Feedback/Modification Mix - A few small suggestions!
- Having max 3 dwarfs fight a monkey at the time. This makes it so that the rest of the dwars fight other monkeys. This can give bigger battles because all fights are spread. This can go for any unit btw/

- Making it so that a prison has only 1 door, instead of 2 or more.

- Torches can be build in doors, this shouldnt be since they overlap.

- When having 10+ dwars and crossing the bar area gives an explosion of sound. Maybe reduce the dwarf sound so it isnt so overwhelming.

- At this point cannons can only face 1 way, maybe its an idea to make them follow enemies. This makes it so that cannons can be placed anywhere to be effective. (D2 has this system)
I love lists of suggestions! But if they're connected to each other and comes to one mechanism/creature etc. Tongue

I really like that You help Rasmus so much, but I don't know it is enough to understand for us what are You really would like to see, or if is, how we could implement Your ideas, how they would look like, how they behave in various situations, examples?
If You describe any Your ideas in details You have more chance that Your ideas will be added and the same as You thought they should look.

Some of them seems like a solutions, but for issues/bugs, could You post them in correct category? Wink
All we need is everything in topics named '(read before posting)' and there are instructions. So next time I will delete any list on the forum and will ask for make separate threads for each ideas (don't push me to give warns). That will really much help us!
Thanks for cooperate. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
- I will have the Dwarfs fight in a different way in the 0.6 version, right now it is just implemented in the simplest way possible to get a good start. I will have it so that the Dwarfs can see where it is crowded and take other routes so that they all don't go straight on the enemies.

- Not sure about the prison yet, I will have to get it functioning before I can take that decision Tongue

- I will add the torches / door intersection to the bugs / issues topic, but it will not be fixed until the 0.6 version.

- I have noticed the Dwarfs extreme chattering, but will not be fixed until the 0.6 version. Added to list..

- I want the cannons to face one way, because they will only shoot when a pressure pad gets pressed down, and therefore it is up to the player to have the cannon facing in the right direction.. Later on I will have more traps that will make it easier for the player to kill of enemies. Btw, have you tried the dynamite? Just have a narrow corridor with pressure pads along it and dynamites next to the pressure pads, no enemy can get passed that Wink

EDIT: Yeah, and I agree with Sebt, it will be easier for us to go back to the topics and discuss them when there is only one topic per topic so to say Smile
I dont always have ideas how i want things to look or how to behave in certain situations. Rasmus seems to have enough inspiration and talent to fill in the blanks that i, or other people, might leave.

I do understand the seperate thread thing. But having more than 3 suggestions and having to make a new thread for every 1, can be a bit time consuming. I prefer playing the game and throwing the things i come up with out on the forum. Ill try and make seperate threads!

Also, good point on the cannons. Havent tried dynamite yet since i didnt know how to use properly Smile
(07-10-2013, 02:17 PM)Anakha Wrote: I dont always have ideas how i want things to look or how to behave in certain situations. Rasmus seems to have enough inspiration and talent to fill in the blanks that i, or other people, might leave.

I do understand the seperate thread thing. But having more than 3 suggestions and having to make a new thread for every 1, can be a bit time consuming. I prefer playing the game and throwing the things i come up with out on the forum. Ill try and make seperate threads!

Also, good point on the cannons. Havent tried dynamite yet since i didnt know how to use properly Smile

That's a point - if You will do something well described Rasmus wouldn't think about the rest You haven't tell him. It takes too much time and if really takes so much (instead of doing something important like solving problem with crash You've posted) the idea would be probably thrown to trash bin or forgotten etc. So yes having to make a new thread for every new suggestion is very very helpfull and has the highest chance to exist, so please follow the rules. They're not for nothing. Wink
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy