Last Post Wins
Welcome back SU Big Grin
I wonder how to invent so smart system that could delete spam users with their content and ban their computer Mac address (IP is easy to change, mac you'll not change I think). That's anyway a shame for humanity that they make banners, spam, do thing they'll normally never do for something humans created artificially - money.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
One problem with that is that MAC addresses are a Layer 2 address which don't route over the internet. Keeping SPAM Bots at bay may be doable, but when it's an actual person, I think you pretty much just have to manage them manually unless they use similar taglines.
That's true... There's a MyBB plugin that is searching for spam on the forum and deletes it automatically when found such content. We have here it, but I'm not sure if it could delete someone's content which is not a spam. Also actual register validation system is text not visual and I feel we still have non-human bots there registering like this about chili... Will see, website will be completely rebuilt in the future aNFL in meantime some parts too. Smile
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Off to SydCon to make some more promo Tongue
I will probably post another news update tomorrow or on Monday Smile Soon Steam Big Grin
Sounds like fun! I see a lot more of these in your future. Well, I'm coffee'd up and actually have time to play today. Just finished building a new PC a couple days ago, and Dwelvers is the first game being loaded on it. Time to Dwelve it up!
Nice. I guess it's not http://www.sydcon.info in SYDney , but http://www.sydcon.sverok.net in ... your hometown? Nice. Have you got bigger screen? Big Grin
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R...

EDIT:

Huh
Skunk Dunks? No waY!?!?!
Exclamation

[Image: JPB8.png]

Never heard about Skunk Dunks until today, so that spammer did make some advertising after all Tongue
Yeah, can't say I've ever been let down by my shoes so I don't know how effective a marketing line that makes...
One thing that I liked about those shoes is that they could be really dirty and still look the same Tongue
(02-08-2014, 08:05 AM)Sebt Wrote: That's true... There's a MyBB plugin that is searching for spam on the forum and deletes it automatically when found such content. We have here it, but I'm not sure if it could delete someone's content which is not a spam. Also actual register validation system is text not visual and I feel we still have non-human bots there registering like this about chili... Will see, website will be completely rebuilt in the future aNFL in meantime some parts too. Smile

I'm building my new website with Drupal, and found a great module that blocks bots from filling out any forms by actually looking for activities that only a human visitor should be able to do, like mouse movements and keypresses for example. It also has a special landing page included for bots that do manage to gain access to the forms, but most will have the forms, like the register, login and this form we all use to post messages all hidden from them. Maybe see if there's a similar plugin for PHPbb?

Anyhow, thanks all, it's good to be back. I'm finishing up my finals, starting tomorrow (yeah, a final exam on a Saturday, what's the world coming to?) and the last one on Tuesday evening. Then it's back to finishing off my website and getting on with making some money... and making the time to be able to play games like Dwelvers more again.
[Image: 11619898803_7d3a89e6bd_n.jpg]
The Golden One!
Nice to see ya back man, good luck on the finals. Those are really weird schedules to test by. At least you only have another 4 days to go.
(09-08-2014, 03:26 AM)Seriously Unserious Wrote: I'm building my new website with Drupal, and found a great module that blocks bots from filling out any forms by actually looking for activities that only a human visitor should be able to do, like mouse movements and keypresses for example. It also has a special landing page included for bots that do manage to gain access to the forms, but most will have the forms, like the register, login and this form we all use to post messages all hidden from them. Maybe see if there's a similar plugin for PHPbb?

Interesting solution. Will check this plugin out.
[Image: JU6Q.jpg]

I had waaaay
Too Much
coffee today!!!