Guru O' Mello

RE:
May have to wait till tomorrow, it's been another long day. Sad
27-08-2015 11:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wildmick Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 2015.08.10 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9e released
(27-08-2015 09:58 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  0.9e-4 version released. Lets see if this one stands the tests this time Tongue

not as stable as previous 9e-3.

All was going well till i built a bar. the beer and bread would be delivered, then it went into a loop of the minions ferrying stuff back and forth to the bar.. but the values on the ground weren't increasing or decreasing. None of the beer and food was placed on the tables. I tried selling the blue flag tile.. that just moved the contents to a diff tile where the same thing happened again.

Additionally the game seemed slower. the creatures weren't moving as fast as with as much vigor, almost sluggish. the imps were reacting slower to dig commands and rooms seem to take forever to get the foundations down.
30-08-2015 11:38 AM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I will look into this and release another hotfix tomorrow. A save game where this is issue is reproducible would help a lot Smile
30-08-2015 08:24 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
And now the 0.9e-5 hotfix version has been released Smile As only one bug was discovered and I am fairly sure I fixed it without messing up anything else I will make an announcement of this release. I need to find a system for releasing hotfixes, I am not that fond of making a whole new article for a new release just because a bug has been fixed.
31-08-2015 01:25 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Usually companies makes a post on their social medias about any patch released or other thing that was bothering majority of players and has been fixed, so it's I would say a very good decision in a proper PR way. Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 03:57 PM by Sebt.)
31-08-2015 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
If you're using Steam exclusively, then you're going to automatically get the update, so I don't know that any notification would need to span the board of players, but perhaps instead, anyone who has subscribed to email updates you could just send a quick note via email that a hotfix has been posted. You wouldn't need to go into great detail about the solution, but it would a quick way to let people know if they are using the web download that a fix has been pushed out.

For that matter, the way versions are labeled could be changed so that you don't have to go through a good portion of the alphabet when you patch for bugs. Instead, each numbered version could have a list of goals to complete before the next major release is made. Major releases would have numbers like how we saw a major feature update from 4 to 5 in a multi layered dungeon, or the difference between 8 to 9 where 9 introduced the surface world. Maybe version 10 could have the goals of introducing more rooms with associated characters. Say this would have 6 phases each with their own set of goals so we would still have a letter for each phase (so A-F) and any bug patch would be like our current hotfix number (so 10a1, 10a2, 10a3...).

This way you would have an article on each phase you are working on, and there wouldn't be any need for a new article each time you make a round of bug fixes; only notify when a bug patch was available. Too, this approach would allow people to know what you're working on, and get an idea of what is left to do before the next major release. This will also keep the discussions focused on the current development instead of going off on tangents that may be applicable later in the development, but could very well be overlooked or forgotten.
31-08-2015 04:04 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

RE: 2015.08.31 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9e-5 released
just to add my 2 cents...

Don't think a new topic needs to be created for every fix. Just a single topic like you have here is quite enough.

This is an example of a changelog/updates page that sets the bar really high...

Day Z
31-08-2015 04:35 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Dear, dungeon lords, there's plenty of bugs that need to be confirmed as solved if you could help with checking them out, that will really help to make game fully stabile. Smile

(31-08-2015 04:35 PM)Xaos Wrote:  Don't think a new topic needs to be created for every fix. Just a single topic like you have here is quite enough.

This is an example of a changelog/updates page that sets the bar really high... Day Z

Yes, IMO info in a post appearance on social medias and under the main thread of the hotfixed version (including updating the first post of info about all hotfixes) is fair enough. Smile
That Day Z example is pretty good. Rasmus usually writes a list of things to do in next version, maybe it would be also a good idea to post them shortly in Changes & Fixes list?
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:44 PM by Sebt.)
01-09-2015 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I reported on 0.9 - Imps thinking too long..., 0.9e - Minions won't take items from rooms to Storage. looks to be solved, 0.9e4 - Bar not stocked confirmed, and 0.9 - Lake Portal is already marked solved. That last one can't be permanently cleared because there are no actions allowed on the surface to remove the water from the portal so right now this isn't a bug, it's by design.
01-09-2015 10:22 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Great to hear Mello, I saw others were also helping with bug confirmation, so I'm glad my message did get to some daredevils.

Only 5 bugs got to go and half of them seems to be with us for 0.8 version, so I think there's a high probability of having them already solved.

EDIT: All have been marked now as Solved & Confirmed, thanks for helping us out with all of these bugs! Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 08:22 AM by Sebt.)
02-09-2015 06:49 PM