Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game Crying Icon
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

Crying Icon
Can someone tell me what the blood tear-Imp icon means (attached Pic). I see this a lot but not sure what it is trying to tell me.

Thank you

Attached File(s)
.png  Crying.png (Size: 14,66 KB / Downloads: 34)
28-08-2015 04:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
That is sweating, the workload is above 90% Wink Perhaps I need another icon as more creatures than the imps can work in the rooms.
28-08-2015 12:37 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

RE: Crying Icon
(28-08-2015 12:37 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  That is sweating, the workload is above 90% Wink Perhaps I need another icon as more creatures than the imps can work in the rooms.

Might I suggest something more generic such as:
Weight

maybe with a 90% on it? Done up in your wicked dwelvers style...
31-08-2015 02:15 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I don't know I kinda like the sweating Imp, but perhaps the Imp image could change to reflect stress. That way it would be clear that they were overworked, that and change the sweat color so it is more recognizable. Someone could think that's blood which kinda makes sense to if they 'work their fingers to the bone'. Tongue
31-08-2015 04:08 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Crying Icon
(31-08-2015 02:15 PM)Xaos Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 12:37 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  That is sweating, the workload is above 90% Wink Perhaps I need another icon as more creatures than the imps can work in the rooms.

Might I suggest something more generic such as:
Weight

maybe with a 90% on it? Done up in your wicked dwelvers style...

Hmm, I like it more than the sweating to be honest. But I still think it leaves some confusion. The Zzz image for when they are not overworked is obvious enough, but I will probably change it so that the imp head is not there with it.

(31-08-2015 04:08 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I don't know I kinda like the sweating Imp, but perhaps the Imp image could change to reflect stress. That way it would be clear that they were overworked, that and change the sweat color so it is more recognizable. Someone could think that's blood which kinda makes sense to if they 'work their fingers to the bone'. Tongue

Do you have any suggestions on what a image like that would look like? Remember that I don't want a imp in the image because we will have several creature types. Or I could have the shadow of an creature in the image perhaps...
02-09-2015 03:06 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

RE:
I think maybe just adding tooltips to all gui elements will solve most of the problems of this nature.
02-09-2015 05:24 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
(02-09-2015 03:06 PM)Rasmus Wrote:  Do you have any suggestions on what a image like that would look like? Remember that I don't want a imp in the image because we will have several creature types. Or I could have the shadow of an creature in the image perhaps...

At the moment no. I was thinking of just adding a facial expression that portrayed exhaustion, but since you don't want the image to be of an Imp, then I don't know how you'd incorporate that into a shadow of a creature.
02-09-2015 06:30 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
So these are the icons I came up with, what do you think?

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Idle.png[/IMG]

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Overload.png[/IMG]
05-09-2015 11:23 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
What about this icon?

[Image: 54973651.jpg]

But to be serious that would be a very funny idea to add an animation of sweating all over on creature face and that face can be in half becoming red of tiredness when the workload is super high. I like more the gear wheels icon much more as also I think the icon could show those gear wheels overheating with steam not just being little red.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 10:06 PM by Sebt.)
05-09-2015 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yeah I think that's a good way to have an indicator which works for any room.
05-09-2015 03:54 PM