Feedback/Modification Environment Mechanic - Edge of the map as cliffs and falling waters
So to have Dwelvers looking less then Dungeon Keeper and get rid of ugly bedrock as edge of the map I would like to propose replacing them with, impassable high cliffs and waterfall like you can see on images 1. for underworld and 2. for surface world.

What's more make that you could sometimes see the other side of the cliffs like on Pic. 3.

[Image: 522648_4d8a34f6d609c6b5a6ee227e07253b74_large.jpg]
Pic. 1. Map edge for Underworld.

[Image: edge_of_world_Wallpaper_pfhkn.jpg]
Pic. 2. Map edge for Surface World (of course instead of stars there could be a deep white fog and rainbows...).

[Image: journey_wideweb__430x296,0.jpg]
Pic. 3. Map edge - other side of the map edge you cannot go to, even flying units can't.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Either that or build the bedrock upwards so that it don't get such a sharp end?
Heh, we see always the border as sharp end, but map doesn't need to always end with super straight lined edge, so here you can have some variations, so instead of map ending with ------ bedrock, you could see --...'''...——-... ... if you dog to the bottom layer, so it's a variously shaped landscape like on Pic.2.

What's more on the edge to not see black nothing you could implement below edge a mist/fog/haze/hell pit, etc. For example that's how surface world corner could look like, but instead of white clouds there could be something more underground-ish:
[Image: 960204-bigthumbnail.jpg]
Furthermore imagine a world at the heaven - that would be really strange, the most candy human world located in super high place in the world looking like heaven paradise... OK, coming back to the ground.

Sometimes on the other side of edges would be more rocks like the map is bigger, but you can't reach that and further land there. So player wouldn't even feel it's a sharp end, especially in possession mode he could see like it is something more there, but unreachable unfortunately.

To imagine look at the picture below. You're to the left staring at the map edge, where you can see a small peak hat grows from mist and a piece of land on the other side:
[Image: clouds-landscapes_00364158.jpg]

EDIT: To compare both map edging here's super quick picture of how would it look like from bird eye view (grey border is bedrock edge):
[Image: 2ch9u6u.jpg]
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I love this idea.

One reference could be demogod:

https://store.stardock.com/images/produc...7.full.jpg
(22-09-2014, 09:22 PM)burningpet Wrote: I love this idea.

One reference could be demogod:

[Image: cell.logo.demigod.ss7.full.jpg]

Yea, that is cool!
So actually having no physical borders even allow creators to built map as islands or whatever you can think of big alone continent/island-like area. Not only that because there could be unlimited various ideas for how could edges look like, what could we see down there or behind if they're just like bottomless canyons, so have other side which potentially could be passable, but won't due to really be the end of the world/map.