False Alarm 0.8c - Inventory, digging, Workloads
Found these in 0.8c while playing in creative mode. First off there seems to be no difference between it and other game modes and no infinite resources is this just something that will be added later?

in this screenshot you can see that the amount of beer on the table is more than the amount of beer in the whole dungeons inventory

Cant dig in a room anymore without first selling the tile. I could in 0.8b

not even with a pick

cant set how many imps are working a room

also leather is way to hard to come by the only way to do this now seems to be from killing "bad guys" and more often than not your not able to handle the amount of badguys that you find and you lose. Hope these things I found are helpful.
I don't think any of these are really bugs, it's expected behavior.

The inventory count has never included the items on the table.
You should have to sell a room tile before you dig.
And all workloads are now automated like creature spawning.

Leather is a bit hard to come by like you said, but Impanzees are real easy to kill so I would target them first. As you claim Impazee spots, don't sell them. You'll get more Impazees to join your cause that way. Adding a Training Room will help you get more Orcs, and also help your creatures train up to enemies aren't as hard to kill.
(04-09-2014, 11:40 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote: I don't think any of these are really bugs, it's expected behavior.

The inventory count has never included the items on the table.
You should have to sell a room tile before you dig.
And all workloads are now automated like creature spawning.

Leather is a bit hard to come by like you said, but Impanzees are real easy to kill so I would target them first. As you claim Impazee spots, don't sell them. You'll get more Impazees to join your cause that way. Adding a Training Room will help you get more Orcs, and also help your creatures train up to enemies aren't as hard to kill.

Wasn't sure if these were bugs or not though not being able to dig until selling a room tile just seems like an extra step when I could do this in 0.8b for some reason. I am new to the game but did watch some videos on youtube, but unfortunately there is nothing for the new version yet.

If these things are intended then great Smile Also I just had two more things come up. I had a crash to desktop (unfortunantly wasn't running the debugger at the time) I was in the middle of fighting and tried to sell a bridge that at the moment of trying to sell it was underwater. The other thing that came up was I had an imp continuously running into the wall in the bedroom. It ended up fixing itself after about 4 to 5 minutes.
That's interesting about the 'Sell Bridge Crash'. Haven't really tried selling any bridges so that would be something to take a look at. It's a good idea to get in the habit of running the debugger as it really doesn't affect the gameplay in any way, and when you can post a debug log if one gets generated to make Rasmus' life a bit easier in solving the issue that caused it. Also, and I hope this isn't coming across as bossy cause I don't mean it that way, but when reporting issues they really need to be separated into individual threads if the problems are not related. This will help Sebt from having to break down a thread into different ones when managing the forum. Plus it's easier to work on a single issue than a whole bunch grouped into a single thread.
Not bossy at all. I am trying to duplicate the crash with the debugger running to get a crash log and if succesful will post in a new thread. Unfortunatly i have to run the game with bootcamp so to start the in a way to get screenshots i was unable to run the debugger at the same time. No print screen button on mac
No you're right there isn't a 'Print Screen' Key on the Mac, but you can still take screenshots with the keyboard. Just hit Command + Shift + 3 and you'll get a screenshot saved to the desktop.
I have nothing to add to this thread, Mello said it all Wink

I will mark this as false alarm. And I can see that the bridge crash has been given its own topic. Thank you Smile