Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Brainstorm Creature Mechanic - Why can't we pick up/drop minions and objects?
Keeper Asmodeus Offline
Imp

Creature Mechanic - Why can't we pick up/drop minions and objects?
Hey guys.

Not sure if this has been raised before, but as an avid fan of the DK series, i am curious.

What was the reasoning for the departure from the the good old "pick em' up and drop em' down" mechanic?

[Image: dungeon_keeper-271173-1249897585.jpeg]

With that now removed, i cant help but feel more passively involved in the combat etc.

Is this something that was given much consideration? Would be great to hear back! Big Grin

Cheers.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 06:38 PM by Sebt.)
24-05-2015 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Welcome to our dungeons Keeper Asmodeus. Smile

This topic was already discussed few times. Have you tried to find the answer via search bar?

What I found for example is this reason why in Dwelvers you can't pick up and drop your minions or objects: http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=518 where Rasmus said "I don't want it to be too easy for the player to just drop creatures here and there and make them defend the dungeon."

I agree with this statement, in DK games it was far too easy to win with such function, you could quickly claim enemy's tiles then drop entire army for example, avoiding every possible traps your enemy could leave behind you - then for what your opponent put so much effort to place them all right?. Wink

That's why in Dwelvers Rally Flag is the key feature which you can control your minions movement instead.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2015 06:17 PM by Sebt.)
24-05-2015 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tom Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Creature Mechanic - Why can't we pick up/drop minions and objects?
that's fine, but i still want to slap them around. maybe it will make imps run to mother instead of claiming floors as they are being attacked.
31-05-2015 04:05 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE:
I don't think you're alone here, and this comes up from time to time. I would love to smack those lil bastards around too, but I'm not gonna be overly disappointed if that feature never makes it into the game. We have talked about maybe having other creatures or the DM occasionally prank Imps so they get the degradation they deserve, or perhaps once other things are developed along evil is good mantra there will be other ways we can make these guys suffer.
31-05-2015 05:04 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Yeahz why not only to slap Imps? We can use whole arsenal of pranks to teach insubordinate a lesson! Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
01-06-2015 07:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply