Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feature Upgrade Creature Mechanic - Favourite foods
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

Creature Mechanic - Favourite foods
As I talked about in this topic I wanted to make it so that all creatures has their own favourite food, and this is how I solved it:

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Efficency.png[/IMG]

(SOME OF THE ICONS FOR THE STATS IN THE SCREENSHOT WILL BE CHANGED, THEY ARE CURRENTLY BORROWED FROM THE INTERNET)

As you also may see I remade the menu to fit these new needs Smile

In the screenshot we see all the icons representing different stats, the stats are still the same as before with some exceptions. The damage icon (The sword) displays a multiplication of damage and attack-speed instead of showing them separately, so now we just call it Damage per second (DPS).

To the left of the Sword icon we now have an efficiency stat, the damage, defense and resistance is multiplied by the efficiency. So a high efficiency means higher survivability. The efficiency is affected by the creatures needs, if the creature gets hungry, tired or are sobering up the efficiency will decrease. The only thing that can increase the efficiency above 100% is if the creature gets its favourite food as seen in the screenshot.

What favourite food the creature have is clearly shown by what food icon the creature have.

So what do you think?
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 10:45 AM by Sebt.)
24-09-2015 05:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Pretty nifty. Love the efficiency boost from favorite foods so does that apply to all tasks or just combat?
24-09-2015 06:03 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
At the moment just combat. Hmm, I could make it so that the time it takes for a job such as antroots to grow gets divided with the creatures efficiency.

2 minutes / 125%(1,25) = 96 seconds.
24-09-2015 06:29 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yeah, that sounds like a plan
24-09-2015 10:14 PM
UfoL Offline
Realm Conqueror

RE:
well fed creature could also tire more slowly. Ya know - nutrient rich food will keep you on foot for longer, right?
29-09-2015 04:14 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE: Favourite foods
(29-09-2015 04:14 AM)UfoL Wrote:  well fed creature could also tire more slowly. Ya know - nutrient rich food will keep you on foot for longer, right?

Yeah, but I don't want to intertwine the needs too much so that one need will be dependent of another, lets see how this goes at first.
30-09-2015 03:34 PM