Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.07.19 - AI Test - Upcoming aggression
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2014.07.19 - AI Test - Upcoming aggression
AI Test - Upcoming aggression

This is the first AI test on enemies attacking and digging into the player dungeon. Right now all rogues all over the map will dig towards the player dungeon without breaking into the dungeon. This is only a test on how hostile the enemies actually can be and does not represent the actual hostility they will have in the game. What is presented here is NOT included in the 0.7e version but will be included in the next upcoming release.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 01:23 PM by Sebt.)
19-07-2014 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RestOne Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 2014.07.19 - AI Test - Upcoming aggression
Looks pretty good!
But maybe they should start 5 minutes after the start of the level, because the amount of Rogue´s at this time would be deadly for everybody, who just destroys this last wall.
I know that it was just the first test, but hey, I thought some ideas won't hurt anybody^^

Do they have the known preference to build bridges, or is it just random?
19-07-2014 01:47 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Guys, let's smash the like button and make them 50! Big Grin
It's awesome, old times with Dungeon Keeper 1 came again (especially I'm looking at you, level 17...), when I saw digging Rogues up to your fortifications.

I agree some time events like I noticed in thread about Enemies in What could be the next (after 0.7e release)? would be OK, so we could develop our dungeons enough quickly to defend us.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 01:53 PM by Sebt.)
19-07-2014 01:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gbo Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Amazing! Where's the like button????
19-07-2014 06:39 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: 2014.07.19 - AI Test - Upcoming aggression
(19-07-2014 01:47 PM)RestOne Wrote:  Looks pretty good!
But maybe they should start 5 minutes after the start of the level, because the amount of Rogue´s at this time would be deadly for everybody, who just destroys this last wall.
I know that it was just the first test, but hey, I thought some ideas won't hurt anybody^^

Don't worry about it getting to hard, this is just an example on the possibilities the AI has, in my view I always tries to make the AI undefeatable at first, then when that is done it is easy to make it more passive with some options. Not

(19-07-2014 01:47 PM)RestOne Wrote:  Do they have the known preference to build bridges, or is it just random?

So the rogues can build brides, rock blocks and dig. Before they start doing this the game find the most efficient path towards the player dungeon with as little building and digging as possible. So the when the rogue build the bridges it is because it is a shortest route to the player dungeon with as little alteration to the dungeon as possible. At the start of the video when the Rogues start building bridges they only had one other option to reach the other side, and that was dig around the lake, but as this is a longer route and will alter the dungeon much more they choosed to build bridges.

(19-07-2014 01:52 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Guys, let's smash the like button and make them 50! Big Grin
It's awesome, old times with Dungeon Keeper 1 came again (especially I'm looking at you, level 17...), when I saw digging Rogues up to your fortifications.

I liked the DK1 AI much more than the DK2 AI, personally I think the DK2 AI was very stupid, they just dug a straight line into the enemy dungeon. In DK1 they at least tried to find an already opened path into the player dungeon.

(19-07-2014 06:39 PM)gbo Wrote:  Amazing! Where's the like button????

Hehe, like it on Facebook and YouTube Wink
19-07-2014 09:44 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
This is pretty cool. I got a chuckle out of the saved game called Matrix Reloaded. All I can think of now is Neo in a Rouge outfit in a corner deep in thought, 'There is no pickaxe'.

Can't wait to have to focus on defending the dungeon more.
21-07-2014 06:42 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hehe, that savegame is someone elses Smile
24-07-2014 02:11 AM