Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feature Upgrade Creature Idea - Evil mice
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Creature Idea - Evil mice
So I got a new mouse model from BurningPet, he thought it should look more evil Tongue

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/MillEvilMouse.jpg[/IMG]

And of course, we can't have mice just popping up in the mill without including them in the game:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/FreeRoamingMouse.jpg[/IMG]

These mice are very squishy so watch your creatures step:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/SquishTheMouse.jpg[/IMG]

But as long as they don't get stepped on and squished they can be trapped in these high-tech mousetraps:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/MouseTrap.jpg[/IMG]

So the idea here is that the mill will cost 2 mice to build from now on. But I was also thinking about using these captured mice as a quick and a low-quality food source, after they have been barbecued of course.

Mice in the dungeon will be generated more frequently where there are less creatures. So the mouse traps should be placed at the borders of the dungeon for maximum productivity.

What do you think?
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 04:36 PM by Sebt.)
18-09-2015 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Rat as food? Well, I googled "rostered rat", enter images and.... I'll never do it again.. Dodgy

Interesting idea, I wonder how would it work in competitive multiplayer battles with rats as engine-powering creatures, that may slow a little gameplay when Mill is one of the most basic room device, cages would need to be available at the earliest state of a game. Hmm, actually that idea could be used for various other engine-needing structures if we won't have any other power sources (like Managnetite I suggested for powering up Golems). Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2015 04:36 PM by Sebt.)
18-09-2015 04:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David Bacuvka Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
nice idea, not sure about the model though, liked the old one more, what is that anyway? rat with thorns? more than evil, it looks broken

anyway looking forward to more engine(rat) based structures
19-09-2015 06:48 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Creature Idea - Evil mice
(18-09-2015 04:32 PM)Sebt Wrote:  Hmm, actually that idea could be used for various other engine-needing structures if we won't have any other power sources (like Managnetite I suggested for powering up Golems). Smile

Yeah definitely, but we will see how far we can stretch it. I don't want the whole game production to rely on how many mice there are in the dungeon.

(19-09-2015 06:48 PM)David Bacuvka Wrote:  nice idea, not sure about the model though, liked the old one more, what is that anyway? rat with thorns? more than evil, it looks broken

anyway looking forward to more engine(rat) based structures

You will have to see it in action. Me personally like the new model model more, but I would like to know if you keep the same opinion after you played it with the new mouse model. About the thorns, nothing in Dwelvers has a normal look, so a mouse with thorns shouldn't be that far stretched.
21-09-2015 01:11 PM
CCXI Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
I think the new rats are too pink.
22-09-2015 10:42 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm, truly noted. It can easily be changed if more complaints comes up after the next version is released.
23-09-2015 05:28 PM
UfoL Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
i think they look a bit naked with that pink color. Maybe it is possible to provide some random variation to those mice? For example on would be brown, orther black, another mixed white-brown-black, and some rare, especially nasty ones would run pink-naked to show their infernal character. What do you think?
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2015 04:25 AM by UfoL.)
29-09-2015 04:25 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, I like that. It should be easy enough to just change the textures.
30-09-2015 03:36 PM