Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

War for the Overworld - After 5 years of developing it's finally out
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

War for the Overworld - After 5 years of developing it's finally out
Many of us probably want to see a continuation of Dungeon Keeper (and even think Dwelvers took a little from this series too), but also think we won't see it soon or maybe never in the future.

Then suddenly, 5 years ago a group of DK fans from Keeper Klan decided to make a fan remake of DK, but in the end EA didn't allow them to use DK intellectual property so they decided to make a new game that will only be a Dungeon Keeper spiritual successor and... they did it and it was very successful.

Here's the Launch Trailer, hope you like it. Smile

What other game that wasn't continued got such successful fan remake?
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 04:34 PM by Sebt.)
02-04-2015 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Oh boy, only 5.5 hrs to go. I'm curious to how this turned out. I didn't really much follow or enjoy what little I played with it in the Beta, but now that it's done I bet it's going to be well worth the wait. Fortunately I missed out on the Kickstarter or I may not have ended up finding this game like I did. Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.
02-04-2015 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dietrich Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: War for the Overworld - After 5 years of developing it's finally out
A lot of bugs. Not interested. The interface is terrible. Translated using Google Sad
Dungeons 2 .
http://www.twitch.tv/kalypsomedia/c/6354321
Have Bought. Waiting for April 24 ..)
03-04-2015 03:56 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
It sounds at least they are working hard to fix them. Several patches so far, but I'm not satisfied as of yet. Maybe there was pressure to release it too early, but I'm not sure since I haven't really followed the development closely. I guess I'll have to be patient and return to it a bit later.
03-04-2015 06:06 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
This is why I always say - fix bugs first, all of them then you can add anything new you want. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
03-04-2015 06:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shadow of the Impanzee Offline
Lunatic in Madman's clothing

RE:
As far as I know [not actually being one of the Dev team], it was lack of funds that made them release it this soon.

I could easily be wrong, though.
The time of Titans is over... now, the throne of the World is ours for the taking... and I intend to be the next one to look out over the mountains and oceans from that crystalline perch. Stand with me, and a million times a million souls will know you as one of the Great Lords and Ladies of ancient legend... or stand against me, and be left as little more than a smear of ash amidst the dust of history...
05-04-2015 12:23 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Well I've spent a few more hours at running through the campaign, and I'm really starting to dislike this game. It's greatly missing the S in RTS, and the maps are far too small to give me that feeling of exploration I got out of DK. Walls seem to be completely useless as they really just take up space that is desperately needed for rooms, and enemies plow through them with ease. For some reason they are hell bent and determined to strike at the core instead of attacking rooms at all...strange.

Managed to make it to level 5 in the campaign, and it is relentless. There are 7 portals that wave after wave after wave after...I could go on, but ultimately I spent all my time rallying forward to take these out as it leaves no time to build a defense, and again the walls are paper so traps are pointless. I had to split off my Beasts to sit guard at the core while main forces thinned out the waves. I took out 5 of the 7 before my troops were just to pooped to continue. There was literally zero time between waves to eat, sleep, or get paid.

To lay it all out there, this game seems like it should still be in Beta.
05-04-2015 07:14 PM