Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

What's Good on TV?
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

What's Good on TV?
There's a ton of junk out there wasting space, but every once in a while you come across a series worth watching. I've been really diggin this new series Mr. Robot on the USA Network. Anybody else watching it; what do you think? It's got a lot of Fight Club overtones, but I'm pretty happy how they portray hacking even though there are some things they have to dumb down for the non-tech crowd. There's sooooo many bad examples of hacking in movies in TV that make me just cringe to see them.
29-07-2015 01:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, hacking series or movies usually gets a little... unrealistic IMO Tongue
A friend of mine is watching Mr. Robot, he says it is pretty good, always want to see what is going to happen next. I haven't seen it yet though. Another computing serie that my friend recommends is "Halt & Catch Fire".

I want to recommend another series that have caught my attention, and that is the Australian series "Wentworth" which is a remake of the 80's "Prisoner". It is like "Orange is The New Black" but with a lot more drama Tongue

29-07-2015 07:23 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yeah, I almost forgot about Halt and Catch Fire. I'm behind on that one then. I'll have to check out Wentworth. This time of year there's not much in the way of running series until end of August/September time.
29-07-2015 11:15 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
It's not purely about hacking, but it's being done almost in every episode (I think even guy who use TOR was hacked), but with technology from 2077 in 2012 year. In general Continuum is about female Protector that want to prevent those who want to prevent world from being ruled completely by corporation to exist (and guess what, these are called terrorists, sounds familiar?). Well it's quite good sci-fi series anyway, however as I think corporations today are lobbying too much as I prefer not to fight with them by force and my first thought about this series was that it's just typical pro-corpo propaganda, but each next episode surprised me and changed my thinking:

Season 4th of this series will start in September this year.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2015 08:00 AM by Sebt.)
30-07-2015 07:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Well that should give me plenty of things to watch in the background while I'm working. Noticed the guy that played Bra'tac in Stargate SG-1 is in that trailer for Continuum.
30-07-2015 08:32 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: What's Good on TV?
(30-07-2015 08:32 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Well that should give me plenty of things to watch in the background while I'm working. Noticed the guy that played Bra'tac in Stargate SG-1 is in that trailer for Continuum.

Yes, he's the leader of the rebel group in Continuum. Also if you watched Andromeda series you'll notice that in Continuum one of the rebels in Andromeda is playing .. Andromeda - the holographic visualization of this ship in female form.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
31-07-2015 09:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wildmick Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
I have a tv. but haven't turned it on in 18months. Just no need anymore.. can watch anything i want online. I like reality tv shows.. and recently i've been watching the australian tv series "Dating in the dark". I"m a bit of a hopeless romantic and gives me a smile to see a happy couple find romance based on personality instead of physical appearance.
13-08-2015 09:37 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Interesting. I don't have much experience with Aussie TV programming, but I catch MasterChef each year. This year had some sick talent on it; can't wait till next year.
13-08-2015 10:04 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

I am not a huge TV guy myself, but I have discovered 'The 100' on Netflix and it has me hooked. Cool premise. Decent writing and acting.

Other than that I watch Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead. All the other shows I used to watch kept ending/getting cancelled...
25-08-2015 04:27 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Haven't seen the 100, may have to check it out. GoT and WD are pretty awesome; waiting for October to come around for a new season of ZOMBIES!!!
25-08-2015 07:53 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

(25-08-2015 04:27 PM)Xaos Wrote:  I am not a huge TV guy myself, but I have discovered 'The 100' on Netflix and it has me hooked. Cool premise. Decent writing and acting.

I haven't watched TV since I started the high school and I'm not going to do ever that when everything comes faster, without commercials, etc. in the Internet (and to not indoctrinate myself). Dodgy

So now I'm watching TV series in the Net and "The 100" is also on my 'already watching' list, and sigh, the next season is about start on 11.01.2016, but there are other series I'm watching now like Fallen Skies, Defiance, Dragon Ball Super (back to the roots!), Dark Matter (creators of Stargate series are making this one) so nothing I can complain about now. Also really can't wait for the next season of Continuum that starts in September this year, it really surprises me. Smile
25-08-2015 08:48 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
ยก [Image: 21qF1.gif] !
26-08-2015 01:47 AM