Feedback/Modification Imps are too busy
(25-06-2018, 08:44 AM)Rasmus Wrote: What I'm afraid of here is that the player won't be able to dig if the orcs are in battle or that they are all dead.

1. ATM we can have this issue with Imps. In time when you lost about 40 Imps - because they do not escape like they should and because Rally Flag do not force anyone to go to the flag and cancel their current job immediately - they continue to walk for resources lying on the floors located behind waves of enemies and just dies (only those Imps who survives after finishing their job behind enemy's back goes to a rally flag). So would it be possible to make rally flags forcing all creatures that matched the type of placed rally flag to cancel their jobs INSTANTLY and force them to go to rally flag and/or make them drop on the floor resources they have in hand and force them to go to rally flag? It was done like that in DK, Dungeons, WftO, why not in Dwelvers? Smile

2. Also to speed up resource collecting - Imps are now collecting items on the floor from 1 tile only - what if they could carry up to for example 10 of resources from different tiles in one turn in "gathering-storage" cycle? For example there is a 3x3 area and on each tile lies 1 item (so on 3x3 area there are 9 items total) - an Imp having 10 free space in bag could go there and pick up all items lying on this 3x3 area in 1 turn instead of going 9 times from there to storage to collect resources from each one tile separately.

3. To decrease amount of jobs Imps have to made would it be also possible to give a Antroot Farm jobs (gathering Antroots, feeding Mill, gathering Flour) to some new creature or Fishmen (they would look awesome in some straw hat)?...

4. Could also be feeding Mice Trap and fetching water from Well done only by creatures that uses antroot/water in production? For example Fishman takes water from Well directly to Farm Land tile it wants to water with, Fishman takes Antroot just harvested from Farm Room directly to Mice trap, Orc takes water from Well directly to Forge & Anvil - no need to store water at blue room flag. Smile
The only water stored in Storage Rooms would be fetched one from some dungeon water areas.
EDIT: I think in general working creatures could go to the nearest storage for item they need to production without needing Imps to take items there - creatures working in rooms are often idle when Imps are always busy, so that would also help I think making Imps more free to work on digging or constructing. Especially that I often experience lack of water in Baking Table or Forge & Anvil.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy

Messages In This Thread
Imps are too busy - by Xaos - 19-06-2018, 04:19 PM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Sebt - 19-06-2018, 09:31 PM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Xaos - 19-06-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Sebt - 20-06-2018, 04:59 PM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Xaos - 20-06-2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Sebt - 21-06-2018, 09:38 AM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Rasmus - 25-06-2018, 08:44 AM
RE: Imps are too busy - by Sebt - 26-06-2018, 09:48 AM