Hi

Somehow I am not satisfied with this system
Let me give an example

1. Here the coal is mined
2. The coal is brought to the next room
3. The final room fetch the coal from the previous room

[Image: Dwelvers2014-07-1310-12-35-25645a48.jpg]

[Image: Dwelvers2014-07-1310-13-24-21596bc7.jpg]
So when i mining some ressources, the workload pushed up for any minutes and when i mining finish, i have low workflow and i must change the nummer of workers again.

I think that's a senseless micromanagement.

Why no direct way or maybe a option so i can handle this thats my ressources not transported from room to room .

What do you think about this
Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it?
If the workload is really heavy, the machine will assign to that task additional workers automatically that will then disappear when the workload goes down.
They'll appear like so in the workers counter: 5 / 2+3 which should be read as:

There are 5 workers doing the tasks, from whom 2 are your "suggested limit" and 3 are free-workers who where assigned by the machine to help with the balance.

On the other hand, the resources get fetched to the closest room on purpose because of all the troubles we had with fetching water and watering roots. Take a look at the troubles with flour/water threads to read more about it.
Thanks for the explanation.
Then it would be good if the message which the workflow in a room is high does not come every time

That sucks a little :-)
I agree, there are to many messages coming, I have been thinking about adding a option with the rooms so that the player can control when he wants the workload message, some rooms are just bound to get their workload go up and down a lot.
I think as far as too many production messages, certain things need to be taken into consideration. I see these mostly when it concerns food production. If I already have a significant stock, then do I really care if flour or bread is being produced at 100% output efficiency? No, but if I have a Bar room that is no longer getting food because the store it was taking from to start, typically the DM, has ran out of food stuffs, and I haven't changed the link to the store that I'm setting exclusively for food items I definitely want to know about that.

That being said, the current sound clip for production is too general and too long. It would be nice to have given the example I just mentioned there would be a specific sound clip for that like 'Hungry creatures can't find food'.
(14-07-2014, 07:53 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: That being said, the current sound clip for production is too general and too long. It would be nice to have given the example I just mentioned there would be a specific sound clip for that like 'Hungry creatures can't find food'.

Good idea. IMO same giving creatures sounds that reflects that not satisfy situation as giving them proper "cloud' that would say about that one can't find food would be just enough. Listening to creatures directly instead of listening to mentor's voice would get more pleasure as we instantly can hear or see or both who has a problem with what exactly.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(14-07-2014, 11:23 PM)Sebt Wrote: Good idea. IMO same giving creatures sounds that reflects that not satisfy situation as giving them proper "cloud' that would say about that one can't find food would be just enough. Listening to creatures directly instead of listening to mentor's voice would get more pleasure as we instantly can hear or see or both who has a problem with what exactly.

Have you guys notice how when you zoom far enough you stop hearing sounds? I would love to have the same thing happen if you get too close to a creature. Zooming in on a hungry imp and hearing some angry mumblings and complains would be awesome Big Grin
(14-07-2014, 07:53 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I think as far as too many production messages, certain things need to be taken into consideration. I see these mostly when it concerns food production. If I already have a significant stock, then do I really care if flour or bread is being produced at 100% output efficiency? No, but if I have a Bar room that is no longer getting food because the store it was taking from to start, typically the DM, has ran out of food stuffs, and I haven't changed the link to the store that I'm setting exclusively for food items I definitely want to know about that.

I like this idea, but I also do feel like some people playing games like this strive after perfection (I am one of those), so we need some options on how the message system should be handled.

(14-07-2014, 07:53 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: That being said, the current sound clip for production is too general and too long. It would be nice to have given the example I just mentioned there would be a specific sound clip for that like 'Hungry creatures can't find food'.

Yeah, I agree, we made it general because I didn't want to push in sound clips for every new building and so on. Once things have started to settle down and we don't introducing new buildings and features so much we can start creating a list on all the clips needed.

(15-07-2014, 02:23 AM)Excess Wrote: Have you guys notice how when you zoom far enough you stop hearing sounds? I would love to have the same thing happen if you get too close to a creature. Zooming in on a hungry imp and hearing some angry mumblings and complains would be awesome Big Grin

I like that! This is definitely something for the future. Personally I must say that the current creature voices really have made the dungeon more alive, and adding another layer upon that when the camera zooms in could be really cool Big Grin
(15-07-2014, 02:23 AM)Excess Wrote: Have you guys notice how when you zoom far enough you stop hearing sounds? I would love to have the same thing happen if you get too close to a creature. Zooming in on a hungry imp and hearing some angry mumblings and complains would be awesome Big Grin

In Civilization V it worked pretty well and fun, would be great to have that system in Dwelvers too, especially to hear something like burp only when we really are zooming close to burper. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(15-07-2014, 11:06 PM)Rasmus Wrote:
(14-07-2014, 07:53 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I think as far as too many production messages, certain things need to be taken into consideration. I see these mostly when it concerns food production. If I already have a significant stock, then do I really care if flour or bread is being produced at 100% output efficiency? No, but if I have a Bar room that is no longer getting food because the store it was taking from to start, typically the DM, has ran out of food stuffs, and I haven't changed the link to the store that I'm setting exclusively for food items I definitely want to know about that.

I like this idea, but I also do feel like some people playing games like this strive after perfection (I am one of those), so we need some options on how the message system should be handled.

I got 99 problems, but hunger ain't one!

[Image: nE5m6Oq.jpg]
Nice one Excess!
Very nice, it all looks so... buttery? Tongue
OH-NO! Rolleyes Not another pyramid builder! Tongue

Seriously though, nice dungeon antroot hill building! Wink
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
ok back to topic...Angry

So i have another example to explain my issue

On the farm i need water. You see the red path.
The tradingpost need antroot, that is the green path.

[Image: OMG84bb4.jpg]

For this two path i want a direct way and not a detour.Wink

Maybe its possible do link a well to a brewery, a farm or so....
Only this well delivered the "builiding" direct.
If the "building" have not enough water from this allocated well, the imps delivered more water from other wells (delivery system at the moment).

That would be simplify the prdoduction chain and would be relieve the work of the imps...

What do you think?
The problem here is that the imps fetching water is usually free workers, and they only have one thing in mind, and that is to deliver all items they carry to the closest storage room. In the previous version I had it so that the workers deliver the items to the closest room, which meant that if a well was close to a farm room the farm room would get the water first hand. But it also meant that all the dug out stones and such got delivered to the farm room, and this wasn't appreciated. I can't make it so that the free workers care about what a room needs or not because then all the free workers would have to think about all the rooms in the game when delivering, and would be messy and CPU demanding.

Linking wells to certain rooms is a idea I like more (as you said), but I don't want the storage room workers or the farmers to fetch the water unless they are unemployed. Right now the system "should" accept some water fetching from the rooms when the workers are unemployed and have a shortage of water.

Hmm, my solution to this is that the player would get a option to override the "deliver water to closest storage room" and make it so that the water can be delivered to a specific room. But this would mean that only one room can be linked from the well, and I am a little worried that if I add this feature people would like to link one well to more than one room. I could make it so that a well could be linked to several rooms, but it is a whole new level of complexity for the player and will probably start a whole new discussion on how this could be better handled.

As you probably can hear I am searching for a solution that don't involve the player having to micro manage the wells to much.

Hmm, okay second idea, when a free worker delivers water to the closest storage room he will also consider the options to deliver the water to rooms that are requesting water and are linked to that storage room. This could be his main priority actually. If a room connected to a storage room needs water this will always be the first option.