Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Livestream Newb Laerning
deafmints Offline
Dungeon Lord

Newb Laerning
Hi guys! I've just done a livestream of a new Dwelvers map/level and i have no idea if i did it properly or well. I do have problems getting stuff organised and i have no idea what the imps sweating things mean! Hopefully you can help me learn more!

http://www.twitch.tv/deafmints/c/5475451

Here's the livestream record.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 05:29 PM by Sebt.)
11-11-2014 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
deafmints Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Also for some reason, seems like the post doubled itself? Can a admin delete one of the other posts?
11-11-2014 10:49 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Newb Laerning
(11-11-2014 10:49 AM)deafmints Wrote:  Also for some reason, seems like the post doubled itself? Can a admin delete one of the other posts?

Done. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
11-11-2014 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I wouldn't mind taking a look when I have some time. Is there any time stamp in particular where you feel like you're starting to run into issues? I noticed it is nearly 1.5 hours and unfortunately I don't have time to watch the full video.
11-11-2014 11:04 PM
deafmints Offline
Dungeon Lord

(11-11-2014 11:04 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I wouldn't mind taking a look when I have some time. Is there any time stamp in particular where you feel like you're starting to run into issues? I noticed it is nearly 1.5 hours and unfortunately I don't have time to watch the full video.

Ok. I'll list what are some of the problems i have.
1. I keep seeing some Imps sweating over some of the banners sometimes. What does it mean and how could i fix it?

2. I'm pretty bad at room organisation and is there a currently recommended way to build the rooms?

3. For some reason i keep getting production problems with either bakery or farm sometimes. Even thought my farm was 5x3 and i had 2 wells in the room with it!

4. I'm confused with whats the room linkage does at the moment.

5. How do i get fishermen/impmanzee's? I've made a prison for them but all i can do is feed them to the dark mother?

6. IF i run out of stoone is the recommended way to get more is to mine everytthing and how does the Mine wooden thing work?

I believe those are everything that i'm having trouble with at the moment.
11-11-2014 11:35 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Many of those are pretty easy to answer, so going down the line:

1. This just means that room's production is really high and there aren't enough workers assigned to carry the load. It used to be that we could manually adjust the assignments, but now it's all automatic so there's not much you can do to fix it. The only option you have is that if it's a matter of the room can't meet the demand and it's continually showing the sweating Imp notification, try increasing the size of the room and add more production objects like adding a baking table or brewing vat.

2. There's not really a 'recommended' room size or location considering most rooms will be central to your dungeon at the moment. I briefly watched the start of your video, and I see you are marking off 5x5 areas for rooms. That's a pretty good way to start, and typically when I use that method I only use 3x3 of the 5x5 space for the room and expand as needed. All my production rooms are generally centered around the DM just to be adjacent to storage.

3. This is very frequently a pathing issue. Even with a 5x3 farm, you really only need 1 well for that space. I have had as large as a 7x5 farm supplied by a single well. As far as your bakery, it could be that you are low on wood since wood is a pretty well used item in the game for pretty much everything. Also when considering production problems, sometimes the game will warn you about them when the problem isn't that significant because you're still producing enough for your creatures. What I generally do is monitor certain resources like fish, bread, and beer by clicking the resource in the item menu then clicking on the resource bar to replace the current resource being tracked. As long as production is positive and I'm not seeing a big reduction in resource, I don't worry about it. Also, and this is a known issue, when you run the game at high speed, job assignments don't work well and you will get production issues.

4. Room linking is really just for specifying which storage room you want a production room to take from. For instance, you may want to segment your food storage from your construction/crafting storage. In this instance you would likely use 2 storage rooms where you have marked the needed resources as 'store here' by clicking on the resources so that the green arrows appear on it. So for your food storage, you would select antroot, flour, bread, and beer. You would then link your farm, cookery, and bar to that storage room. This mechanic still needs some work because of wood being a resource that is universal so you wouldn't want to mark it as stored only in the food storage room because you will run into production problems in your crafting. Also you don't want to mark wood as stored specifically in both storage rooms because you will get this endless loop of Imps trying to store wood in one location, then move it to the other location, then move it back over and over.
Right now I only use storage rooms when I'm digging out areas far from the DM for performance reasons. I then remove the storage room once all resources in the area are collected and have been transferred to the DM.

5. You are going in the right direction here. Once you have them in prison, feed each once to the DM and then make sure you have claimed the Impanzee areas (don't sell them) which will boost your Impanzee production, and for Fishmen after you've fed one, build bridges.

6. Stone drops from digging out earth, just dig out more and don't forget to dig down. The mines can be placed on top of any resource. Over time they generate resources which your Imps will gather when the timer is up. Over time the mine will disintegrate, but you get more resources this way. It takes longer to get them though.

Phew* That's a lot to read and hopefully you find this helpful. Just let me know if anything here isn't clear, or you have other questions.
12-11-2014 03:52 PM
deafmints Offline
Dungeon Lord

Thanks Mello! I'll take those into advisement and i might have to try recording it for youtube next time so its shorter!
12-11-2014 11:37 PM