Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

New Feature! Environment Idea - First look at the lava
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
In Terraria, when water and Lava meet, it forms Ebony. Which is a rareish mineral. It makes it so players actually engineer pumps and alike to force lava and water to touch to farm the mineral. Not sure it would work here, with the way that water and lava is produced, but just a random observation.
27-01-2015 08:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kristian Offline
Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: Environment Idea - First look at the lava
Rasmus has been up all night working and is a bit tired so I'm helping out posting a couple of new lava screenshots. Smile

The first one shows creatures swimming in the lava trying to get out.

[Image: SNdEFzA.png]

The second image shows an orc burning after he got out of the lava.

[Image: VRqlgnQ.png]
28-01-2015 05:11 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE:
Go Hampus go! This is gonna be so fun! I hope the issue related to placing dirt in water is fixed before or when this comes out because I miss not being able to play well with water, and I can see some really cool design options here. Any idea if there will be a way to also manipulate lava flows in a similar way? Obviously having an Imp hand scoop lava wouldn't work, but maybe if they had some kind of scoop...
28-01-2015 06:30 PM
MushyroomMan Offline
The Mushroom Man

Looks fantastic good work. stupid Durgash why you no try swim.

maybe if your creatures arnt happy they throw imps into lava and make them swim out Smile
[Image: 5.jpg]
28-01-2015 08:57 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
The drop dirt issue will be solved with the next release Wink
I have been thinking the same too, how will the imps pick up the lava? Perhaps I could just use the same system as the water but have the lava container made a bit differently. Like in a metal bucket. I am not that pleased about the way the water block looks atm, I may put that one in a metal bucket as well Smile
28-01-2015 10:31 PM
Tamorr Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
now those new pics are more pleasing. Not as bright or well blinding to the eye. The color mix looks a lot better.

I don't know if to feel bad for the imp or the orc...O_o (the swimming in lava pic)

Well if you do use buckets for transport could be cast iron buckets splint on a pole for the lava (Like caring two buckets; one to either end of a pole to create balance for the imp) and wooden buckets braced with iron for water. Figured I would at least give an idea if buckets were to be used. Smile
29-01-2015 03:56 AM
MushyroomMan Offline
The Mushroom Man

if the imps are going to carry a metal buck with lava in it can they put on ovenmits as a part of the animation and while carrying it they keep hem on nice little touch so the imps dont burn there hands they need them working right so they can work harder Smile Big Grin Smile Big Grin Smile
[Image: 5.jpg]
29-01-2015 04:06 AM
Kristian Offline
Evil Admin
Evil Admins

More lava pics. This time with bridges.

A wooden bridge wouldn't work that well on lava as you can see from the pic below...
[Image: SgM1ZPr.png]

But a stone bridge would!
[Image: mjnJ6B6.png]
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 07:46 PM by Kristian.)
30-01-2015 07:45 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE:
Stone bridge looks nice! Glad to see it won't be floaters like the wooden bridge. I still don't dig the water overflowing the wooden ones with the whole floating aspect especially since it looks like it has wooden posts that extend into the water, but that's just my opinion.
30-01-2015 08:01 PM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

(28-01-2015 10:31 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  The drop dirt issue will be solved with the next release Wink
I have been thinking the same too, how will the imps pick up the lava? Perhaps I could just use the same system as the water but have the lava container made a bit differently. Like in a metal bucket. I am not that pleased about the way the water block looks atm, I may put that one in a metal bucket as well Smile

Well maybe you would like to look at already existing idea for this here: Magma Pots & Stone Bridge Magma Lift ? Tongue

Oh and I wonder Rasmus if you maybe thought with Ben to make some fireballs, magma bombs striking from magma fields (like in DK 1) like here (which could serve as hard-to-get material):

[Image: foot-long_lava-bomb.jpg]

or any other effects like burning on edges magma like here?

[Image: stock-footage-timelapse-at-night-ocean-e...n-lava.jpg]

[Image: kamchatka-volcano-lava-magma.jpg]
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 10:19 PM by Sebt.)
30-01-2015 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Davgoblin Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
Lava is starting to look really sharp. Love the stone bridges.
02-02-2015 09:56 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Thank you KhaosFrog Smile

@Sebt: Yeah sure, spells like fireballs and such will be implemented in the future Smile
07-02-2015 06:55 AM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

RE:
I asked not about spells, but live magma effects. Big Grin

See those light little fireballs here, jumping terribly from magma?
[Image: 330?cb=20140124205333]
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2015 02:06 PM by Sebt.)
07-02-2015 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE:
I don't know about fireballs like in DK or many games that have lava. It would seem more realistic if it was more like bubbles on the lava where trapped gas rises up through to cause disturbances on the surface almost the way mudpots do.
08-02-2015 08:57 PM
Sebt Offline
An upcoming creature?
Evil Admins

(08-02-2015 08:57 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I don't know about fireballs like in DK or many games that have lava. It would seem more realistic if it was more like bubbles on the lava where trapped gas rises up through to cause disturbances on the surface almost the way mudpots do.

Sort of what I tried to show in my previous, previous post? Yea, that would be fine with me. Actually when I think about that Dwelvers is in 3D, fireballs could not fit much the theme...
I really see magma as living beast, calm, but when you dig out to it that should tell you it's dangerous, maybe some threatening sounds of floating magma and hissing gas could be added to it too to enchant it's mystery and power like here or here.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 02:39 PM by Sebt.)
09-02-2015 02:12 PM