Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Baking table full
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

Baking table full
I am having trouble figuring out what is wrong with my cooking production chain. Here is the situation:

I have a large bar that is not being stocked with food. Drinks seem to be working fine, but not food. The baking tables seem to be in the completed stage (shown in the attached picture), but the imps aren't bringing the food to the bar. I thought maybe my storage room was full so I made a new giant storage room. I even had the other storage room empty out all food-related items to the new storage room. Then I linked all of the food production chain buildings to the new storage room. This didn't seem to fix anything.

My creatures are hungry...

Any help appreciated

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 06:55 AM by Xaos.)
25-08-2015 06:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Could you attach a savegame file if possible? Smile
25-08-2015 08:09 AM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

RE: Baking table full
(25-08-2015 08:09 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  Could you attach a savegame file if possible? Smile

attached

Attached File(s)
.zip  farrrrrr.zip (Size: 2,98 MB / Downloads: 3)
25-08-2015 04:21 PM
Ghostchase Offline
Lurking in the Gloom

*opens the hatch*

.o/ Xaos,

I've had a quicky look at the save file. The issue is quite simple (I think) - not enough water. You don't need that many baking tables or that size of farm for that many creatures... 2 or 3 tables would be plenty and about half the size of farm and 1 or 2 mills. You see, each plot of Antroot is 'stealing' water from the baking tables - they're fighting each other for resource and it looks like the farm is winning. Exclamation

I deleted 3 of the tables...moved the mill(s) to 1 mill outside the Storage and halved the farmland that was enough to crank out the bread - likely not for long as wells seem to be a bit 'twitchy' for me at the moment and 2 might not be enough, not too sure on that, but I never have excess water no matter how many wells I have - by design or glitch? Nothing runs dry, so I guess by design.

Turning off the farm for a while might fix it too short term, not tested that on your save though.

Hope that helps.

*slams the hatch*

GC

Edited for e-3 numbers and still a bit off but you get the idea. Not sure how many creatures it will support, but I've added a save file.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Save.zip (Size: 2,9 MB / Downloads: 1)
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 11:54 PM by Ghostchase.)
25-08-2015 07:23 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

(25-08-2015 07:23 PM)Ghostchase Wrote:  *opens the hatch*

.o/ Xaos,

I've had a quicky look at the save file. The issue is quite simple (I think) - not enough water. You don't need that many baking tables or that size of farm for that many creatures... 2 or 3 tables would be plenty and about half the size of farm and 1 or 2 mills. You see, each plot of Antroot is 'stealing' water from the baking tables - they're fighting each other for resource and it looks like the farm is winning. Exclamation

I deleted 3 of the tables...moved the mill(s) to 1 mill outside the Storage and halved the farmland that was enough to crank out the bread - likely not for long as wells seem to be a bit 'twitchy' for me at the moment and 2 might not be enough, not too sure on that, but I never have excess water no matter how many wells I have - by design or glitch? Nothing runs dry, so I guess by design.

Turning off the farm for a while might fix it too short term, not tested that on your save though.

Hope that helps.

*slams the hatch*

GC

Edited for e-3 numbers and still a bit off but you get the idea. Not sure how many creatures it will support, but I've added a save file.

Thanks for the tips, but that doesn't really explain why imps aren't taking the finished bread to the bar...
26-08-2015 01:48 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
This is a bug. I'm seeing it too.
26-08-2015 01:56 AM
Ghostchase Offline
Lurking in the Gloom

*waves from the open hatch*

Ah I see, in the picture and save game I didn't see finished bread just wood and flour in there. To cure that I did as I said and production continued.

I'll load it up again after work and take another look.

Apologies if I've misunderstood the issue.

*bolts the hatch*

GC

Took a look just now...I linked the storage to DM added 2 wells + mills and that cured it too, the imps took the bread. I've added my save of yours here, see if it works or the imps still don't deliver.

Attached File(s)
.zip  farrrrrrA.zip (Size: 2,92 MB / Downloads: 0)
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 09:25 AM by Ghostchase.)
26-08-2015 09:00 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
I have checked the save game. I would probably call this a priority issue. I noticed that the storage room that was supposed to transport the bread from the cookery room to the bar room had about 26 workers, and all of them was busy transporting items from the other storage room to their own storage room. To solve this issue (with the current version) you need to either wait for all the items to be moved between the storage rooms, or cancel the "take out of storage" option from the other storage room.

The problem here is that we have 2000+ jobs saying that your imps should move rocks etc. out of the other storage, and 9 jobs saying that your imps should collect the bread from the cookery room. Right now the jobs are being randomly chosen, I think I need to give the transportation jobs some priorities. First of I think that I need to make it random what room should be prioritized, in that way the non-storage rooms gets as prioritized as the storage rooms, then from that I need to make it so that the item type gets randomly chosen, in that way all the item types gets the same chance to get transported out of the rooms even if there are 100+ antroots and only 5 flours in on the floor waiting to be transported out of the room. This should make the design of the dungeon more important for a good productivity.
26-08-2015 09:33 AM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

I had this issue before I created the large storage room and set the other storage room to empty out. I was thinking there was originally some sort of issue where there was no storage space left so the imps were getting stuck on a task, which is why I started messing with the storage rooms. I had a bunch of imps just standing around. They weren't taking the finished bread to the bar.

Do the imps have a cleanup script? What I mean is, if an imp is trying to do something and can't do it, will they stop trying to do whatever it is and move on to something else? I know that there are times where imps get trapped somewhere due to cave in or other mechanics that I didn't realize. Do these trapped imps break production chains?

<edit>

I just had a thought... Can you implement some way of manually setting priorities on a room? Could be in the info pane for each room. Can be a toggle-type of thing where it can either be OFF, Normal Priority, High Priority. Not sure how tough this will be, but I think it could be useful, especially when you start having a lot of imps.
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 03:59 PM by Xaos.)
26-08-2015 03:30 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

I have released the new 0.9e-4 version now, could you check if the bug is still active? It should work smoothly now Smile

(26-08-2015 03:30 PM)Xaos Wrote:  Do the imps have a cleanup script? What I mean is, if an imp is trying to do something and can't do it, will they stop trying to do whatever it is and move on to something else? I know that there are times where imps get trapped somewhere due to cave in or other mechanics that I didn't realize. Do these trapped imps break production chains?

If the imps can't reach their destination of can't do the job then the job should be cancelled. This can be confirmed when you look at a imps task history (in the creatures menu).

(26-08-2015 03:30 PM)Xaos Wrote:  I just had a thought... Can you implement some way of manually setting priorities on a room? Could be in the info pane for each room. Can be a toggle-type of thing where it can either be OFF, Normal Priority, High Priority. Not sure how tough this will be, but I think it could be useful, especially when you start having a lot of imps.

Perhaps... I just want to see if I can get rid of these nasty production chain bugs first Smile
27-08-2015 11:21 PM