Help Register

Dwelvers Journal 2015.10.23 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9f-2 released
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

2015.10.23 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9f-2 released
2015.10.23 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9f-2 released

Preview:

Dwelvers alpha v0.9f-2 has now been released and is available for download at the Dwelvers Website and on Steam.

This last version is a real step upwards for Dwelvers, we have new creatures, better battle mechanics, skills, new buildings, new foods, favourite foods and much much more. One of the most fun new features IMO is the new creature skills, they makes it much more fun to level up creatures as they get much better at defending your dungeon at certain levels. The new battle wave timer at the evil meter will also make it much more challenging to keep your dungeon intact. It will show you how long it will take until the next attack and it will show how hard it will hit you, so you better get prepared and start barbecuing some mice, because you may just have to barricade your self with traps for a long time. Have fun playing and don't forget to come with suggestions to us on how you would like to see the development of the game progress. As you can see in the change log below the top news a lot of player suggested game mechanics and features has been included in this version.

New creature - The peasant

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/PeasantsWithPitchfork.jpg[/IMG]

This topic is about the Peasant.

Read more & join discussion about this here...

Glowing mushroom

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/GlowingMushrooms.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the glowing mushrooms.

New paint job in cookery room

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/NewTextures.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the new paint job in the cookery room.

Favourite foods

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Efficency.png[/IMG]

This topic is about creatures now having favourite foods.

Evil mice and mouse traps

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/MouseTrap.jpg[/IMG]

This topic is about the Evil mice and mouse traps.

Barbecuing

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Barbeque.png[/IMG]

This topic is about Barbecuing.

Creature skills

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/Skills.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the new Creature skills.

Icons for quick jumping to battles

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/QuickJumpIconsV2.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the new icons for quick jumping to battles.

Battle waves

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/TimeLeftUntilNextWave.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the new battle waves.

Surface territory

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/SurfaceTerritory.png[/IMG]

This topic is about the player being able to own territory on the surface.

Dwelvers 0.9f-2 version released!

To download it go to Dwelvers website and log in to your account. Once this is done a new tab leading to the Members page should have become available.
Here you can download the latest version.

Changelog - Alpha 0.9f:

See what was changed & fixed in previous versions here...

Get involved!

Buy it or try out the demo on Steam:
[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/BuyOnSteam.png[/IMG]

Buy it from the Dwelvers website:
[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/BuyOnWebsite2.png[/IMG]

Download the demo from IndieDB:
[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/DownloadDemo.png[/IMG]

(This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 04:31 PM by Sebt.)
22-10-2015 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Look how much changes was done with this version. List of them is humongous! Big Grin
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2015 05:15 PM by Sebt.)
22-10-2015 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, a lot of changes Big Grin And I have been better on logging my work as well. I will try to make my personal to-do list more public in the future.
22-10-2015 05:26 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Well, time to get crackin' huh? Fortunately it's a slow day at the office. Gonna get to it, do it.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2015 07:39 PM by Mello Tonin.)
22-10-2015 07:39 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Dwelvers Alpha Version F2 released, the low tex quality texture bug was fixed and I also fixed an issue with the lines in the item graphs being all jagged up.

These are the bugs that currently need confirmation that they have been solved Smile

Solved, but need confirmation (from players)
※ If you could reproduce any of these and confirm they're solved or not you'll help us developing this game faster!
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 09:18 AM by Rasmus.)
23-10-2015 09:10 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Been playing the new version a lot today... Maybe, just maybe I made the game a little bit to hard Confused

A word of advice, once a tunnel has been dug out by the enemy, use pressure pads and dynamite to block it of. That can buy you a lot of time Tongue
23-10-2015 01:59 PM
gbo Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 2015.10.23 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9f-2 released
Amazing work Rasmus and artists! And great players suggestions too, the new features are exciting!
23-10-2015 06:19 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
LOL @Ras, yeah I was scrambling to upgrade creatures and expand while dealing with wave after wave after wave...I decided to just claim each portal as they got used. Had to go to bed before I could determine if that strategy worked.
23-10-2015 07:45 PM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
@Mello: That could actually work, taking over all the portals would be an very efficient way win the game Big Grin

I also wanted to share this that I wrote on the steam forum after I got some really great suggestions:

What I will fix ASAP:
1. More iron - We need iron to make training rooms and survive the waves.
2. When enemies arrive through the portal, don't clump them all together by releasing them all at once.
3. Default game play should be that the waves are not getting stronger unless the player starts expanding and claiming portals. Then we can have a "power rush" game-play where they keep on coming like now and the player can see how far he can make it.
4. The enemies should not know the direct way to the base unless the player has revealed himself (part of point 3). I will keep the timer up there for now to keep the game play simple and give the player as much info as possible. But the timer and strength of the enemies will depend on point 3.

Additional things I will add to the to-do list:
1. Patrolling enemies between some portals, I love that idea!
2. Enemies will come from the surface down through the portals, so when enemies are released they are released on the surface with a specific portal in mind to descend through. This could make it easier for the player because he could get an heads up from where the enemies are coming and can therefore prepare his forces.
3. Guard rooms - very important right now!
4. Traps - They need to be improved, right now there are a little to messy to use. I usually just build pressure pads and dynamite to clean up the waves.

So that is what is on my todo list atm, I will release the ASAP version tomorrow, and work on the additional features next week and try to get the 2:nd version out before the end of that week.

If there is anything else I should add that could make the current game experience better and that are doable within this timeframe please let me know Smile

You can read more about this here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/276870/dis...543856356/
24-10-2015 11:50 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: 2015.10.23 - Dwelvers Alpha 0.9f-2 released
(24-10-2015 11:50 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  1. More iron - We need iron to make training rooms and survive the waves.

With this I have some problem - I mean we could seen many posts about - more wood, less wood, more iron, less coal etc. but what if resources could also be recycled too (a little part of the initial item cost, some of cost resources could not be recycled, especially rare ones)? From different items that drops from different places, pieces of armor we don't need anymore or found on dead enemies - we could get some of them after being thrown into some furnace and there being recast, ready to use to build or craft something else. Usually underground resources are quite scarce and player should be more caution on his spends.

(24-10-2015 11:50 AM)Rasmus Wrote:  3. Default game play should be that the waves are not getting stronger unless the player starts expanding and claiming portals. Then we can have a "power rush" game-play where they keep on coming like now and the player can see how far he can make it.

This seams reasonable - I still remember one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult at all) mission number 17 in DK 1 campaign where as more time goes as more heroes were spawned - especially even more when you dig out to heroes chambers, but I think that is how should evil meter work too - surface enemies knowing about our growing presence sensing increasing danger also increases their power that will clash with underworld monstrosities. So that make incoming enemies more powerful and diverse. Smile
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 11:29 PM by Sebt.)
24-10-2015 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I like the idea of recycling to recover raw materials. If you could set the amount of a particular armor/weapon was retained in storage, then excesses could be converted back to raw materials.
25-10-2015 07:30 PM
simrobert2001 Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE:
I think the problem with iron/coal/wood is that its not evenly dispursed. One direction would provide and entire game's worth of iron, coal, wood, ect, while another is more barren than the spinniest spinster that has ever spun.
26-10-2015 12:28 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
@Sebt: I also like the recycle option, perhaps making a building in the metal works room for this Smile
@simrobert2001: I think you are on to something there. I will make it more evenly distributed.
26-10-2015 08:44 AM