Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Tutorial - Stuck - how to get resources?
garydwelving Offline
Dungeon Lord

Tutorial - Stuck - how to get resources?
Hello,
Trying to make beds for the bedroom - it looks like I am short of rope and maybe more.

How to I go about getting enough? Do I just start digging around randomly? If so, do I need to use the pick, shovel, or does it matter?

Also, how many beds should I be trying to make to pass this portion of the tutorial?

Thank you in advance.

-A Total Newbie
20-09-2014 06:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Hi Gary, welcome to the dungeon Smile

To get more rope you just need to mine out some roots. There should be some close by that you can quickly mine. As for how many, you only need one for now but I usually make 2-3 in the beginning of a normal game. Currently the tutorial is a bit broken (IMO) and is in need of some love, but does get you a good base for the game.

If you haven't already you may want to check out some YouTube videos on Dwelvers. Currently on this forum we have 2 recent post for LP's if you want to check out the Community creations section of the forums. Mine is more me just durping around but I think I get the basics across quite well Big Grin

Hope this helped you out Smile
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 09:31 AM by mag0ca.)
20-09-2014 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garydwelving Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Tutorial - Stuck - how to get resources?
(20-09-2014 09:30 AM)mag0ca Wrote:  Hi Gary, welcome to the dungeon Smile

To get more rope you just need to mine out some roots. There should be some close by that you can quickly mine. As for how many, you only need one for now but I usually make 2-3 in the beginning of a normal game. Currently the tutorial is a bit broken (IMO) and is in need of some love, but does get you a good base for the game.

If you haven't already you may want to check out some YouTube videos on Dwelvers. Currently on this forum we have 2 recent post for LP's if you want to check out the Community creations section of the forums. Mine is more me just durping around but I think I get the basics across quite well Big Grin

Hope this helped you out Smile

Thank you Mag,

I would not have guessed that roots turn into rope - is there a list of other materials like this, where a mined item yields a different material?

I'll check out the youtube videos and - thank you again!

Gary
20-09-2014 01:49 PM
mag0ca Offline
Game Vlogger

RE:
Ya it's a bit strange that roots = wood + rope but there we have it Tongue

as for a list I'm not sure so far all I can think of that is strange is the rope from roots. other items are a little more sane (like coal from coal, leather from mobs)

Glad to help Big Grin
20-09-2014 03:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garydwelving Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Thanks again Mag0ca.

Can I squeeze in a couple more newbie questions?

1) How do you cancel construction? (example, you have two tables waiting to be built, cancel one).
2) After digging down, how do you fill in the hole if needed?
3) How deep can you dig down? How do you get your guys out if they get stuck too deep down?

Thanks!
21-09-2014 03:28 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Welcome to our dungeons garydwelving. Smile
I'll try to answer you as much precisely as I can:

1) Click on "$" (sell) icon and then click on "blueprint" of unfinished construction to "cancel" building it.
2) Click on Construction button (icon with gear wheel) and find a Rock Wall. Click on it and fill any hole you want with the rock block up.
3) Map properties are 100x100x10, so you can dig up to 9 levels down, at the bottom end there's a wall you can't dig out, so no worries of feeling down or something like that. Smile If you went too far with diging vertically just put Rock Wall like on point 2) one by one to get out your minion(s).
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 07:31 PM by Sebt.)
21-09-2014 07:02 PM
garydwelving Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Tutorial - Stuck - how to get resources?
(21-09-2014 07:02 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Welcome to our dungeons garydwelving. Smile
I'll try to answer you as much precisely as I can:

1) Click on "$" (sell) icon and then click on "blueprint" of unfinished construction to "cancel" building it.
2) Click on Construction button (icon with gear wheel) and find a Rock Wall. Cklick it and fill any hole you want with rock block up.
3) Map properties are 100x100x10, so you can dig up to 9 levels down, at the bottom end there's a wall you can't dig out, so no worries of feeling down or something like that. Smile If you went to far with diging vertically just put Rock Wall like on point 2) one by one to get out your minion(s).

Awesome! Thanks a bunch Sebt! That helps a lot.
21-09-2014 07:10 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
You're welcome. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
21-09-2014 07:31 PM