Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Minimum requirements?
Door Offline
Dungeon Lord

Minimum requirements?
What are the system requirements? I am currently running at a painful 4 FPS when I run the game at a certain number of minions running around. I read that what is required is, Windows Vista SP2 or higher and Direct3D 10 compatible graphic card. Having a Window's 7 SP1 should be enough since there is no service pack 2 for my operation system. I checked the Directx, and it's version is at 11, but I'm not too sure if the same thing as a Direct3D with different wording.
Door.
13-07-2015 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I have noticed on my laptop running only with the Intel HD graphics that the FPS is quite low as you described. My desktop which has a Radeon R7 card with 2GB of RAM does pretty decent, but even then I can get low frame rates when there is a lot going on. There is surely need for some additional optimization, but I would expect this would be kinda hard to do while there are changes being made. Of course there are some optimizations being made, but I personally wouldn't invest a whole lotta time in it until the game was closer to a final release and things were more set in stone.
14-07-2015 01:35 AM
Door Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Minimum requirements?
(14-07-2015 01:35 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I have noticed on my laptop running only with the Intel HD graphics that the FPS is quite low as you described. My desktop which has a Radeon R7 card with 2GB of RAM does pretty decent, but even then I can get low frame rates when there is a lot going on. There is surely need for some additional optimization, but I would expect this would be kinda hard to do while there are changes being made. Of course there are some optimizations being made, but I personally wouldn't invest a whole lotta time in it until the game was closer to a final release and things were more set in stone.

You do have a point. Maybe limit how many imps and other creatures there can be by the number of beds until then? That would at least make playing for now a bit easier until things can be fully integrated for optimization. I can get how right now the game is a ball of clay, and putting it into a heating element would be optimizing the game. An analogy, the clay has yet to be molded fully enough to be put into a fire.
Door.
14-07-2015 04:11 AM
Ghostchase Offline
Lurking in the Gloom

RE: Minimum requirements?
Hi Door,

No need to limit creatures by the number of beds. If you mouse over the creature portraits in the lower left of screen you'll see a few icons appear just above - the 'lock' symbol stops the DM producing more of that creature. You can use the other icons to quickly locate creatures too - the angry one has saved a few imps a violent death by angry Piggeh on several occasions after getting them stuck in a hole etc. Undecided

New here too, so hi everyone - perhaps I'll come say hello in the right thread.

GC
20-07-2015 08:36 PM
Door Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
I had *no* idea you could do that. Wow, I feel like I can just dig a big hole now! Thank you Ghostchase.
Door.
20-07-2015 10:30 PM