Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification Game Development - Dwelvers Trailer Version 3.0
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Nice! Much better with the additional text, and the update to the possession feature is a plus. Can't wait to hack and slash around. The way it closes out is definitely inviting and really gets the focus back to combat instead of it being mostly about resource management.
23-07-2015 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Yes, much better, changing the music was a good idea, it builds a nice mysterious and dangerous atmosphere. Smile

But where is the text about that's an actual footage of alpha version? I suggest to put it right at the beginning of the video after few seconds.

If I could suggest something is to:

- expand the time of showing texts messages by 1,5-2 seconds - some of them are longer then others and viewer could not read fast enough the whole text line. They're also popping up to fast IMO ATM,
- expand the time of showing Dancing Devils logo and "presents" each by 1-1,5 second so viewer can better remember the logo and the pace of showing both 'slides' would fit more the pace of the rest 'slides'.
- when the first message about the game comes "Dig and explore" comes the music should "start" there - not from beginning, but it starts from triangles and trumpets not later, so put them in 0:11 minutes (well, there where first text message starts) instead of letting them start on 0:15 like it is now - just to fit the beginnings of both, so player will feel that content is now entered.
- I think some organs could tell you to remove "kill all humans" from trailer because it may be to disturbing for some people. Instead I suggest to replace this text with "Rally the Human kingdoms on their own lands!" Also don't make this text on red - it's hard to see, it's better to leave it white, but capitals letters can still be used.
- the last text "Become the ruler of the worlds" let's show at the beginning forest surface areas not in tbe middle like now and also make this text to show for 4-5 seconds - to point that clearly ruling over the worlds is the main target in Dwelvers. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2015 05:40 PM by Sebt.)
23-07-2015 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Dwelvers Trailer Version 3.0
(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  But where is the text about that's an actual footage of alpha version? I suggest to put it right at the beginning of the video after few seconds.

It will be there with the next video (later today), but only at the beginning and not through the whole video.

(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  - expand the time of showing texts messages by 1,5-2 seconds - some of them are longer then others and viewer could not read fast enough the whole text line. They're also popping up to fast IMO ATM,

Good point, will fix!

(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  - expand the time of showing Dancing Devils logo and "presents" each by 1-1,5 second so viewer can better remember the logo and the pace of showing both 'slides' would fit more the pace of the rest 'slides'.

I am not with you on this one. People that watch the video don't care about the company logo, they just want to see the game-play, so I want to get into the action as fast as possible.

(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  - when the first message about the game comes "Dig and explore" comes the music should "start" there - not from beginning, but it starts from triangles and trumpets not later, so put them in 0:11 minutes (well, there where first text message starts) instead of letting them start on 0:15 like it is now - just to fit the beginnings of both, so player will feel that content is now entered.

Good point, will fix!

(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  - I think some organs could tell you to remove "kill all humans" from trailer because it may be to disturbing for some people. Instead I suggest to replace this text with "Rally the Human kingdoms on their own lands!" Also don't make this text on red - it's hard to see, it's better to leave it white, but capitals letters can still be used.

"Kill all humans" - Futurama quote Wink
But I agree, I can probably replace it with something more constructive as you said.

(23-07-2015 05:22 PM)Sebt Wrote:  - the last text "Become the ruler of the worlds" let's show at the beginning forest surface areas not in tbe middle like now and also make this text to show for 4-5 seconds - to point that clearly ruling over the worlds is the main target in Dwelvers. Smile

Good point, will fix!
24-07-2015 10:26 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
And here we have trailer test version number 3 Tongue

24-07-2015 02:14 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
The only other thing I would suggest is linking the Steam and Available Online to the Dwelvers Steam and Online Store pages.
24-07-2015 02:24 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Lol, Rasmus. When saying to start the music earlier I meant the point in this piece of music where it starts from trumpet and those trumpets could start along with the first text that is showing in the video - dig and explore (so those rattles starts before first text - they're better at building the atmosphere like that bassy sound earlier) Smile.
The whole bass intro was really good, atmospheric and give some chills and you can keep it like it was earlier, but move a little the whole track back so the first trumpets (or rather horns?) could start with the first text message. Big Grin

Oh and until the trumpets were not enter make sounds from the game muted, I could hear something like chicken at the beginning, it was weird. XD

Also what Mello said and there's an error at the end "avalible" - should be available and I also suggest to use the same color for the text - white and the samw font here - to make it clear.

Anyway it's better and better, I think after some cosmetic changes that would be it. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 03:05 PM by Sebt.)
26-07-2015 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Thank you all for the help Smile

Here is the final v3.0 trailer:

27-07-2015 12:13 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Almost fit perfectly into 2 minutes, still that available text is yellow, but I think now is great! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 03:18 PM by Sebt.)
27-07-2015 03:16 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
And it's usually me who's nitpicky Tongue glad we could help; looks good Ras!
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 06:19 PM by Mello Tonin.)
27-07-2015 06:19 PM