Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.07.10 - Alpha v0.7e is now released
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2014.07.10 - Alpha v0.7e is now released
Dwelvers Alpha v0.7e has now been released to the pre-orderers, you can download it at the Dwelvers website.

(This version is still not considered stable, and I will not do a bigger public announcement until it is.)

Download:
To download it you need to go to Dwelvers website, then login with your username and password.
Once this is done a new tab leading to the members page should have become available. Here you can download the latest version.

Upgrades since v0.7e
  • Trading System 2.0 - This enables the player to trade different goods with the surface world.
  • Rotating Buildings - A new way to rotate buildings have been implemented, this is a test version for now and I would love some feedback on it to see if this should replace the previous rotation system.
  • Shortcuts - After many many requests I finally implemented so that it is possible to use keyboard shortcuts to select what to build.
  • Miscellaneous Production Chain Upgrades - I decided to make a larger post collecting all the upgrades made to the production system since the 0.7d release. This topic is a collection of quotes from other topics that are directly related to bug fixing, but as they have a large impact on the production chain I think they are worth reading.

Patch fixes since v0.7d

If you want to contribute with ideas:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11

Just make sure that you read the post of already suggested ideas so that you don't double post. And there are also some layout requirements for the suggestion posts that you need to follow to make it easier for us.
Link to the "The list of already suggested ideas"

If you want to report a bug or issue:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

Just make sure that you read the topic about the already known bugs and issues so that you don't double post.
Link to the "Known bugs / issues Alpha v0.7"
10-07-2014 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I would like to add that this is the post with the threadid = "1000" Wink
10-07-2014 03:14 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
1000, nice. Big Grin

I watched the video and regarding to way of showing connections I have suggestions:
- maybe instead of showing chain connections between rooms on rooms directly they could be showed only on minimap? In Dungeon Keeper 1 when you hover mouse on room/trap/door or room/trap/door icon in room/9trap/door panel you can see blinking on white highlight of selected room/trap/door on minimap. I think player could see it better on minimap especially if could zoom in/out it to see more and white borders would not exist and a little harm the game look like now, Tongue
- ...zooming minimap in/out option - just by clicking + or -,
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014 04:06 PM by Sebt.)
10-07-2014 03:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I think that's a good idea Sebt, and it couldn't hurt to show the chain as it does now too. It's gonna be interesting to try out the trading system. Right now there are loads of resources, but I can see this feature really coming in handy later once that becomes more balanced. Good work Ras!
10-07-2014 05:47 PM
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE: 2014.07.10 - Alpha v0.7e is now released
(10-07-2014 03:14 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  I would like to add that this is the post with the threadid = "1000" Wink

Fitting that milestone was reached while announcing a new version! Cool

@Sebt: I like your idea, IMO things like this should be available in an options menu for how this info is displayed, a simple toggle option to turn it on/off in the minimap, and another to toggle the chains display in the main dungeon view.

EDIT: Yeah, I know, we're probably gonna need a terabyte just for the options menus alone! Tongue
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 05:48 AM by Seriously Unserious.)
11-07-2014 05:48 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

(10-07-2014 03:44 PM)Sebt Wrote:  1000, nice. Big Grin

I watched the video and regarding to way of showing connections I have suggestions:
- maybe instead of showing chain connections between rooms on rooms directly they could be showed only on minimap? In Dungeon Keeper 1 when you hover mouse on room/trap/door or room/trap/door icon in room/9trap/door panel you can see blinking on white highlight of selected room/trap/door on minimap. I think player could see it better on minimap especially if could zoom in/out it to see more and white borders would not exist and a little harm the game look like now, Tongue
- ...zooming minimap in/out option - just by clicking + or -,

- I don't think having the chain connections on the minimap only will be enough for the player, it can be hard to see even now.
- Yeah I like that!
11-07-2014 06:05 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Test it then. Smile
It's much harder to see connections in main 3D view at higher angle then on 2D minimap especially if you regulate range of chain connections visibility by zooming minimap out you could see much more then from main view especially if you don't want to change your camera view and I think these white borders are little disturbing, but that's my opinion. Tongue

If you want, try to zoom out the main view for different angles and find out places that are chained - I'm sure as angle is closer to 90 degrees as better overall outlook you get. Try also with rooms that are chained with each other in longer distances, only 2D view will give you the clearest view what is where and with what chained, especially that as far you try to look as more blured view of farther positioned point. As bigger is dungeon as harder will be to see everything chained.

SU: Definitely great idea, what's more maybe we cold give the player a choice - to see chain connections in main view or minimap and option to turn them on/off. +2 Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 02:28 PM by Sebt.)
11-07-2014 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

(11-07-2014 01:46 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Test it then. Smile

If you want, try to zoom out the main view for different angles and find out places that are chained - I'm sure as angle is closer to 90 degrees as better overall outlook you get. Try also with rooms that are chained with each other in longer distances, only 2D view will give you the clearest view what is where and with what chained, especially that as far you try to look as more blured view of farther positioned point. As bigger is dungeon as harder will be to see everything chained.

SU: Definitely great idea, what's more maybe we cold give the player a choice - to see chain connections in main view or minimap and option to turn them on/off. +2 Smile
You bring up some very good points... and thanks. Smile
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
14-07-2014 04:43 PM