Pass:     
Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2015.06.09 - Alpha v0.9 is now released
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2015.06.09 - Alpha v0.9 is now released
Dwelvers Alpha v0.9 has now been released

This is a sneak release. No demo and no steam version will be downloadable until this one is bug-tested properly. The plan is to get the steam version released before the steam summer sale.

Dwelvers Alpha v0.9 has now been released, you can download it at the Dwelvers website.

Download:
To download it you need to go to Dwelvers website, then login with your username and password.
Once this is done a new tab leading to the members page should have become available. Here you can download the latest version.

Feature updates in 0.9
Bug fixes in 0.9
  • Crafting Production Halted - The items will be delivered, the Imp assigned to the job will load up the items to the crafting device excluding the final piece, but then won't pick up the last item if it requires multiples spanning several resource types to complete the project.
  • Enemies being blocked on tile - It sometimes happens that they block themselves.
  • Fill Dirt on Constructions - Depending on the construction and layer level, constructions are either destroyed with no resource return, or are elevated with the fill dirt.
  • Adjacent Ladders Fail Construction Path - When I build lairs for Impanzees, I like to make them with different height levels and recently with ladders since apes like to climb. I noticed this time as I was placing the lair tiles that the game lagged real hard. I sped it up thinking maybe something was stuck somewhere and it would work through and my constructions would be built. That never happened. I verified the path visually and with dev tools, and there wasn't a problem.
  • ghosts visible rough fog of war - I sometimes see that ghosts are visible trough fog of war. It's quite ofteten, but not always happens. There are often some kind of shadows covering parts of ghosts as if something was obscuring the view - like some wall etc, but when casting spell to see the place there is nothing to obscure view.
  • Improper highlights - Most of times when wall is marked for mining neighbouring wall improvements are highlighted as well, even though they are on the pare you're not mining at all.
  • Piggeh Doing Odd Jobs - This Piggeh was getting ready to build a bridge according to the status window, but what is really going on is they are trying to deliver building material to a job site, the material is deposited, and then there is a failed to deliver item message in the history.
  • Digging up Impanzee Statues - Before these became a decoration, it didn't really seem that digging through these was that big of a deal, but now it seems out of place. This should be the same as the Orc statue. You can't dig through it so the Impanzee statue shouldn't get a shovel/pick interaction.
  • Fog of War on Walls - You'll notice in the before and after look at the wall that there is a fog on the wall face that isn't directly adjacent to a wall tile that has the fog removed on the same axis.
  • Tunneling Rouges 'Stand in the Fire' - Rouges tunneling toward my DM ran into a lava flow and decided this was a good place to put a wooden bridge.
  • Prt Scr Won't Screen Capture - I was trying to take a snapshot earlier using the print screen key, but all I got was white. I was able to take a snapshot from Steam tho.
  • Light and shadow - Incorrect display of light and shadow.
  • Bug/Issue - 0.8j2 - Ladder turn when path is claimed - You can build ladder on unclaimed tile right now. For now things that are built seem to ignore how the blueprint was oriented in most cases. So you have to rotate ladder again. It seems that once path under ladder is claimed, the ladder is reoriented back to the state it was by default after building.
  • Video scrolling causes blackouts - When I scroll in any direction, part of the screen goes black and then returns to normal shortly.
  • Wrong bed destination - There is difference between blueprint and final construction.
  • Creatures attacking ladders - Seems there is another ai bug here. In last game enemies stuck at attacking my ladders. I remember they destroyed them in previous versions. Now they swing at it, but never hit. Similar to Statue bug.
  • Claiming additional path tiles - Stone wall appeared just one tile left from imp claiming path.
  • Resolution Issue - While it was loading, my QuickBooks program generated a warning about my resolution changing, I ignored it, tried to go back to the game sceren, hit Alt+Enter to get it back to full screen, another warning from QuickBooks, return to game, and crash.

Feature updates in 0.8k
Bug fixes in 0.8k
  • Not being able to place Rock Wall - I'm not able to place Rock Wall.
  • Mines + Storage rooms - I believe you shouldn't be able to place both mine and Wall Shelf Storage.
  • Creatures Won't Eat - There is plenty of food at the table, but the creature never fully commits to the task.
  • Pathing Fails to Construction - This is a weird one, and I've seen it replicated in this level in a couple different ways.
  • 21:9 problem with Production dialog - When I run the game in 21:9 (2560x1080) resolution the Production dialog box gets screwed up (the one that is opened with the little pouch).
  • Bridges & Reeds Semi-Unbuildable - I was under the impression you should be able to build bridges anywhere over water. I found a spot that although you can initiate to build, once it has all materials placed there the construction never gets built; and the materials are on shore.
  • Lava on Portals - Noticed some lava showing through on a portal to the surface world.
  • Prt Scr Won't Screen Capture - I was trying to take a snapshot earlier using the print screen key, but all I got was white. I was able to take a snapshot from Steam tho.
  • Render bugs for reinforced walls and fog of war - Hello, i just started a new dungeon and the reinforced walls seem to have a weird render glitch for me.
  • Ladder climb down - Creatures climb up well, but they do not climb down. They just teleport to the very bottom of the ladder. I don't think it supposed to be so.
  • Light and shadow - Incorrect display of light and shadow.
  • Imp AI - production stuck - Recently i encountered some strange bug. Namely - after closing breach to quickly cut off portal one imp was left at the wrong side of the wall. After some time i realised that all my production stuck.
  • Picking up lava becomes water - When picking up lava the item the imps pick up is water blocks and not lava blocks!
  • Treasure Chests in Water - Don't think this should happen. Maybe it's pirate booty...
  • Lava + doors - I believe doors should block lava, untill they are destroyed. Maze doors are not being damaged by lava.
  • Lava is displayed through Fog of war - Lava is displayed through Fog of war.

Feature updates in 0.8j
  • The rock texture has been improved.
  • Creatures no longer "tilt" between different heights in the dungeon, now they either climb the wall or fall down.
  • Swimming creatures - Creatures can now swim and drown in the water.
  • Wall model improvement - The reinforced wall model has been improved.
  • Progression mode implemented - Most of the buildings in the dungeon needs to be unlocked in one way or the other before they can be built.
  • Fixing the items menu - The items menu has been changed so that it matches the creature menu.
  • First look at the lava - Lava has been implemented, and it will burn everything in its way!

Bug fixes in 0.8j
  • Rally doesn't draw all orcs immediately - I noticed today when I was trying to rally to an enemy that Orcs were more focused on digging than attacking the enemy. They tore down half of my room before I deselected the area I was digging and then the Orcs responded to the call.
  • Placed Water Tiles & Constructions - If you have moved water from one place to another, then you can build rooms and other constructions in water that you have placed.
  • Farmland textures - I'm not sure if it's a bug, but it feels like something is wrong with those.
  • 0.8i - Runs a while then errors, then windows forced close - Basically like I mentioned in the other threads, but since I don't know if is the same or not I posted anew.
  • enemies being blocked on tile - It sometimes happens that they block themselves.
  • Materials textures - Stone is glowing and coal is shining.
  • CPU Hog - Whenever I try to run Dwelvers it instantly maxes out my CPU, lags everything I have running (even the game when I don't run anything else), and basically proves itself to be unplayable.
  • Launcher Doubled Resolution entries - The entries for the resolution drop down are doubled. Don't think that is suppose to happen right?
  • Tile Selection - I noticed that when I selected to dig the top level out next to my Bar Room, that it appears to also select the tiles below as well.
  • Crash - Placing Fill Dirt in Water - I uploaded a short clip here of what is happening. I don't know if this has anything to do with being next to the fish, or if there is something else going on. I tried another block that was in water and a crash wasn't produced, but that tile is a definite crash point.
  • Treasure Chests in Water - Don't think this should happen. Maybe it's pirate booty...
  • claiming additional path tiles - stone wall appeared just one tile left from imp claiming path.
  • failed switching to fullscreen - Single card and since 0.8h I had like 2 fullscreen games, so it occurs almost every time.
  • Switching to debugger affects rooms blueprints - After switching to debugger room blueprints are changed.
  • Corrupted structure icons - Hello, i started a new dungeon this morning and it seems that some of the building substructure icons are warped/corrupted.

Feature updates in 0.8i
  • V-Sync option added into launcher.

Bug fixes in 0.8i
  • Destroyed Orc Statue - I noticed something interesting when I almost got overrun in one of my games.
  • Mine bug - The heart meter that shows how much there's left of a resource when building a mine on it don't go down even though the imps mine it and it should be less of the resource left. Tried on coal and roots.
  • enemies treating blueprints as material objects - It happens only on claimed tiles.
  • Prison info menu is corrupted - Only one prisoner is visible in the info menu despite there are several prisoners in the prison.
  • A Battle Has Broken Out with a Bridge - Being on bridge displays random warnings - This is a weird one, and the first time I'm seeing this. So I started a new map and I was noticing I kept getting a message that a battle had broken out.
  • Autosaving - Auto Save file no longer shows up in the Load Game list. I used F4 to load an Auto Save, and it didn't load the save I created with F2. The progress was further along than where I Auto Saved from.
  • Mechanic: Reveal Paused Side Effect - First Off I am unsure if this was intended or not, or if this really should go into this section. It in a way could fit here or the bugs section.
  • Creatures Attack priority - I had an orc rioting and I noticed that he was really confused about what to attack.
  • Game just froze when i quit the game - the game froze when i quit the game im not sure wether it was when i pressed quit of after i pressed yes/ok ( im a little tired atm )
  • Dwelvers.exe is not closed - Since the last update i have the problem when i quit the game the dwelvers.exe will not closed and the task are inactiv.
  • Crash - Alt-Tab crash - Hello, I know there already is a thread about crashes related to alt-tab but it is old and locked so at sebt's suggestion i'm making a new one.
  • Crash on Startup (no soundcard) - I have recently upgraded my computer, and since used the Steam code activated last week. For 8g and 8h I have had a crash on startup. I don't have a soundcard installed (onboard sound was bunk so I disabled it, no new soundcard yet) and I crash on startup. I have the following crash dump.
  • Creature Stat Window has Overlapping Text - Didn't notice before, but I saw this when examining a creature in the new interface. The text in the status frame is overlapping itself.
  • Game Loader - This is really more of a minor issue. Just got started and noticed the new loading window. Looks much improved, but it no longer launches the game when you hit Debug like it used to.
  • Black textures everywhere in-game - Reported by the steam community.
  • Exiting Game - I don't really see this as a bug, but I think when you exit the game it should close off the loader and debugger. It also influence Steam.
  • Possible bug related to changing game speed - I observed that as soon as i ramp up the game speed (i went all the way to 9) my farm's production started failing. Grown crops weren't collected and new crops weren't planted either.
  • Game Speed x0 - If you reduce the game speed to 0 and then enter the menu, your game will be stuck at Game Speed x0 until you load a previous game. It doesn't crash the game and it didn't apear to happen in any other Game Speed setting besides 0. Hope you have a recent save...
  • Texture bug - After opening treasure chests in maze.
  • Placed Water Tiles & Constructions - If you have moved water from one place to another, then you can build rooms and other constructions in water that you have placed.
  • Claimed/Unclaimed Tile Resource Render - Noticed this graphical bug when digging out for resources. You'll notice from the image below that resources on unclaimed tiles are rendering strange until the tile is claimed, then they render normally.
  • Transport Dead on Ladders - Dead creatures being transported up ladders stay at the top or bottom until creature transporting them reaches the top or bottom.
  • Decorations Built on Top of Wall - I noticed today that if you place any wall decoration on a wall that goes all the way to the top layer that it can end up being built on top of the wall.
  • Loader Doesn't Display All Cards - This is on my laptop where I have the basic Intel HD Graphics 4600, but it also has a Radeon HD 8690M which the game should be using for best performance. The Radeon doesn't appear in the list.
  • Dropping Water at Top Level - I don't think this is a bug, but most certainly can become an issue. The problem is that you cannot fetch a water block that has been dropped at the top level of the dungeon because your creatures can't reach it. This can greatly impact any design you planned for your dungeon if you have a water tile in the way up there.
  • Alt-TAB Full Screen to Windowed - As always with a new version, I'm using Alt-Tab a lot bouncing between game and forum. This is a peculiar one. I play in Full Screen mode, so when I Alt-Tab then come back to the game, it doesn't return to true Full Screen. It looks more like Windowed.
  • Zooming out affects sound - I'm not sure if it's a bug, or planned feature, but when you zoom out sound effects are muted.
  • Wall Decos not Placing - The only wall decoration that works now is the shield. You can't place the picture or the manacles at the moment.
  • Mines + Storage rooms - I believe you shouldn't be able to place both mine and Wall Shelf Storage.
  • Constructions - Mine - same bug as with Impanzze bed on 0.8b.
  • Mining - After selecting room to be mined(3x5 on the screens), sometimes the mark disappears. I believe it happens when minion takes control over floor next to it, or reinforces wall next to it.
  • Creature Name is Very Large - Would this may have to do with a character limit on the name bar. This is a pretty long name that is displayed in large print on the screen.
  • Ladders and Torches - This is really kinda nitpicky, but you know me...I was playing around with ladders today, and fortunately they rotate just fine, but it looks really weird when you have a torch sticking through your ladder.

Feature updates in 0.8h
Bug fixes in 0.8h
  • Crash - Game Crashes with Runtime Error whenever I try to play - Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, No luck. Anyone else with this problem or a fix?
  • Crash - Game crashes before starting - Oh dear, I'm continuously seeing "This program has stopped working" with 0.8g. The crash happens once I attempt to start the game on the loading screen, which eventually freezes. I've tried loading saves, different graphics settings, creating a new game but always the same :-(
  • Materials textures - Stone is glowing and coal is shining.
  • Crash - Selecting Trade Route (Assertion Failed) - Was able to duplicate this a second time. When you go to select a Trade Route, you get an error dialog from Windows shown below. Hitting ignore just loops, you have to abort, then you get Dwelvers debug crash log info.

Feature updates in 0.8g
Bug fixes in 0.8g
  • Resolution list empty in the launcher - The resolution dropdown list is empty.
  • Cannon Placement and Rotation - When placing a canon, it will not stay oriented the direction you set it for, and can't be rotated.
  • Creature Name is Very Large - Would this may have to do with a character limit on the name bar. This is a pretty long name that is displayed in large print on the screen.
  • Unequip starting orcs, new item available for production! - I'm still not sure if we should either be able to make basic orc equipment straight away from the very beginning or if un-equipping a starting orc's armor/weapon should unlock that item for production ONLY AFTER we construct a blacksmith.
  • Rally doesn't draw all orcs immediatly - Start new game. Unequip starting orcs random weapon/armor. New item available for production!
  • Shovel - This is a small bug and I don't know if it's a real bugg but when you select a tile with your shovel a imp comes to the tile and start swinging a pickaxe.
  • Dwelvers.exe is not closed - Since the last update i have the problem when i quit the game the dwelvers.exe will not closed and the task are inactiv.
  • Exiting Game - I don't really see this as a bug, but I think when you exit the game it should close off the loader and debugger. It also influence Steam.
  • build queue - Imps are gathering wood for all tables, instead of collecting resources for first table, than second and so on.
  • Crash on startup, game won't launch - So, when I try to launch the game through steam, I get an immediate "Dwelvers.exe has stopped working" with no useful information.
  • Crash Loading Textures (Threading Enabled) - Unexpected error on startup. deleted and reinstalled. The first report is before the delete.
  • Prison Skull Wall Tile Float - Was surprised I could build a shackle on the same tile as a prison door because of another issue which has been fixed. The door was not affected, but look what happens to the Skull Wall Torch:
  • Ladders and Torches - This is really kinda nitpicky, but you know me...I was playing around with ladders today, and fortunately they rotate just fine, but it looks really weird when you have a torch sticking through your ladder.
  • Minions ignoring rally flag - After ralling flag some creatures still are training instead of responding to the call.
  • lack of animation (blueprints) - lack of animation (blueprints)
  • Crash when taking control of a possesed Piggeh - I cast possession on a piggeh and it worked fine until I pressed 2 to assume direct control and then the game froze and I had to use the task manager to kill the process, attached is the crash report.
  • Possible bug related to changing game speed - Speed of game affects crafting selection - I observed that as soon as I ramp up the game speed (i went all the way to 9) my farm's production started failing. Grown crops weren't collected and new crops weren't planted either.
  • Splash Screen Crash (Multiple Monitor Triggered) - While I was waiting for the splash screen to load, I clicked over on my secondary monitor to work on another page, and then got Not Responding then crash. I tried to reproduce it, but after 5 times of following the same steps to generate the crash I gave up so I'm not 100% sure what the cause is.
  • ladders - Not being able to place ladder on solid rock, when there's only level of solid rock.
  • Got some problems, had many error box when lauching the game. And no answer after creating a sandbox. - So I was trying to reproduce another bug I reported earlier, but this one seemed different enough to warrant a separate thread.
  • Prison Skull Wall Tile Float - Was surprised I could build a shackle on the same tile as a prison door because of another issue which has been fixed. The door was not affected, but look what happens to the Skull Wall Torch:

Feature updates in 0.8f
Bug fixes in 0.8f (Sorry for not solving more bugs with this version)
  • The pressure pad will no longer be built in a pressed down state.

Minor feature updates in 0.8e
Patch fixes in v0.8e

Patch fixes in v0.8d
  • Deleted savefile - I was playing on my map for about 8 hours over the last 3 days. I saved my map over 20 times, everytime on the same slot. But today the game crashed by saving, and now my save is gone.
  • Various Creature Equipment bugs - Here is a link to an album showcasing various equipment bugs. If i understand correctly, these should be fixed in a future version but i think it's a good idea to showcase them here.
  • Crash when loading save with threading disabled - I have a super laggy (for me) dungeon that i obtained by starting to mass excavate everything. I played with threading enabled from the start and threading was enabled when i saved.
  • Video Performance - I'm getting this a lot now that I've been playing a while.
  • A Battle Has Broken Out with a Bridge - This is a weird one, and the first time I'm seeing this. So I started a new map and I was noticing I kept getting a message that a battle had broken out.
  • Game froze as I was selling wooden Bridge - I found new and closer fishing spot so I went to my other fishing spot to sell the wooden bridges and game froze as i was selling the bridges...
  • New Creature Timer Bar - Right before a new creature is created, the timer bar that indicates time till a new creature spawns extends past the creature icon to the top of the screen like so
  • Constructions - Mine - same bug as with Impanzze bed on 0.8b.
  • Possession - After hitting F1 and opening menu while using possession, I'm not able to leave creature with esc key - menu pops out.

Patch fixes in v0.8c
  • Surround sound seems reversed or just borked - For all versions of Dwelvers, up to, and including .8b, the surround seems to do what it wants. Objects in center of focus are quiet, while the sides seem reversed. I am not sure if I am describing this accurately. Is this a known bug? This is the only game I have this issue with. Newest realtek drivers installed, openal installed.
  • Hanging on load - With threading unchecked, the game hangs while loading. With threading checked, the game gets to the main menu but hangs while creating a game. I've left it sitting for 10 minutes just to make sure it wasn't simply taking a long time but it just sits there at the "creating game" screen. The music cuts out after a couple of minutes.
  • Confused Orcs in Trainingroom - Some Orcs are confused in the Trainingroom when the door are open.
  • small issues - After selecting Impanzee's bed there's no animation - construction is invisible, untill imps build it. Aslo there's no animation when I choose to feed DM with Impanzee, body simply disappear next her, and she doesn't open her mouth.
  • Rally Flag & Bridges - Rally Flags placed on Bridges fall through to the ground under water and are not visible. Troops do still go to the Rally location though.
  • wrong texture? - After selecting solid rock to be mined, such texture appears. I'm not sure if that was planned, or it's a glitch
  • building queue - It seems that imps are waiting for all resources to be gathered for piece of furniture no matter if it's iron, or leather, before they start gathering resources for next construction.
  • Fog of War Over Water - Issue - water - When you get to a point where you get to a water formation, I think the Fog of War should dissipate at least a few squares over water as you should be able to see across it.
  • Crash to desktop - equipping creatures - Crash - During change armor of the orcs - Game crashes when I put armor(I tested bone and metal) on imps, or orcs.
  • Crash to desktop - Maze? - After opening maze some crashes appeared, not sure what exactly trigger it.

Urgent bugfix in 0.8b

Some of the upgrades since v0.7e
  • AI Test - Upcoming aggression - Enemies can now dig into your dungeon.
  • New creature bars - The player can now see the health, the level, the mood and the name of the creature, and a lot more clearly than before. Also, with this design it is a lot easier to separate friend from foe.
  • Console window - A discreet console window has been implemented that updates the player when a new item is available for production, when a creature level up (showing the name of the creature as well so that the player bond a little more with them), when the player gets a new message (battle or production), when the player speeds up or slows down the gamespeed (yes, we can now modify the gamespeed with +/- within the range of x0 -> x9).
  • Easier to obtain creature info - When a creature icon is selected with the hand some other icons will pop up above it. These icons shows how many of the creatures are in a good, neutral, bad or dead mood. Also how many of the creatures that are idle, working, or fighting. When these icons are left clicked the player will toggle and zoom in on these creatures.
  • New creature production system - The idea is simple. There will be some buildings in the dungeon that attracts certain creature types. When these buildings are built the creature that are being attracted will get spewed out by the Dark Mother. From this point the player will have to make sure that this creature (lets say Orc) is happy. Because when all the Orcs the player owns are happy a timer will increase (that is the cyan colored line in the screenshot above), but when one Orc of all the Orcs is unhappy the timer will decrease. This is represented by a green (+) or a red (-) as seen in the screenshot. The challenge here is to keep all the Orcs happy, and the more Orcs the player gets the harder it will be to keep them all happy at once.
  • Dwelvers XML Config - From here the player will be able to choose building costs and creature attraction if he wants to experiment with the balance of the game.
  • Gamespeed can be tweaked between x0 - x9 with the + / - keyboard button.
  • Difficulties can now be chosen after a level has been selected, it is no longer the level that choose the difficulty.

Patch fixes since v0.7e
  • Unreachable enemies, ignored rally flag - They saw the enemies below first then I discovered the portal and flag it for the orcs to smash, but they are too busy spiting and pissing on the impanzees below (I don't blame them, with all the beer they drink...)
  • dwelvers.exe is not closed - Since the last update i have the problem when i quit the game the dwelvers.exe will not closed and the task are inactiv.
  • Water bug - While digging around a lake the water started going crazy, showing intermittent waterfalls, that would build up and then disappear continuously.
  • Broken hidraulics on maze - Apparently Cyclotaurs aren't the greatest engineers...
  • Can build prison door into oblivion - I was building a proper settlement for the poor cyclotaurs to recover after being freed from the maze, when I noticed that prison doors can be built to be opened into nothing...
  • Torch inside statue - When you build a Orc statue on top of a torch on the wall, the torch does not disappear.
  • Crash When Placing Room Flag Over Idle Imp - The game crashed while moving the flag for a newly built store room. I'll post the log file, if I can find it, shortly.
  • After storage room separation - ....I preferred to keep the two storage rooms and devided the huge one. At this point the first one had all its old settings, but the second one was just the old storage room without flag or sign. As I tried to set a new flag to the second storage room, the game crashed.
  • Can't sell lilypad - You can't build blocks over lilypads, so I can't claim that block if the water is too deep, thus, I'm unable to build enough dirt to completely level a lake and use the space to build rooms..
  • Rally Flag & Bridges - Rally Flags placed on Bridges fall through to the ground under water and are not visible. Troops do still go to the Rally location though.
  • Can't destroy final Cyclotaur door - So i discovered a Cyclotaur maze. Everything went smooth, but when i reached the final door my minions won't destroy it, like shown in the Screenshot. After reloading and restaring the game, nothing changend.
  • Delivery flag crash - i increased the size of an already big sorage room the delivery flag location changed and when i put it back to the old location the game froze.
  • Crash after hit F1 in ceature menu - When I press the F1 Button in the creatures Screen, the game will crash.
  • Imps eating with the Cart - I don't know if its a issue but my imp eating with the cart...
  • Imps with cart sometimes keep working in packaging - sometimes imps take a full kart and start filling another instead of going straight for the portal.
  • Feeding loop - it creates somewhat of a loop of imps carrying the stuff back and forth ( takes some time after the order is placed
    the first few items work fine )
  • Feeding orders dont seem to be saved - I saved a game where i had a huge feeding order going and and the order was ogone after loading to test for another problem.
  • (Black) Blocks, not rendering wall faces under construction - It is different, it changes with the angle and its only when the wall block is under construction.
  • Ogg crash - Game crashed with the message that the Ogg file were being unable to load.
  • Confused Orcs in Trainingroom - Some Orcs are confused in the Trainingroom when the door are open.
  • Crash - During change armor of the orcs - I have this crash when i change armor of the orcs or of the imps. .
  • Selecting where to save makes the list scroll just below said savefile - There's a weird glitch with the scroll bar when saving.
  • Can only lock doors with the rotate option - Left clicking on the doors does nothing, where previously it would lock it. You have to use the rotate option for it to lock the door with chains and padlock.
  • Shield decoration has a black/transparent background on *some* rooms - The bug happens in some Rooms in some not. Shackles and painting seem to behave OK, it's only with the shield.
  • Shovel - This is a small bug and I don't know if it's a real bugg but when you select a tile with your shovel a imp comes to the tile and start swinging a pickaxe.

If you want to contribute with ideas:
Go to Suggestions & Feedbacks forum

Just make sure that you read the post of already suggested ideas so that you don't double post.
Go to Ideas & Game Features list

If you want to report a bug or issue:
Go to Bugs/Issues & Crashes forum

Just make sure that you read the topic about the already known bugs and issues so that you don't double post.
Go to list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 11:42 AM by Rasmus.)
09-06-2015 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Oh man, I'm so excited! Too bad I got a full morning of work ahead of me. I think I may be fine this afternoon to get crackin on 0.9, at least I hope.

[EDIT]

So I spent a lil bit of time making a quick run through 0.9 ultimately to get to the surface world and see if there was anything immediately game breaking here. Well I learned a valuable lesson. Be sure to have your defenses in order and creatures leveled before you start ravaging the humans. I massacred one town which boosted my Evil rating almost to max, and well they didn't like it. They sent a metric f*@k ton of soldiers to quell my evil. I stood my ground briefly and took out a bunch of them first, but ultimately I was no match. Here is an example of the carnage:

[Image: Y2Lg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 07:12 PM by Mello Tonin.)
09-06-2015 01:17 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Still there are some unsolved bugs on list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes, but I wonder if some aren't solved too because of so much modification and fixes made in 0.9?

Oh and guys - if you find a time, join us in bug-solving confirmation quest, so Rasmus could be sure that those listed "on blue" in Bugs/Issues & Crashes forum are really solved! Any help much appreciated. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 07:45 PM by Sebt.)
09-06-2015 07:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yeah, I'm gonna focus mainly on finding anything game breaking first so Rasmus can get it posted out to Steam the next couple days. Then I'll get crackin on verifying any fixed bugs. So far it looks solid although I've only got about 1.5 hours into it.
09-06-2015 07:47 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hmm, so working few days more only on bug catching and solving, before releasing new version to the public rewarded in good results!
Of course don't say hop before you jump, but I'm thinking positively. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 08:03 PM by Sebt.)
09-06-2015 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whatnames Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 2015.06.09 - Alpha v0.9 is now released
Thank you for the new version! Loving it so far, ditto on being careful when enraging surface dwellers.

Also, you may want to fix the link in the main post, it shows like this and redirects to a spamm page:
http://forum.dwelvers.com/showthread.php?tid=1431

Edit: moved last bit to bugs forum.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 11:25 PM by whatnames.)
09-06-2015 11:15 PM
tom Offline
Dungeon Lord

so if we bought this on steam we can't access the alpha .9?
10-06-2015 01:20 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
This is only open to people who backed the game early in the development as it was one of the rewards to the crowd funding campaign, and anyone who backed the development prior to when the cut off date which was before v0.5 was released. We're going to try and find any game breaking bugs before it's released to Steam so everyone will have the best playable version at its debut. It will likely still have bugs to discover, but nothing hopefully that would prevent everyone from being able to play. One serious issue has already been discovered.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 04:00 AM by Mello Tonin.)
10-06-2015 03:59 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Tom, if you like to be a part of the development, just let me know and I will sign you up for it. I created an announcement about it here on the steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/276870/announcements under "The surface world and the evil meter!" at the end.
10-06-2015 12:34 PM
tom Offline
Dungeon Lord

(10-06-2015 12:34 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  Tom, if you like to be a part of the development, just let me know and I will sign you up for it. I created an announcement about it here on the steam forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/276870/announcements under "The surface world and the evil meter!" at the end.

thanks!
11-06-2015 12:43 AM
polo5021 Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
I would be more than happy to be a part of the development Rasmus!

Though in a way I already am... Big Grin
11-06-2015 07:12 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I have upgraded your account as well polo5021. You can now download it from the website Smile
11-06-2015 10:47 AM
polo5021 Offline
Dungeon Lord

(11-06-2015 10:47 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  I have upgraded your account as well polo5021. You can now download it from the website Smile

Thanks Rasmus!
11-06-2015 07:15 PM