Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification I & S - Rollback option
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

I & S - Rollback option
Option in launcher to play previous versions? For times like this (0.9e) when game is unplayable after 15mins. Not trying to be negative! Smile I understand development takes time hehe
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 10:37 PM by Sebt.)
13-08-2015 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackal Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: Rollback option.
I think this could be a good idea. For one Rasmus wouldn't be under so much pressure, also I've seen a couple of people in the forums that are trying out the demo and are still willing to buy the game, but I wonder how many have tried it and have decided to wait or just pass on it when they run into some of these bugs. So maybe if it wouldn't be so much trouble to add this option in the menu that all can see and a note that exclaim the game is under constant development and these bugs may occur or something.
13-08-2015 05:37 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
That's a great idea CCXI
13-08-2015 10:12 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
IMO good idea. That may require from game, whenever you're updating it to make a backup of those files which the new version will replace.
Then if you would like to downgrade the game the newer version files get backup and the backuped older version files will replace already existing files (however in case of upgrading I think that would be similar to that made for any other games - game will just upgrade version by version till it hit the latest one). So anytime you would like to upgrade or downgrade again the game you'll be able to do it thanks to having backuped files.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 10:36 PM by Sebt.)
13-08-2015 10:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jackal Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: I & S - Rollback option
Travitar mentioned putting beta opt-in option so we could test new patches for Rasmus if he needed, I forgot we could do that on steam, some of my other games have that and an option to choose previous more stable versions too. When you right click the game from the steam library and go to Properties they have a Betas tab at the the end and and different versions we could choose or just opt out from. I've also seen some games give an options to launch different versions when you start them from steam.
14-08-2015 08:11 AM
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

Before posting I checked steam, expecting to find some kind of versions rollback option. I didnt see it being possible. I think it would be best to have it obvious in the launcher.
14-08-2015 12:47 PM
Jackal Offline
Dungeon Lord

(14-08-2015 12:47 PM)CCXI Wrote:  Before posting I checked steam, expecting to find some kind of versions rollback option. I didnt see it being possible. I think it would be best to have it obvious in the launcher.

I think it just has to be added in by the devs. Some games have it like in 7 Days to Die you you can rollback like 10 versions back, and I know this other game I have -Wazhack theres a beta you can try for the next version and they are both accessed through the same Betas tab in properties.
14-08-2015 11:09 PM
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

That sounds cool Jackal. Ive never experienced that.
15-08-2015 03:22 AM
Jackal Offline
Dungeon Lord

You can check it out on Mount & Blade: Warband too, just right click it in your steam library and go to Properties, then you can see it has a Betas tab where you would be able to opt-in to whatever version, it has no other versions right now but just to show you what I'm talking about.
15-08-2015 12:15 PM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Atm I don't have a rollback option, I could have it manually from the website but that won't help the steam users. Let me get these versions out first and I will see what I can do, I agree that it is getting more and more necessary and that it should be handled from the launcher.
20-08-2015 12:44 PM
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
Cool thanks Rasmus!
20-08-2015 02:27 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Yes, if launcher had option for player to chose whether to play stabile and newest (possibly unstable) version that would solve the problem. Many new players don't want to join bughunting with us, but enjoy the game in it's fullest potential.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
21-08-2015 11:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I will look into this, but it feels like there should be some library out there that can be used for this as it is something that could be implemented on any game, if this is the case then it would save me a lot of time Smile
23-08-2015 09:00 PM