Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Salutations, everyone.
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

Salutations, everyone.
Let me start by saying. I love this game.

I know, it's a trivial thing to state, upfront and outright. Honestly, makes me feel a bit like a suck up doing so. But it's true, none the less. I was a little skeptical buying it at first, as I have been following the War for the Overworld since before it was it's own thing and was just a bunch of people who wanted to make dungeon keeper 3. And, being poor, I really can't just throw money at things, so, I wanted to save bank for that. However, your demo sucked me in and kept me interested, and left me wanting more every time (Which reminds me, good on ya' for having a demo, by the way, it's sad that such things seem to be a dying practice). I don't regret choosing this one, as it stands.

Now, back on point. I love this game. Or, rather, I love the potential I see in this game. Workers are a little broken right now, but I'm confident they'll be fixed. And there's just a lot of places this game can go. I look forward to seeing this creature grow into something with larger horns, and even larger teeth.

Now, given that bit of puckering up is done, let me introduce myself. I'm Frog, yo. I'm an 'artist', which I try to say with the least pretentious undertones I can manage. And proceed to expand upon it by listing I'm the drawing sort. I'm Dungeon Keeper fan, like a lot of people here, I'm sure. And just a lover of video games in general. So, pleasure to meet all you common denizens of dark places. Let's get this dungeon party started.
20-11-2014 04:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Welcome to our dungeons KhaosFrog, thanks for support especially that you choose Early Access game instead of any full game when having limited resources. Smile

Dwelvers, and WFTO are often called (spiritual) successors to Dungeon Keeper (which I'm huge fan too), however the final gameplay and game appearance will in both cases look quire different, well I think we just have to deal with it. Wink
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
20-11-2014 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Glad to have ya Frog! Can't say that I'm an artist myself, but I dabble. One thing I've thought about doing is putting together a bunch of concept sketches for potential creatures to be added that fit the hybridized model we have talked about on here before. Right now it's a mix of traditional (Imps, Orcs, & Piggeh - not really a hybrid) and hybridized characters like Fishman - kind of a hybrid but barely, Impanzee, and the bad ass Cyclotaur. One thing I was thinking of recently was the American mythological creature the Jackalope. A mix of Antelope and Jack Rabbit would make an awesome spell caster I think. Can't wait to see some things you may come up with, and again welcome to the group.
21-11-2014 04:53 PM
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE: Salutations, everyone.
Well, let me start by saying. I don't really want Dungeon Keeper again. I mean, I sort of do, I'd love to see my favorite boys the bile demons sloshing their legless fat bodies across a a dingy, blood saturated dungeon floor with new and shiny graphics in a game that builds upon the core of DK rather than say.. a phone tower defense game or a Chinese Ma-MOR-PaGa that mimics WoW and have minor Dungeon Keeper elements in it.

But I don't really want, or expect Dwelvers to be Dungeon Keeper. I mean, I feel the inspirational tidbits of DK in there, but I can already feel the difference, and honestly, I see a hell of a lot more potential than a game that just repeats or mimics another.

Though I wouldn't mind you mimicking the imp smacking. I don't think I've ever wanted to smack an imp in DK quite a bad as I have in Dwelvers. Seriously, you should do it for the imps sake. Because when that fiery pit of death room is added, it's <i>on</i>. Big Grin

(21-11-2014 04:53 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Glad to have ya Frog! Can't say that I'm an artist myself, but I dabble. One thing I've thought about doing is putting together a bunch of concept sketches for potential creatures to be added that fit the hybridized model we have talked about on here before. Right now it's a mix of traditional (Imps, Orcs, & Piggeh - not really a hybrid) and hybridized characters like Fishman - kind of a hybrid but barely, Impanzee, and the bad ass Cyclotaur. One thing I was thinking of recently was the American mythological creature the Jackalope. A mix of Antelope and Jack Rabbit would make an awesome spell caster I think. Can't wait to see some things you may come up with, and again welcome to the group.

Well, that sounds interesting. Though, isn't the theme so far leaning toward hybrids being more unique, yet still familiar? I mean, the Cyclotaur is a good example. We know what a Cyclops is, and what a Minotaur is, so a Cyclotaur isn't to foreign when we see it; but is still very much it's own thing.

Maybe alter your Jackalope idea a tad? Jackaelk maybe? Eurasin Elks (moose) have some pretty identifiable horns. Just something close enough to a Jackalope, so people see and understand Jackolope, but not quite a Jackolope. Jackabuck. Um..Jackopotamus? Okay, maybe that's a little off kilter XD (though a Jacopotomus actually sounds pretty cool.)

But at the same time, a Jackolope is rare enough that it might be good to keep it as is. I don't think there's ever been a game with one in it. Maybe, because of that rarity, keeping it as is would bee pretty cool.

Hm, also, we really need to make a hybrid with a hippopotamus.. Something really nasty that hides in the ponds to terrorize poor players and their fishmen. Maybe a Crocopotamus (Crocodyle + Hippo)? Or.. Caimapotamus (Caiman + Hippo) ? That would be legendary! Yeah, but maybe not so much a replacement for the Crocodyte, As the roles seem to differ. Or maybe a Sharpotamous? Sharkodyle?

Okay, I need to stop rambling, you got my brain working in all kinds of weird places now...

Hm.. So, whats the list like so far, Mello?
22-11-2014 04:40 AM
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

.. Jackopotomus is still pretty bad ass, though...
22-11-2014 04:41 AM
Mataran Offline
Dungeon Lord

(22-11-2014 04:41 AM)KhaosFrog Wrote:  .. Jackopotomus is still pretty bad ass, though...

Lol
22-11-2014 02:51 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
The list is yet to be put together. It would be cool to have some time to work more on ideas and what not for this game, but I have found myself swamped in my day-job a lot here recently. Just like I say about most things these days, 'I'll get around to it'.
26-11-2014 01:17 AM
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

(26-11-2014 01:17 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  The list is yet to be put together. It would be cool to have some time to work more on ideas and what not for this game, but I have found myself swamped in my day-job a lot here recently. Just like I say about most things these days, 'I'll get around to it'.

Yeah, jobs have a way of sucking the life out of you. 'Lucky' for me, work hasn't been busy, and they're always worried about labor. So, I can take an hour and a half off in the middle of my shift to drawn and brainstorm.

Hm, maybe I should scan and post some of those crappy lady of pain sketchs I've been working on. I think people might like the way I draw bewbs more than lizard hippos.

Oh, and no rush on the list, but I wouldn't mind taking a look, when you have it fleshed out to a point you feel like your up for sharing.
26-11-2014 06:04 AM