My New Idea Environment Mechanic - Filling water with dirt
• Filling water with dirt •

Info
One of the things I liked in the earlier versions of the game was the ability to dig out the land for water. I was trying to find the screenshots I took with some water features I built around my dungeon, but I guess they are no longer on here after the forum upgrade. The link is there, just won't display.

Anywho, it would be nice to be able to do this again. Not sure why it was removed, but it could be a great way to add another layer of protection to your dungeon against creatures who don't travel through water or could become slowed by it.

Appearance
Filling the water like you can do in Minecraft.

Stats
Highlight: Role in the game, short description in ONE sentence.
Function: As there are some spots where water is generated in a single tile space, it would be nice to be able to also fill in water with dirt. Obviously certain water tiles would need to be marked as permanent so you didn't disrupt fish populations or other water dwellers. Also you wouldn't be able to just fill in random water tiles like say out in the middle of an expanse of water. You would need to work from the outside edges.

This could be accomplished with an addition of two buttons to the Constructions menu, one for fill and the other for dig.

Added to Ideas & Game Features list. ^^
~Sebt
Yeah, I remember those screenshots, they were great Big Grin
I removed it because it was to easy to just dig out the water and the possibility for filling it up again wasn't there.. I will add it later again, probably in the next version, I have been having some ideas that if the player let in water to the farm, the imps don't have to water the seed. Something else I would like is so that water always need to come from a source, these sources are the water that gets generated from start in the dungeon. So the player should be able to dig out the ground without having water in it, but if the player digs next to the water the holes will fill up with water, and if he closes it again so that the "holes" ain't connected to the water source, they will dry out.. This could be a really cool thing if the hydraulics could control if water are allowed to pass by. Moats could be created on command when a creature steps on a pressure pad for example Smile
(08-10-2013, 02:30 AM)Rasmus Wrote: Yeah, I remember those screenshots, they were great Big Grin

Thanks!

(08-10-2013, 02:30 AM)Rasmus Wrote: I have been having some ideas that if the player let in water to the farm, the imps don't have to water the seed...player should be able to dig out the ground without having water in it, but if the player digs next to the water the holes will fill up with water...

I hadn't thought about this, but I think that would be a cool idea. Especially being able to control if water fills those spots or not. Digging out the ground where there was no water could be a good way to keep Imps from moving out too far claiming tiles if the dug out ground couldn't be claimed until filled in.
That is a good idea, but I would like to have a more obvious tool for keeping the imps from claiming paths to far away.. Right now I'm thinking something like with the flag, that it should be possible to add and remove road barriers maybe..

But I will reinsert the possibility to lead water from a source Smile