Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Not solved yet 0.9f-3 - Bats Flock to Portals
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

0.9f-3 - Bats Flock to Portals
All the bats on the map flocked to this one portal and stayed there.

[Image: 24bf3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2017 07:54 AM by Rasmus.)
07-11-2015 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
09-11-2015 09:05 AM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: 0.9f-3 - Bats Flock to Portals
In version 0.10 I encountered a flock of bats stock in one in completely random(?) place like here:

[Image: 11ucn45.jpg]

or there (all of them flies in one place, even that orphan on the left):

[Image: rhlqpi.jpg]

I'm not sure what attracted them to these places. First screenshot shows a place where there was lava before on lowest level (I had need to place the highest amount of rock blocks to remove the lava from this tile), the second one may have contained a treasure box. I also saw once 2-3 bats flying in one place together somewhere near my newly discovered area. It seems our digging influence their behaviour somehow.

Moreover bats seems to change place each time when I discover a way to new portal to the surface world and goes to that portal. All of bats that could reach earlier my dungeon goes together to that newly discovered portal and stays there until I dig out to another new portal (I've tried even to move them by placing blocks on them, but they only have been moved by collision altogether to another free place. Take a look on the first picture and than when I've dug out to the portal nearby they were starting to fly to that portal). Saving and loading the game doesn't fix that issue:

[Image: 2vlsh8k.jpg]

and than stops at newly discovered portal:

[Image: 339ujaf.jpg]

IMPORTANT EDIT UPDATE:

I found that bats change their position each time I discover any new area like Impanzee room, Cyclotaur maze or even small cavern near water. That mean that each new area is discovered or made (like I made earth blocks on lava).

I attach some pictures that will show how that process were going:

Just dug out to small space behind the wall and later to the small Impanzee Room. Bats stayed there for a while until I dug out into the another walkable empty area:

[Image: 2h7hxxx.jpg]

Immediately after I destroyed the maze entrance door bats started to fly into the Maze's west side and have stopped there in one place:

[Image: 2805t9j.jpg]

Bats in Maze after I discovered another new Impanzee Room (maybe the were blocked in this place because of that old bug that was blocking creatures at walls i Cyclotaur Maze?):

[Image: 2072fqr.jpg]

Bats left the portal, however some of them were still flying there where the rest of bast changed their position.

[Image: 21oxxkj.jpg]

Bats flew to the newly discovered Impanzee Room:

[Image: jz6wle.jpg]

Bats went to the maze again because I discovered it's central area previously hidden behind the door:

[Image: 261gksx.jpg]

Bats that previously was occupying Portal now gone (now they are in the Maze like it is shown in the picture above):

[Image: jb7952.jpg]

Bats found their favourite spot to settle:

[Image: xnu5wo.jpg]

Bats are also no longer in newly discovered Impanzee Room:

[Image: 34fe9z8.jpg]

As you can see something attracts them to these places.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 12:40 PM by Sebt.)
09-11-2017 11:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Solved with the next version
12-11-2017 08:38 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Sometimes maybe a one bat will stay in newly discovered place, but I still manage to see this too:

[Image: 5lsyn8.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 06:55 PM by Sebt.)
13-11-2017 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Ok, back to being unsolved!
14-11-2017 07:54 AM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: 0.9f-3 - Bats Flock to Portals
I think I found an issue. Bats are not only creatures that flock to portals and I could check this thanks to Idle mechanism.

Take a look on these pictures:

My creatures are occupying Portal that was claimed be me:
[Image: wtc8zo.jpg]

This one actually was not claimed by me, however some of my creatures gather there
[Image: 23sewp1.jpg]

Now the more funny stuff:

Creatures not related to the Rooms are gathering at the blue Room Flag. They all have status "Idle" and no rally flags have been placed:

Storage Room:
[Image: 30coowo.jpg]

Prison:
[Image: 2czdfcx.jpg]

Let's now look why exactly in that corner of the prison - the reason why is that Prison also have it's own blue Room flag, but it is not being seen in game. Behind the first door that were made for this Prison (they're not any more, but I showed their previous position - in the picture below look at where I have mouse cursor, I choose door blueprint to mark where first doors were placed) game haven't changed the place for storing prisoners, so no matter where I put door knocked out enemies will always be stored in that corner. See picture below:

[Image: 2dwdf6q.jpg]

And yes, Catacombs also have that hidden blue Room flag set in the middle of these guys (so it's not affecting mine creature but all in dungeons):

[Image: 2888ehe.jpg]

Conclusion:
I think each room in the game, including Portal has it's own mechanism working like blue Room flag. Even if you can set that flag doesn't mean that something like that is already generated by the game. Thus, for some reason all creatures in Idle state are going to random places in which some kind of blue flags are placed there - visible or invisible - they works like rally flags for Idle creatures.
The easiest way to check this is by capturing and creating a bug driller or knight - they can walk to every room when idle.

EDIT:

It seems enemy units that cannot dig tiles seems to lock on Portals when have either path blocked or have troubles with finding a path to me, so they will move only if my creatures get really close to them:

[Image: rtqf77.jpg]
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 09:10 PM by Sebt.)
14-11-2017 09:55 PM