Feedback/Modification Resource Mechanic - Resources delivery system
Whoa, what an answer :-)

My thoughts:

I do not know what it looks like in the future but atm...The water is currently needed for the farm and the kitchen.
Could not different water sources for the rooms added where the imps which are fed organize this space directly fetch the water from there when its needed?
I'm also not sure whether water should be a resource where you can store. I have observed that the water is a big part of the workflow for the Imps in the storage room.
Maybe you should look here the approach?
I know it can be frustrating keeping the workflow on task, but I think another way to solve this could be having the well as a construct of the room itself. So like the farm room when you use the option to plant the farm perhaps you could have an option to build a well too on the same farm room. This means that you can set it so that water doesn't leave that room as a product keeping the store room free of water which is not needed to be stored, and the Imp assigned to the room could be responsible for collecting water instead of a free Imp as farmers don't seem to have a lot to do. Later the well could be upgraded to a pump and farm plots could be upgraded to farm plots with irrigation so there is insensitive to work towards upgrading and get better production from farm plots.
Why not make the water wells something you can build exclusively on farms and kitchens? Like the baking table, or the grinder? That would save millions of calculations on pathfinding/storage.

EDIT: What Mello said.
(21-07-2014, 12:01 PM)TopperHarley Wrote: Whoa, what an answer :-)

My thoughts:

I do not know what it looks like in the future but atm...The water is currently needed for the farm and the kitchen.
Could not different water sources for the rooms added where the imps which are fed organize this space directly fetch the water from there when its needed?
I'm also not sure whether water should be a resource where you can store. I have observed that the water is a big part of the workflow for the Imps in the storage room.
Maybe you should look here the approach?

This is an idea I could accept, having the rooms that needs water go and fetch water only! And not having the free workers do it.

(21-07-2014, 06:13 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I know it can be frustrating keeping the workflow on task, but I think another way to solve this could be having the well as a construct of the room itself. So like the farm room when you use the option to plant the farm perhaps you could have an option to build a well too on the same farm room. This means that you can set it so that water doesn't leave that room as a product keeping the store room free of water which is not needed to be stored, and the Imp assigned to the room could be responsible for collecting water instead of a free Imp as farmers don't seem to have a lot to do. Later the well could be upgraded to a pump and farm plots could be upgraded to farm plots with irrigation so there is insensitive to work towards upgrading and get better production from farm plots.

It is a little to convenient that water could be found anywhere, I know that I should say "In the future", but in this case I want to keep the option open to have the wells so that they can be built anywhere, because at some time in the future I will probably limit the locations the player can build a well on.