Feedback/Modification Mix - Last changes before Steam - Building cost, Creature Spawning & Game Difficulty
Many of the bugs reported now are just minor issues, and it is possible I will not fix them all before the steam release. What I am most curious about now is:

1. Building costs - To low or to high?
  2. Creature production - To easy to create creatures or to hard?
  3. Difficulty - Can anyone complete the game on the hardest difficulty? Is the normal difficulty to easy to to hard?
  4. Overall - What is the general feeling when playing the game, what would you like to change the most in the balance?
I can test it not until this weekend, so i can not give an answer. Sorry
(04-09-2014, 09:38 AM)Rasmus Wrote:
  1. Building costs - To low or to high?
  2. Creature production - To easy to create creatures or to hard?
  3. Difficulty - Can anyone complete the game on the hardest difficulty? Is the normal difficulty to easy to to hard?
  4. Overall - What is the general feeling when playing the game, what would you like to change the most in the balance?
1.There's only problem with leather at the beginning, rest - fine.
2.It's easy, but it would be perfect if player could stop production of certain type of creatures.
3.Army of thieves kill DM in matter of minutes on Impossible.
4.I wish fishmans were useful, they have proper amount of health but dmg...
1. Think these are fine, but the real problem is the amount of resources available.
2. Didn't think I would like the whole auto spawn feature, but it's growing on me.
3. Been testing on Easy and Normal to run through bugs, so i guess I should check the other difficulty levels too...
4. Fewer resource spawns, there's just too many resources. It does seem a bit slow to start out and at least in the easy and normal modes there is no incentive to build defenses. I know once rooms and creatures get added making the gameplay more fluid and not a waiting game will be far easier, but hey, this is still alpha. I still waste plenty of fun filled hours on it anyways. And portals, it would be nice if they didn't stop sending in enemies, just maybe in intervals; we need more combat.
Been trying to download 0.8 for two days, but it gets canceled every single time, even the chopped up smaller files. Any chance you could upload it to mega or the like and PM me the link Ras?
Ok so played a lil bit during lunch today on Hard, and wow. This is impossible...tried several maps and each time is a fail. I'm being attacked before my Imps can finish picking up resources let alone start building rooms to get food going so my guys don't leave from starvation. I think the worst part about it is that each time they open up a spot near a portal. So even if I can kill the rouges with my 2 Orcs, the level 5 and 6 Knights heading my way swats them like flies.

[edit]
Maybe I was a bit hasty, it's not impossible, but it is in fact hard. The key I'm seeing is to close the holes in the wall after each wave to keep from potentially disturbing a portal. If a portal is activated and they make it to your dungeon interior, you're done.
[edit]
Ok so I get to where I finally have several Orcs and Fishmen, and wave 2 shows up right after I get a single Training Dummy built. Minions chase down the enemy only to run into 7 knights ranging from level 5 to 7. It was a bloodbath, no survivors. Maybe this is impossible after all...wonder what the Impossible setting has in store.
Hehe, I like it when it is hard, it makes me want to try it again and again Big Grin
Maybe I need to make the hard and impossible difficulties a little less impossible Tongue

This is all good feedback, I will be back with more details on what I will change and what not.

@Excess: I will send you a pm (sorry for not seeing your reply until now).
Yeah I tried Impossible, and it is aptly named. There's no way a couple of level 1 Orcs can stand up to level 8 - 10 baddies. It was hilarious.
I have been thinking about the traps. But I suspect that it takes some time to get them up :S