2016.02.19 - One week left until Dwelvers Kickstarter
During the last week Ben, James and I have been listening to all the feedback that’s been coming in from all the social forums about the Dwelvers upcoming Kickstarter campaign. The feedback has been great and we have tried to please as many people as possible with our changes to the campaign.
You can check out the Kickstarter preview here.
But we need more feedback!
It’s only one week left until the Kickstarter campaign starts and it’s important that everything is in order and as good as possible until then; therefore I’d like to ask you:
- Do you think the description of Dwelvers works well for both someone who’s never played a dungeon lord game before, and those that have?
- Do you feel like we managed to mention the key features of Dwelvers and distinguish it from similar games, or is there something else we should mention?
- We added a few DLCs to spice up the rewards on the Kickstarter. The DLCs are all decorative and will not change the mechanics of the game. Do you think that the DLCs are attractive enough for both existing and new players to pick a few of them up in order to support the develoment of the game? Should the DLCs include more/less and/or should the prices be adjusted? Should we replace any of the DLCs with something you think would have a greater success?
- There’s a bunch of stretch goals added in the Kickstarter and a few of them are things I really want implemented no matter how the Kickstarter turns out. The Kickstarter however, can secure the funding for me to work on the game full time until the features are implemented.
- What do you think about the stretch goals listed? Is there something unclear about them? Is there any additional stretch goals you’d like to be added?
- The financial breakdowns should bring clarity to how my economy has been since I started working on Dwelvers up until now, and it should show why the Kickstarter is needed and how it will help me being able to work on Dwelvers full time. Is the financial breakdown clear or do you feel that there’s still some questions unanswered regarding the economy?
- We’ve added a bunch of screenshots to show people what Dwelvers is, we’d like to know if any of you have any cool screenshots you’d like to share that we can use on our Kickstarter?
- How do you feel about the rewards? Is the pricing ok? Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- Why do I have two rubber ducks on my monitor?
What is Thunderclap?
Last post I mentioned Thunderclap which will help us reach a broader audience with the help of people who’d like to support the campaign. It was my friend James, who’s helping me with the Kickstarter campaign, that told me about it. Before he mentioned it I knew nothing about it and had no clue it even existed and I figure there might be more like me amongst you that still don’t know and need some additional information before committing to helping us via it.
The way Thunderclap works is that we need to get 100 people to sign up to support Dwelvers, otherwise the Thunderclap campaign fails and nothing happens. If we do however get 100 or more supporters, the Thunderclap succeeds! This means that each person that supported the Thunderclap will have their social medias they signed up with, post ONCE about the Kickstarter campaign.
This way you and everyone you know will get notified when the Kickstarter campaign goes live and will be able to check it out as soon as possible.
If we get enough people to check it out once it goes live, and to support the Kickstarter, it will give the rest of the Kickstarter campaign a better outcome. So please, support the Thunderclap campaign so that we can kickstart our Kickstarter campaign with a loud BOOM!
You can check out the Thunderclap link here.
Join us in the Let's Play livestream
We’d love for all of you to join us when I and James play Dwelvers via our livestream. James hasn’t played the game before and will ask a lot of questions regarding the basic game play and we’ll also talk about the future of the game. If we’re lucky, Ben might join us via Skype as well. During the livestream you’ll be able to ask questions regarding the game and discuss any of the game mechanics. The stream will be available via the link below the 27th of February at 19:00 / 07:00 PM (GMT+1), which is one hour before the Kickstarter goes live. We’ll try to keep the stream online for 2 hours.
Dwelvers Let's Play will be streamed here.
What is our plan from now?
Before the Kickstarter starts we’ll try to reach all the people that have reviewed Dwelvers at some point and ask them for help with spreading the word about the Kickstarter campaign; hopefully the response will be positive and they’ll help us.
We’ll also spend a lot of time going through the Kickstarter a 5th time once we’ve got additional feedback from you guys.
During Monday we’ll need to send the campaign to the Kickstarter team for approval and during that time we’ll be preparing for the Let’s Play that we are doing during the start of the Kickstarter campaign. I need to keep James off Dwelvers so that he hasn’t any past experience playing the game before we go live.
So what do you think? We would love to hear your feedback!