Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2014.09.12 - Dwelvers first day on Steam
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I was curious to see how difficult it is to set this up. I found this where it looks like they have implemented it, but after you log in to Steam it doesn't redirect properly. Also someone had developed a pluggin for Steam logins here, but I think that may be what the first site I mentioned is using.

I hadn't had a lot of time to mess with this, but it sucks there's not a free version of vBulletin or XenForro forum platforms because those have Steam integration built in. I may try and load up MyBB on my site or a virtual server just to see how difficult this is to accomplish. I wonder how long it takes to get a Steam API Key.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 10:07 PM by Mello Tonin.)
15-09-2014 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hmm, did you intentionally put these two links to the same website or I'm just too tired today Huh

I checked that plugin used on Dota 2 forum is the same I mentioned in previous post, but I don't know how old is version of that plugin, so maybe it's not that bad, but if it is, maybe I'll try to write my own, unless I find any on other forum software websites. Xenforo indeed has well made integration system.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2014 10:00 PM by Sebt.)
15-09-2014 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I can talk to one of my friends who is a whiz at programming languages if we get stuck. Whoops I made a copy paste error. I fixed the second link.
15-09-2014 10:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Great. Well, I think I just install the plugin and see what will happen.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
16-09-2014 06:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply