Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification Creature Mechanic - Ghost overload
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

Creature Mechanic - Ghost overload
So after cleaning the overworld and most of the map from enemies.
I took a look at my only two catacombs and i was surprised how many ghosts that were there...
[Image: jVkiTCr.jpg]
Don't they despawn, or disappear over time?
3570K@3.8GHz|MSI GD-55 Z77|2xGTX 770|Corsair 32GB DDR3|Corsair 86W|Fractal Define R|2 TB HDD(3x)|240 GB SSD|H100I
Current record holder of:
Most fish stored at once! (5202x)
[Image: ghqnARY.jpg]:heart:
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2015 09:02 PM by Sebt.)
10-06-2015 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Not that I'm aware of. They should die in combat though. That looks pretty freakin sweet.
10-06-2015 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I wouldn't say that this is a bug. More like the game is a little bit unbalanced. Either way, they don't have equipment so they are not as strong as the living creatures and they will die in combat, so if you have some enemies you can clean up the place Wink

I will move this to suggestions and we could perhaps discuss a limitation on the ghost production.
11-06-2015 10:37 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Maybe it could allow a fraction of the creature's current population. So maybe if I had 9 Orcs, I would be allowed up to 3 Orc Ghosts, or something like that.
11-06-2015 02:17 PM
Tricky Offline
Fishing Master

RE:
It would be nice to be able to just send ghosts to rally flag, so you could make all ghosts die before your creatures die.
Making them live for a limited time, also makes it more valuable to make them attack as soon as possible.
Having their health degrade overtime

BUG:
Ghosts don't respond to rally flag
3570K@3.8GHz|MSI GD-55 Z77|2xGTX 770|Corsair 32GB DDR3|Corsair 86W|Fractal Define R|2 TB HDD(3x)|240 GB SSD|H100I
Current record holder of:
Most fish stored at once! (5202x)
[Image: ghqnARY.jpg]:heart:
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 08:12 PM by Tricky.)
11-06-2015 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MushyroomMan Offline
The Mushroom Man

RE:
ghosts arnt supposed to respond to them Rasmus Specially added this on purpose also ghost production is very op all i do is build a single catacomb tile in front of my dungeon entrance boom all the dead guys ill ever need made the second you enter my dungeons.1/3 chance of resurrection in spirit form.
[Image: 5.jpg]
12-06-2015 03:09 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Okay so what about lessening the chance of a resurrection depending on how many ghosts of this type already are existing?

Chance of resurrection = 100 / ((number of ghosts) + 1).
0 ghosts of the same type = 100% chance of resurrection
1 ghosts of the same type = 50% chance of resurrection
2 ghosts of the same type = 33% chance of resurrection
3 ghosts of the same type = 25% chance of resurrection
4 ghosts of the same type = 20% chance of resurrection
5 ghosts of the same type = 17% chance of resurrection

And so on....
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 09:18 AM by Rasmus.)
12-06-2015 09:06 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Hmm, you could also make that enemy Ghosts are able to wandering around for X minutes and then if not "claimed/captured" by any player before those X minutes lasts they'll disappear into the spirit world (if even it'll be possible to capture a Ghost). Confused

This way all living creatures could have their own Ghosts without killing the balance of the game, but if could kill the balance of the game...then ... something could HAVE TO occur to make Ghosts appearing. For example player would need to use special "Call a Ghost" spell from his (or any in his/her AoI) dead minion to obtain a Ghost. Neutral creature if killed being close to special object of mysterious energy or have some sort a necromancy buff given could instantly give up the Ghost.

This mechanism could also give the possibility to raise whatever creature you wish to call from dead creature - why only a ghost? Let's make from these corpses a ever bloodthirsty Vampire, sadistic and sarcastic Demon or obedient Skeleton Warrior!

BTW, that would be awesome - to play one mission in spirit world tho. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 02:18 PM by Sebt.)
12-06-2015 01:53 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I think the chance to rez based on ghosts controlled is a good idea, but there still should be a cap to prevent the possibility of still rez'n too many. I do kinda like them as free spirits without any direct control or even rally. It would be nice though to have some way to maintain their happiness so the more satisfied they are, the more likely they would decide to follow you into battle, or if unsatisfied they may just ignore the fact you're in battle somewhere.
12-06-2015 04:07 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Well, by chance there are a cap. I would be impressed if anyone had 10 ghosts or more of the same type, as that would require almost 50-100 kills of the same creature type to get the probability right. And once the player have reached that far into the game I think it is a bigger possibility that we worry about the living creatures being to many.

Actually there is a creature that will be controlled by the player on the way, and this creature will have some control the ghosts. So indirectly the player will be able to have some control of the ghosts later on... But this is something that can be balanced as we go along.
12-06-2015 04:36 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
As in DK 2 you have more Imps your mana regeneration becomes slower (well in WFTO they made something even that your max mana storage value is decreased) as Rasmus' idea about decreasing chance of resurrection is also reasonably good idea.

BTW - didn't we want this mechanism working on Every creature in the game to not have creatures of the same type too much? Should for Ghosts this mechanism work the same? Wink

Also I think spell could somehow resolve problem of having too much of them and give the player a choice what to do with dead minions.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 07:54 PM by Sebt.)
12-06-2015 07:52 PM
Door Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
For ways on how to bring down the number of ghosts, you could feed them to the dark mother to obtain mana potions. We could say that the DM turns their spirit energy into a liquid form that you could use later.
Door.
20-07-2015 10:53 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
That's a nice idea. In nature nothing is stored/wasted, but converted into i.e. feed, so ghosts could have some strategic role in game, like adding instantly some mana which normally you need to wait for some specific amount of time.

I also thought about using them to make alive non-living things like Golems (if that won't be done in different way like it was introduced in thread about Managnetite - a resource that emanates energy).
22-07-2015 10:29 AM
wildmick Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Creature Mechanic - Ghost overload
do the ghosts earn experience and lvl up?

If the answer is yes, how can a player use this to thier advantage? what do the ghosts gain upon lvl up? surely they gain some health and combat ability, what about a speed increase or a % chance of obeying rally flag commands. If they level up, and therefore become stronger, how could a player use this to thier advantage?

If the answer is no, then to limit the number of them, upon gaining a ghost it starts at 1st lvl. using rasmus' formula, upon gaining additional ghosts of the same species, that single ghost gains a level, and so by killing multiples of the same species, and gaining a ghost you have a % chance to increase the level (and possibly loyalty) of that single ghost, and as it gains in levels it gets increasingly harder to gain a lvl. (you could for example make the new ghost travel to the original one and try to absorb itself into the old ghost and when it does that the % chance that it gets absorbed is calculated). If said ghost dies in battle, then you start from scratch again. By doing something along these lines, it limits the # of ghosts and gives the player a sense of ghost progression.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 08:20 PM by wildmick.)
11-08-2015 08:16 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Cannibal ghosts?! BRILLIANT!
12-08-2015 02:39 PM