Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Solved within development process 0.9c - Crash on Game Load (D3DText)
TransWorlder Offline
Dungeon Lord

0.9c - Crash on Game Load (D3DText)
I had the debugger running but it does not behave the same way that is mentioned in the posting guidelines that is stickied to this forum.

Here is the text from the DwelversDebugger v1.1:

Crash Report: Dwelvers Alpha v0.9c
Running time: Hours: 0 Minutes: 0 Seconds: 7

____THREAD 1____
D3D::UtilReleaseRenderTargetTexture
D3D::CheckThreadLocker

Here is the text from teh lasterrorlog.txt file in the same folder:
Error!
Error location: D3DText::D3DText

So when I run Dwelvers I have tried every resolution available and tried it on mixed texture quality and model detail as well as fullscreen and not-fullscreen.

Basically regardless of what resolution or graphics settings I put it on as soon as I hit PLAY it loads the spashscreen and then pops up the error message listed in the lasterrorlog.txt and when I hit OK it closes out.

I have a GTX 970 with 2 displays and I prefer to play on DISPLAY1 but I have tried putting it on both displays as well with the same error.

Thanks,
-TW
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2015 02:15 PM by Rasmus.)
23-07-2015 02:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
This happens when the font type-face is loaded into the game. In media\language\default.xml file you can see the text <typeface>Tahoma</typeface>. You can try changing "Tahoma" to "Arial" and see if that works (assuming you are using "English" as language). If this don't work I will add some extra error handling around this crash to get more information about what is causing it, but this will mean that you will have to try it again with the next upcoming version.

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
23-07-2015 02:14 PM
TransWorlder Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 0.9c - Crash on Game Load (D3DText)
(23-07-2015 02:14 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  This happens when the font type-face is loaded into the game. In media\language\default.xml file you can see the text <typeface>Tahoma</typeface>. You can try changing "Tahoma" to "Arial" and see if that works (assuming you are using "English" as language). If this don't work I will add some extra error handling around this crash to get more information about what is causing it, but this will mean that you will have to try it again with the next upcoming version.

Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!

Using Arial did not resolve the issue I will try again once the next update comes out.

Thanks,
-TW
25-07-2015 07:34 AM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Because of this bug being so old and no new reports has been made I move it to the "Old Bugs/Issues & Crashes", if this issue arises again a new topic should be made.
15-03-2016 10:53 AM