Pass:     
Help Register

I Challenge You! Find bugs and win a free copy of Dwelvers
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Find bugs and win a free copy of Dwelvers
Find bugs and win a free copy of Dwelvers

Version 0.8b is now out and v0.8c is on the way. I want the 0.8c version to be the last version released before the Steam release and therefore the more intensive bug-testing the better.

As I know it requires a lot of work to search for bugs and report them and so on I have decided to reward those of you that find the time to help me with this Smile

The price

Right now we have an offer that if you pre-order Dwelvers before the Steam release you will get THREE FREE STEAM KEYS. If you win a free copy here you will become a pre-orderer and therefore get the same offer.

Rules
  • All bug reports must be posted here: http://forum.dwelvers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19
  • Duplicate bug-reports will not count, please check this topic to see what has already been reported: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=1076
  • Three newly reported bugs since the 0.7b release will give you an free copy of Dwelvers.
  • One member can only win one copy from this game. (Copies that has been paid for doesn't count as a won copy.)
  • For a bug report to count it also needs to be confirmed by me as a bug. Therefore it is important to describe the bug as thoroughly as possible.
  • De-confirming a bug as solved will be counted as a "half point" while finding a new bug will count as "one point", three points gives you a free copy of Dwelvers. Bugs that needs confirmation can be found here: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=1076
  • As the game is still in alpha there are some minor things that are unfinished, and an unfinished feature will not count as a bug.

Download demo

The demo is exactly as the full version with the limitations that you can't save or load any game and can't play it more than 1 hour. I know that those of you that already own the game will have a advantage, but I also think that 1 hour of gameplay should reveal some bugs.

---- Let the games begin ----
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 10:46 PM by Rasmus.)
01-09-2014 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
This may not seem fair to all of you, because I know many of the long time members have helped so much in the past reporting bugs. And that the reward for this should be only be based on a very limited amount of time. I will make sure that those of you that have helped me in the past with finding bugs also will get a thank you Smile
01-09-2014 10:08 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Version 0.8c has been released and the challenge has ended!

There were 12 bugs reported, 7 of them was reported by Ardilor Smile
I would also like to thank vision, Kehlar and Burtis for your bug reports!
And a special thank to Mello Tonin for his bug reports and confirming solved bugs faster than ever before Tongue

Once again, before the steam release I will also show my appreciation to all of the hardcore forum members that have helped with with the development since start!

For you that don't know it I also announced this challenge on reddit, facebook and twitter, hopefully we got some new members by this. I thought it would be fun, I haven't gotten any feedback on this challenge so I don't know if it has contributed with anything, your opinion is valuable for me Smile
02-09-2014 11:00 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
You're welcome man. I'm just happy to help, but it doesn't hurt your cause to sweetin the pot. Nice work Ardilor finding a majority of the bugs in 0.8b! Thanks to everyone who joined in trying to find bugs and help get Dwelvers closer to being Steam ready!
03-09-2014 03:47 AM