I'll be honest here. In overall I'm not sure seeing this trailer why I as an evil lord want to attack people and make wars with anyone around and what's actually going on really.
For instance, in DK it was mentioned that heroes want to grab all the treasures that lies in underworld, so you're a one of the keepers that won't allow them to take those treasures and because they are pissed you off and the best defence is the offense you're going to conquer the whole hero realm and take every underworld treasures for your greedy yourself.... so, if you won't make any description of why and for what at least in very general... this game will look like he next game for mobile devices where there is nothing said, but "conquer new realms, collect items, take your creatures towards victory, build your mighty kingdom!"... Market is flooded in such quick-gimme-money-for-quick-profitgame I made game without a soul... and I know Dwelvers Rasmus want NOT to be such game, so what about adding some magic to the trailer, a little story, a cake you could sink your teeth into? What's more with resources you're already Rasmus have?
So what I'm suggesting? A guy named Thomas Ljunggren
made something that would really make the trailer catchy - a storyline here: http://dwelvers.com/art
So, what if trailer show at the beginning a short introduction to Dwelvers story and Dwelvers world and then show game features
- Introduce the world and creatures that are living in it
- introduce the calm and peaceful world of humans, that's full of whatever it is there and creatures that are living there in certain conditions of happiness or however they live and then...
- ...show that there's another world, that lays under the ground... mysterious and dark... full of scary but also beautiful places... as rich in resources as danger... where different creatures inhabits different places doing their own stuff in this realm and then... that this world is inhabited by someone - a Dark Mother and Hand - that started to be a threat for both worlds (regarding Thomas's pictures DM and the Hand are somehow danger for both worlds, but I can be wrong ) - how? - and HERE! Let's start with the story Thomas made in pictures here: http://dwelvers.com/art/ - yeah, that may require Ben to make some pictures depicting the story, but potential player must know for what will he/she be doing terrible things with his/her enemies and why there's a conflict... yea, it needs narrator for the trailer, you can ask TacticBlack to make such, right? I can image how heavily ironic his narration can be for a trailer.
- After showing the world and short introducing story - show what player will do in a game
- how you as an evil Hand (I assume you're not a lord, but a Hand in Dwelvers? Hand then should be explained earlier in the story earlier in trailer, by a little bit) will be conquering the world and with/by what - build dungeons, gather resources from different places, show a full 3D aspect of the game, then
- who will be serving you, what you need to make them obey to you - creatures, show that they'll fight for you, but for a price - they'll need food, sleep and any kind of entertainment, show how you make such stuff for them - like you showed in trailer 3.0 brewery and the fest,
- what are the challenges that player will about to take during your influence expansion (maze, Impanzees, cave ins, lava, etc.),
- how will you make your already build barracks safe (constructions, hydraulics)
- and what else you can do to increase your firepower (trade, imprison and conversion, etc.)
If I missed something sure let it be added, in 3-4 minutes I think trailer should fit in. So in short story and world presentation first then features.
Also the correlation/order which Mello described above is really important, so I think he did a well description of how trailer should be constructed.
Oh and music really doesn't fit the trailer, I would ask Omri
to make something that would suck viewer into and then make scenes for that music... actual is just too calm and next video scenes doesn't fit the music IMO.