Feedback/Modification Room Mechanic - Free workers if room is not producing
If the room is not producing stuff, because it has been blocked by the player, the workers in that room should be freed until production is enabled.
[Image: r4VRpd.png]
Edit: Another problem that I forget is that warning messages about "Slow production" should not keep poping up when you have specifically disabled production, they are redundant and they just keep piling up. At one point I had 120 notifications that my farmland production was slow, but it was slow because i disabled production.
Yes, I think this wouldn't be a bad idea. It could work like darklordabc mentioned: if a room's production is stopped, then you will be able get your Imp back, but when you start production then it should reclaim a free Imp to run things. If you don't have a free Imp, then you should get a message in the console, and also not be able to enable production until you have a free Imp.
Thx Mello. Another problem that I forget is that warning messages about "Slow production" should not keep poping up when you have specifically disabled production, they are redundant and they just keep piling up. At one point I had 120 notifications that my farmland production was slow, but it was slow because i disabled production.
Yeah, that sounds about right. The message system is still really new, so it definitely needs some tweaks. That same complaint has been raised before, and we even talked about having a way to disable those announcements.
The message system is really annoying, if the player has 400 antroots in stock there is no reason to notify the player about "low farm production". Also the imps will get auto assigned to the rooms by the computer in the next version so this will definitely remove the imps from the room if there is no work to be done.
That's right, this problem will be resolved by automation, added to Ideas & Game Features list anyway. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy