Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Solved & Confirmed 0.8d - No access to Portal
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

0.8d - No access to Portal
My first post in Bugs/Issues & Crashes forum and... I think it's not totally a bug, but rather a game design issue. Well, it's nothing new someone from the team post here his/her report - better keep all things organised to not miss anything, sometimes because something was not on the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes or Ideas & Game Features list is being forgotten, so, I couldn't call myself the Admin if I would miss something. Smile

OK, now, the report. In video: Trapped - Dwelvers Alpha - Episode 25:

...at 4:08 you can see there's no access to Portal. Maybe setting that it must be that: at least two tiles that directs to Portal has to be diggable?

Maybe anyone else noticed the same issue with another area?
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 09:12 AM by Rasmus.)
18-09-2014 06:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
HA I knew my videos would be good for something Big Grin Thanks Sebt

As I said in that video I haven't come across that before so it could be a rare thing. I was also informed by a viewer that he had a dungeon where the Dark Mother was surrounded by unbreakable stone. Sadly I don't know for sure if it was 100% surrounding it or if he had a way to break out of it. I'll see if I can direct him here to comment

also I really should post bugs when I see them Sad
18-09-2014 11:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buickboy1972 Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Yes. That was me that experienced that. My very first round my Dark Mother was completely surrounded by the unbreakable rocks just like the portal was. I didnt think of getting a screenshot. I just reloaded a new game and tried again.
19-09-2014 06:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: No access to Portal
(18-09-2014 11:53 PM)mag0ca Wrote:  HA I knew my videos would be good for something Big Grin Thanks Sebt

As I said in that video I haven't come across that before so it could be a rare thing. I was also informed by a viewer that he had a dungeon where the Dark Mother was surrounded by unbreakable stone. Sadly I don't know for sure if it was 100% surrounding it or if he had a way to break out of it. I'll see if I can direct him here to comment

also I really should post bugs when I see them Sad

Wow, that's interesting..

(19-09-2014 06:36 AM)buickboy1972 Wrote:  Yes. That was me that experienced that. My very first round my Dark Mother was completely surrounded by the unbreakable rocks just like the portal was. I didnt think of getting a screenshot. I just reloaded a new game and tried again.

Could you write what seed were you using to experience such bad level? Undecided
Oh and welcome to our dungeons buickboy! Smile

And Mag0ca... of course your videos are usable, hope we could see them more, especially now where things has to be explained because of our outdated tutorial and temporary lack of information about game features. Wink
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 06:21 PM by Sebt.)
19-09-2014 06:18 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm, I think it is very unusual that this happens, and this will be fixed when the dungeon generation gets updated. So I will put this one in solved in the future.
22-09-2014 02:15 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Bumping this one as I don't really think this is much of an issue now even if it does occur. Since we can go to the surface then access to the portal can be accomplished through the surface world. It is really rare for a map to have this happen. I haven't seen one in quite some time.
07-11-2015 08:31 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I agree, the only thing that needs to be added in the game is to be able to take over portals from the above ground, and that will be added very soon. I would probably generate locked in portals on purpose when this feature gets added because then we could have rooms in the dungeon that only could be accessed from the surface Tongue

I set this one as solved.
09-11-2015 09:12 AM