Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification I & S - Saves information
Ardilor Offline
Realm Conqueror

I & S - Saves information
It would made life much easier if we had all information about save before loading it and checking manually. Something like that:
[Image: wurrea.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 09:24 PM by Sebt.)
07-09-2014 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
There's another suggestion for showing save states too: Thumb for Save game.
I think combining both ideas would look like really nice and clean implemented to the game. Added to Ideas & Game Features list. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 09:33 PM by Sebt.)
07-09-2014 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
So after seeing this brought back up in a Brainstorm, I went back and found this thread. I combined the ideas here, added some elements from the current UI in 0.8j2 and this is what I came up with:

[Image: Uio2.png]

I thought that combining the Save & Load features into a single menu item would consolidate the menu a bit, plus most of my games include them in the same function. We would need to include a verification prompt to ensure mistakes weren't made while saving and loading like 'Are you sure you want to Overwrite Save <savename>?' (Save would be dimmed if a game hadn't been loaded) or 'Continue to Load <savegame>?' (If game in progress it would also say 'All current progress will be lost.'). What do y'all think?
17-02-2015 12:25 AM
Ardilor Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
Wow that one is great.
Although in my opinion instead of: "Tutorial"(...) there should be bookmarks with names of created worlds - something like in Minecraft, you name your world state and have separated folder for only that world. Also I think there should be a button for deleting saves, in order to keep everything in same place.
17-02-2015 03:11 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Thanks, yeah I thought something similar after I posted it, but it's really just an example to show structure. I doubt many people would want to save their tutorials.
17-02-2015 03:41 PM
Tamorr Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
I really like the look of that. Fits well with the current look of the game.Smile
17-02-2015 07:17 PM