Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.07.30 - Long overdue polishing
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hi there Brother! Welcome to the forum Wink
There will be a option for this when you start the game. If you choose a lower difficulty you will definitely need to fight less often than when you choose a higher difficulty. Then again there are people that would like to only experience fighting when they are expanding the dungeon and not when they are polishing it. I would like to think that this option will be level dependent in the future.
31-07-2014 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aische1984 Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE: 2014.07.30 - Long overdue polishing
(30-07-2014 01:02 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  
Easier to obtain creature info

First of, here's the screenshot:

[Image: CreatureMoodsAndActions.jpg]

When a creature icon is selected with the hand some other icons will pop up above it. These icons shows how many of the creatures are in a good, neutral, bad or dead mood. Also how many of the creatures that are idle, working, or fighting. When these icons are left clicked the player will toggle and zoom in on these creatures.

Also when a creature type is doing battle a red square will flash around the creature icon so that the player can find the battle without having to scroll through the messages.

it would be nice if this could show how many of which level there are
like:

4 x level 1 | 1 x level 2 | 3 x level 3 | 4 x level 4

alternatively shift + leftklick on the creature type to post it on the console
31-07-2014 02:15 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm it would be a lot of squares, and I don't want to use the console window for that. Perhaps as you said, hold in shift to get extra info.
31-07-2014 03:13 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

(31-07-2014 03:13 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  Hmm it would be a lot of squares, and I don't want to use the console window for that. Perhaps as you said, hold in shift to get extra info.

Agree, 'shift' could be a great global key for "see more details" tooltip activator and could pretty well work when you want to see more detailed info about certain creature's type. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 04:41 PM by Sebt.)
31-07-2014 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aische1984 Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
the left "alt" key might work well too since people are already used to get more information in windows or some games like diablo 1&2 and alot of other action rpg's
31-07-2014 06:48 PM
prof_ion Offline
Game Vlogger

So much is changing! Guess I better get cracking with this whole thing hitting steam sooner than later. Unluckily I have an unplanned trip for two weeks starting Sunday at 2AM. So I will try and get as much recorded between now and then as I can, but I will be buys so no promises. On the bright side I have the first video recorded, and just need to render it. So hopefully I can get more done this week.
05-08-2014 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seriously Unserious Offline
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
I love the changes to the game. The one change I am a bit concerned about is the fighting requirement., as Markus and MT mentioned. I could see that especially being a problem both early and late in the game, early because it can take a while to build up to be combat ready, and later in the game because it can get hard to find enemies to fight when most have already been killed. I like MT's idea of sparing in the training room, or better yet, how about an Arena Room, where creatures who have a fight requirement could spar while others could be entertained by watching the combatants. This could also come with the downside of the occasional riot if the crowd doesn't like the results of a battle (too short, or too tame for example).
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
09-08-2014 02:17 AM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
I actually really like your arena idea Serious, you could actually use monsters that are captured in the jail and have them fight in the arena, give them the ability to train and level up so they are not all squishy when your creatures are stronger. and even have a selection of weapons that they can use as well.
09-08-2014 02:38 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
In other words, train our prisoners as gladiators. I like it! Smile +1 to you, and another +2 for your great Dwelvers videos!
The Golden One!
09-08-2014 03:32 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
When I was thinking of the training/arena room I was thinkin of something like this but something better than my plain walls here and perhaps a stairway leading down to the pit:

[Image: JSTH.png]

This way, we don't really need to add a new room type, but instead use the existing Training Room and we build it to our needs. So you might have a couple Training Rooms, one for regular training, the other for sparing, or put them all in the same place like I showed there. It would need to be a minimum of 3x3 to be able to construct the space, and would go down 1 tile so you wouldn't be able to build this on permanent rock. You would create it by selecting it from the room item build menu like adding a training dummy. When you placed this 3x3 area, it would automatically dig out the space needed, and you could expand beyond 3x3 to allow more creatures to be able to spar.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014 05:13 PM by Mello Tonin.)
09-08-2014 05:12 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Really nice Smile
Yeah this is something I definitely will put in!
09-08-2014 05:18 PM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
That looks awesome Mello, oh that could be so awesome. I'd end up just watching matches and betting on who would win Tongue

*whispers* I would always win cause no one would bet against me hehe
10-08-2014 01:49 AM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
@mag0ca: LOL.

@MT: +2 for your contribution. I'm thinking that insread of walls, the arena could be a building constructed in a training room that has bleachers surrounding it, except for a gate for the fighters to enter though (similar idea to the antroot farms or prison bars). The "Pit" or "Ring" or whatever the fighting area gets called should require a minimum size for it to be effective. To have prisoners fight in the arena, you could have a gladiator cell as another training room building where prisoners designated as gladiators would be brought to and stored until they die in the arena.
The Golden One!
11-08-2014 09:34 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yes! Let's make it a bit more non traditional with the whole pit thing, and go wresting ring style for minions and cage match for enemies? I would love to see an Imp ref manage that one! 'Whoops, didn't mean to clothesline the ref...Where's my beer!' *Orc grumbles*
11-08-2014 09:49 PM
The Ninja Dinosaur

RE:
Then the orc looks up, looks way up and sees the Cyclotaur slamming down the last mug...

Orc- No, no that's ok, I really wasn't that thirsty, really! Go ahead and have all the beer you want!

Seriously though, I was thinking sunken pit, sandy floor, stone grandstand with mob of spectators cheering the bloodlust on. and a master of the games deciding if the loser gets to live or die, depending on if the fight was entertaining enough to want to see them go at it again sometime or not. Roman style.
The Golden One!
12-08-2014 06:45 AM