Design issue 0.7e - Lazy Workers
One problem I have noticed, is that if I have lots and lots of imps, sometimes, I see them standing idle for no apparent reason, when there is clearly work to be done.
I don't know if this is an error in the imp logic or if the game can't handle ordering so many imps around, but it is a problem which is making late game much less enjoyable.

I spotlight the workers, who are either standing around lazily, or simple not being as efficient as they should be.
This is the same issue as having more than nine creatures run towards the rally flag. The game is currently set on that max 9 workers can perform the same task at once, and in this case it is transporting items to the rally flag in the storage room. What you see here is all the imps running towards the storage room at once but one second later their job get cancelled because there already are 9 other imps running to the rally flag. And around it goes..

This will be fixed with the issue that only 9 orcs can go to the rally flag at once.
Maybe if we could make rally flag for each squad (so each squad has own rally flag ascribed to it) we could solve that problem easily? So we have full control of which should go and which should not. Anyway have full control of units and be able to order them to do different tasks, especially tactical ones would be OK.
The same for imps it is working now - each blue rally flag creates group of workers assigned to each flag, well disbanding limits will surely solve the problem with lazy imps who should always look for free tasks and join any work place if are needed..
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I've just played for a little while, with 50 imps, and I have to say: God-damned freaking good job Ras. Love the new workload meter, the enthusiast new free workers and the lack of "you seem to have some troubles with production" constant messages.

The only problem reported so far, this one, was because someone made so many imps that it reached the codes built in limit to handle single tasks. I would take that as a compliment if I where you Big Grin
(12-07-2014, 06:33 PM)Sebt Wrote: Maybe if we could make rally flag for each squad (so each squad has own rally flag ascribed to it) we could solve that problem easily? So we have full control of which should go and which should not. Anyway have full control of units and be able to order them to do different tasks, especially tactical ones would be OK.
The same for imps it is working now - each blue rally flag creates group of workers assigned to each flag, well disbanding limits will surely solve the problem with lazy imps who should always look for free tasks and join any work place if are needed..

Well, I what needs to be done here is to just add so that certain jobs can have an unlimited number of workers to them.

(12-07-2014, 06:48 PM)Excess Wrote: I've just played for a little while, with 50 imps, and I have to say: God-damned freaking good job Ras. Love the new workload meter, the enthusiast new free workers and the lack of "you seem to have some troubles with production" constant messages.

The only problem reported so far, this one, was because someone made so many imps that it reached the codes built in limit to handle single tasks. I would take that as a compliment if I where you Big Grin

Thanks Excess Big Grin
I feel like we are getting closer to the goal, next up is getting the game balanced.
(14-07-2014, 01:23 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I feel like we are getting closer to the goal, next up is getting the game balanced.

I agree. If ballance-do good, game good, ballance-do bad, game bad.

[Image: _Karate_Kid_Mr_Miyagi_Tribute_All_Fights...Morita.jpg]
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!