Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification I & S - CPU performance boost
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

I & S - CPU performance boost
It seems like since 0.9 was released some people have been having some performance issues. I traced it back to when introduced the surface world, and the issue was that with both the dungeon world and the surface world being updated it was a little bit too demanding for the computer. I solved this issue by threading the surface world.

I am sure there are other issues out there that can make the game run slow, but I would like to hear some more feedback about how the game is running for you now after the 0.9e release Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 10:30 AM by Sebt.)
10-08-2015 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
The only lag I got in 0.9d was when I made large rooms. What would be really cool is if we could extend the visible blocks past 40. That would cause some performance issues for lower-end PCs, but I am curious how far I could zoom out before I started having issues.
11-08-2015 06:44 PM
wildmick Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: CPU performance boost
(10-08-2015 10:25 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  It seems like since 0.9 was released some people have been having some performance issues. I traced it back to when introduced the surface world, and the issue was that with both the dungeon world and the surface world being updated it was a little bit too demanding for the computer. I solved this issue by threading the surface world.

I am sure there are other issues out there that can make the game run slow, but I would like to hear some more feedback about how the game is running for you now after the 0.9e release Smile

when i first started up 9e the edge scrolling was super sensitive and weeee.. screen zoomed off into the darkness.. might have to look to see what the shortcut is for centre screen on mother.

i have noticed a slowdown since v8. could it possibly be due to the minimap? i must admit i do prefer the old minimap coz i can see the blueprint of my dungeon better, and the current one doesn't really offer much until the humans have invaded from the 4 corners and you can see where you've made a road to those far reaching portals. to see the blueprint in the current version i have to set the view to topdown and zoom out.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 07:35 PM by wildmick.)
11-08-2015 07:34 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
The edge scrolling speed can be changed in the options menu, the slowdown you felt since the 0.8 version should mostly be related to the introduced surface world.

Hmm, I will add some options to the minimap so that you can zoom it out / in and be able to toggle what objects you want to see. And yeah, the humans are on the way Wink
11-08-2015 09:10 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
With the last 0.9e-(4-5) version you all should have noticed a pretty big CPU performance boost. Can anyone confirm this?
31-08-2015 01:27 PM