Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feedback/Modification Environment Mechanic - Disjoined Claimed Space
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

Environment Mechanic - Disjoined Claimed Space
When you place a ladder or bridge, it sets claimed spaces around it when it is not connected to a claimed area. This could make it far too easy to spread your area without having to claim the area between your core claimed area and say the far end of the dungeon.

[Image: 24aUU.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 11:34 AM by Sebt.)
07-11-2015 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm, but this works with rooms as well, you can build anything outside the claimed area. Is this something that you think should change? Perhaps have it so that a room or building at least have to be somewhat connected to the territory?
09-11-2015 08:59 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I think if you're going to expand and add a room away from the dungeon, then you should have to have a claimed path to it. When it gets to the point where we will need to overtake an enemy base, being able to place a room tile close to it would make it far too easy to establish a foothold without having to work to claim the area between and vice versa.

I don't really think that bridges or ladders on their own should place a claimed space at all in front or behind it, but I see that a bridge should once built be a claimed tile. If we look at how this was done in DK, you would have to have claimed tiles before you could build a bridge. I think that makes much more sense instead of being able to place things wherever.
09-11-2015 05:03 PM
simrobert2001 Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: 0.9f-3 - Disjoined Claimed Space
(09-11-2015 05:03 PM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I think if you're going to expand and add a room away from the dungeon, then you should have to have a claimed path to it. When it gets to the point where we will need to overtake an enemy base, being able to place a room tile close to it would make it far too easy to establish a foothold without having to work to claim the area between and vice versa.

I don't really think that bridges or ladders on their own should place a claimed space at all in front or behind it, but I see that a bridge should once built be a claimed tile. If we look at how this was done in DK, you would have to have claimed tiles before you could build a bridge. I think that makes much more sense instead of being able to place things wherever.

The problem is: How do you get to the trading points so they stop re-spawning the guards? That system would have to be changed as well. Really, sometimes the only way to claim a maze, or a spawn point is to simply put a room next to it, and let your minions claim from there.
11-11-2015 10:52 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I've been just rally rushing and claiming along the way. I haven't had really any problems stopping the spawns on easy. You just have to not care about having a haphazard dungeon while you build up to train in between waves. It doesn't leave any time for anything else and you will lose some to hunger. I'm sure the spawn timers will be refined later. As it stands now it's probably just to prove the mechanic first.
12-11-2015 01:31 AM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
This bug report is not on the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes and has not assigned status yet. Tongue
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy - The feasible plan to get rid of scarcity, poverty, and other incoming global issues.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2016 12:43 PM by Sebt.)
13-03-2016 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Thank you for bumping this Sebt, I've had some mixed opinions about if this is a bug or not. For me it is a game mechanics change suggestion which I totally agree on. Mello found a weak point in the current system and I will add it to my own to-do list.

Moved topic to suggestions and feedback.
14-03-2016 10:25 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
What I would suggest is that things like bridges and ladders don't claim tiles on their own, but rather you have to have claimed tiles adjacent to them and when one is built it becomes claimed space as roads do. It wouldn't seem too out of the way to build a road out to a distant location to claim since this is more advantageous anyways as far as travel goes.

Also instead of bridges and roads being destroyed perhaps they could just be claimed as in many other games of this type. Once you have them claimed then you can sell them off to remove if need be. It would also be nice if there was a way to remove claimed space especially in the case of bridges where it leaves the claimed space behind. Kinda looks weird having red dashes on top of just water or lava.
14-03-2016 04:17 PM