Pass:     
Help Register

Updates from the middle east
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Updates from the middle east
I hope you all had a very pleasant New Year Smile

Yesterday me and a friend of mine took a flight to Israel to visit Ben (BurningPet), I was going to post some news about this yesterday, but we have no internet connection at the apartment we are living in unfortunately. So right now I am sitting at a coffee shop typing away at my laptop, with my friend hanging over me and looking bored Tongue

While here me and Ben are discussing the next features that is going to be introduced in Dwelvers, and there are a lot of talk about the surface world. We want the player to be able to raid human villages at the surface, but for every action against the humans there will also be a reaction, the humans will defend themselves and retaliate. So the player will still have to do this with caution so that he don't have a army of knights knocking at his door.

I have been able to solve some of the bugs, but I was hoping to get them all solved before I left, unfortunately the holidays took a lot of my time, and now I am in Israel with a bad internet connection not being able to work as much as I want too. I will be back at work Friday the 9:th, until then I will try to keep you all updated with the what work I am able to do. Ben and I will probably be able to take an evening looking things through and discussing what the most important thing too focus on next.

See you all very soon, I will try too keep you all updated and maybe post some photos of the sites we are visiting Smile

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/10884457_10152648789162123_352681492_n.jpg[/IMG]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 01:13 PM by Rasmus.)
03-01-2015 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
A change of scenery is always a good idea from time to time. Looks like some good eats too. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
03-01-2015 06:46 PM
Mecharic Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Looks like you had fun Smile
03-01-2015 09:18 PM
ShadowTiger Offline
2 Horsepower

RE:
I would love to hear about your experiences in Israel. When I was there, it was probably the single greatest experience of my life. Hands down, bar none. How's the food? The weather? The village/city life? The shopping? The prices? Make sure that you try Shakshuka.

Quote:While here me and Ben are discussing the next features that is going to be introduced in Dwelvers, and there are a lot of talk about the surface world. We want the player to be able to raid human villages at the surface, but for every action against the humans there will also be a reaction, the humans will defend themselves and retaliate. So the player will still have to do this with caution so that he don't have a army of knights knocking at his door.
Will we always have to be enemies with the humans? I can't help but wonder what would happen if we actually had really good relations with them. Wouldn't that be amazing? It reminds me a little bit of how in Starcraft, if you could take control of an enemy SCV, Drone, or Probe, you could build their entire tech tree. If you could ally with the humans, imagine what sort of amazing civilization you could come up with together.

I'm probably playing it wrong at that point.
"Go, go, Potato!" ~Mello Tonin
04-01-2015 05:46 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
@Mello: Yeah it is definitely a relaxing change Smile But I have too admit it is itching in my fingers Tongue

@Mecharic: Yeah, it have been a lot of fun. Getting to know Ben that I work with regularly on a more personal level than skype has definitly been rewarding.

Today we traveled to Tel Aviv, unfortunately it is raining. But we solved it with a shopping spree. Well, actually my friend was shopping and I was carrying around her shopping bags, it is hard being a gentleman Tongue Tomorrow we will travel to Jerusalem, so hopefully we will get too see a lot culture, we will only stay for one day, so it will have to be a speed-run unfortunately.

So this is me looking at my hand for some reason somewhere outside Haifa:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/OutsideHaifa.jpg[/IMG]

And this the Azrieli Center in Tel Aviv:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/TelAvivAzrieliCenter.jpg[/IMG]
04-01-2015 05:46 PM
burningpet Offline
Game & Graphics Designer
Dwelvers Game Designers

RE: Updates from the middle east
(04-01-2015 05:46 PM)ShadowTiger Wrote:  I would love to hear about your experiences in Israel. When I was there, it was probably the single greatest experience of my life. Hands down, bar none. How's the food? The weather? The village/city life? The shopping? The prices? Make sure that you try Shakshuka.

Heh, you should have seen rasmus getting his first israeli breakfast Big Grin
"all of this for me?!"

He was reluctant to order a shakshuka but i ordered one for myself so he could try it out. unfortunately, it was a rather badly made one Sad

And Rasmus, this is you at Acre (Akko) walls Smile
04-01-2015 06:00 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Caption for Rasmus at Akko Walls:

Hand: "I'm itching to get back to writing code." Rasmus: "Hush, I'm on vacation."

I know what you mean man. Tomorrow it is get back to the normal work routine. I've been off for a couple weeks now, but I'm ready to get back to it.

And now, I'm hungry; thanks ShadowTiger. I read through that recipe and now I have to make it. It looks like it would be something really simple to make for dinner which I'm trying to get more in the habit of cooking instead of going out. I know you're here a lot reading, but it's good to hear from ya.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 06:49 PM by Mello Tonin.)
04-01-2015 06:48 PM
Kristian Offline
Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Looks like you're having a good time. Cool
04-01-2015 10:19 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

Life is a travel right? Traveling to other countries is much better then traveling through code lines. Big Grin

(04-01-2015 05:46 PM)ShadowTiger Wrote:  Will we always have to be enemies with the humans? I can't help but wonder what would happen if we actually had really good relations with them. Wouldn't that be amazing? It reminds me a little bit of how in Starcraft, if you could take control of an enemy SCV, Drone, or Probe, you could build their entire tech tree. If you could ally with the humans, imagine what sort of amazing civilization you could come up with together.

I think we could be ally to anyone who would help us spreading horrors around underworld and surface world. We could always betray our ally if not needed anymore, right? Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
05-01-2015 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Today we visited the western wall in Jerusalem. It was definitively an interesting experience, many people lives such a different life than I do in Sweden. I love making journeys like this because it opens the mind to understanding alternative lifestyles and why they are on the path they are on.

Not saying that I understand it fully, but still interesting Tongue

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/WesternWall.jpg[/IMG]
05-01-2015 06:22 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Know what you mean there. The only way to fully understand is to have lived that life. Is that artillery damage to the wall there? If you look closely you can see a face.
06-01-2015 01:19 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
And now we are back in Tel Aviv. It is a little windy as you all can see Tongue

[Image: vgdcBC.jpg]
07-01-2015 06:35 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
What a view! It looks like coral rock there. I wonder if it was moved there, or that spot was under water at one time in the past.
07-01-2015 08:37 PM