Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Poll: How should in Dwelvers look diversification of jobs?
Imps do everything, Creatures are only for military use.
Imps are only suppliers, Creatures are only manufacturers and fighters.
Creatures and Imps can do the same jobs - not all of course, but some could do this, some that (so we don't have division for Imps and Creatures, all are the one workgroup).
Imps are doing the most of jobs, but some Creatures could help them with some jobs too
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Brainstorm Choose which creatures should do what in Dwelvers?
Goblin_Priest Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Choose which creatures should do what in Dwelvers?
I'd prefer if imps were basic untrained labor, and creatures were required for specialized work. Like the cookery works right now.

I liked the feel of the original DK where the imps had no need and you could spawn them with magic. Made them feel like truly "worthless" minions one conjures at his leisure, without needs nor rights, and only the prospect of work ahead of them. No food, no rest, no play, just work.

A dungeon should be able to survive with only imps, but require an array of specialized creatures to truly thrive.
22-06-2015 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

(22-06-2015 03:12 PM)Goblin_Priest Wrote:  A dungeon should be able to survive with only imps, but require an array of specialized creatures to truly thrive.

This is my thoughts exactly Smile
23-06-2015 12:24 AM
Goblin_Priest Offline
Dungeon Lord

I do like the idea of varying quality suggested by others, though, moreso than varying productivity/efficiency. If imps are to cook bread, for example, it should be of low quality. I'm not sure exactly how the food mechanics work, but lower quality could mean that it doesn't increase food satisfaction past a certain (low) limit, or it could mean that it decreases happiness every time it is used up.

If the only difference was that piggehs produced twice as much bread, one could just shrug it off and say "meh, I've got plenty of imps anyways". Detracts from the gameplay, in my opinion.
24-06-2015 12:16 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Well, right now the levels can be pretty forgiving to the player, he can stand back and relax and watch his army grow without doing much expanding. In the future this will be different and the piggeh option makes bread not only faster but also saves resources such as flour, water and wood.
24-06-2015 11:49 AM
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

Id like to be able to select what each imp's job will be. Instead of them all doing stuff based on tasks priority. Thats my vote Tongue
15-08-2015 03:27 AM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

The main issue that I see with allowing other creatures to do imp jobs is that people will try to skew their dungeon to only have the creature best able to multitask. If a creature can fight, explore, gather, dig, build, and craft, then that would be the only creature I would want to build.

I think in order to have creature diversity, you will need to have job exclusion.

Taking this in another direction, have you considered a creature upgrade system? You could have all creatures start off as Imps. Imps can do everything, but nothing very well. Then through using resources, you could upgrade them to different creature types that excel at a certain job. The upgraded creatures would have specific roles (miner/digger, farmer, cook, crafter, etc...). These upgraded creatures could be upgraded even further granting them even more job efficiency.

Just a thought...
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 01:58 AM by Xaos.)
22-08-2015 01:47 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
It's been brought up in a couple different threads, and personally I wouldn't mind seeing something like the hero mechanic in Warcraft III creeping into Dwelvers.
22-08-2015 01:59 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

(22-08-2015 01:47 AM)Xaos Wrote:  The main issue that I see with allowing other creatures to do imp jobs is that people will try to skew their dungeon to only have the creature best able to multitask. If a creature can fight, explore, gather, dig, build, and craft, then that would be the only creature I would want to build.

I think in order to have creature diversity, you will need to have job exclusion.

Taking this in another direction, have you considered a creature upgrade system? You could have all creatures start off as Imps. Imps can do everything, but nothing very well. Then through using resources, you could upgrade them to different creature types that excel at a certain job. The upgraded creatures would have specific roles (miner/digger, farmer, cook, crafter, etc...). These upgraded creatures could be upgraded even further granting them even more job efficiency.

Just a thought...

I agree with the statement in the first paragraph - I wish I could play whatever creature I like and that could also be as good in battle as in manufacturing things.

We've discussed with Rasmus, a long, long time ago to make creatures able to do whatever they want to. By this I mean i.e. that an Orc can be an Archer, Axeman or Sorcerer (so and different skill threes for one type of creature that are chosen whenever creature - or player - decide whether to be a Sorcerer or an Archer), etc. but also if we could teach any creature how to cook or craft in Metalworks Room (or even skill/train them in specific profession!) that would be great (I think no resources should be used in this process because why should be they if learning just takes time and training? But maybe if these are wasted resources on mistakes like burnt bread...).

ATM it's planned I think to make each creature having different predisposition to craft things like now Piggehs are much better then Imps in Kitchen (at least can bake bread faster and there's will be a much less probability to burn bread by Piggeh) - I think Rasmus is going to implement such idea if all basic features will be ready, will see.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 10:04 AM by Sebt.)
22-08-2015 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, what Sebt said Tongue

I have been thinking about giving the Impanzees a job in the barroom, and the Orcs in the metalworks room. How does this sound?
27-08-2015 10:36 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hmm, wasn't that a primal idea for them to have work in these rooms? Smile

Also Impanzee in Bar Room... wait, someone suggested to make a stand on which Impanzees could entertain Bar Room guests. Big Grin
Also they could be the proud waiters there.

Orcs due to have significant physical body build strong they could work well in Metalwork Room. I think they could help in every kind of room where physical strength and skill in craftsmanship, why only to limit creatures to one room if that will make them more usable as there will always be creatures of the same type that are jobless. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2015 10:31 AM by Sebt.)
28-08-2015 10:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
LOL, Mr Belvedere!!!
29-08-2015 05:00 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
So I have put the impanzees to work in the bar:

[Image: ImpanzeeBarClothes.png]

And the orcs in the metal works room:

[Image: OrcMetalWorksRoomClothes.png]

And as you can see I have given them some matching clothes Tongue

What do you think?
25-09-2015 01:41 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I'm guessing that each perform better than Imps kinda like the way Piggehs are better cooks, but I'm not sure how Impanzees would deliver food in a better way. Grillya looks pretty stoked about his new apron, and for safety reasons I think those Orcs should sheath those weapons when working the metal. Thats a good way to lose a finger Tongue

But getting back to those Impanzees, I don't really get the apron as waiter's attire. I was thinking something more Belvederian like this (at the very least a bow tie to match those snappy top hats Imps get):

[Image: 22Wai.png]
25-09-2015 05:28 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
It has been done Wink

[Image: ImpanzeeSnappyBarClothes.png]
28-09-2015 09:33 AM
Mello Tonin Offline