Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Feature Upgrade I & S - Unreachable warning
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

I & S - Unreachable warning
If a block is unreachable but are still selected to be dug out, then it will be highlighted in red color instead of cyan color. This should make it easier for the player to know if something is wrong.

[IMG]replace_photbucket_link/WarnWhenNotReachable.png[/IMG]

Please tell us what you think about this Smile
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 11:34 AM by Sebt.)
09-03-2016 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
I've found this to be helpful, but sometimes when a digger is cut off from the dungeon path and still has a path to dig the tiles, they will still show up red. Not sure how difficult it would be to make this work in sections rather than basing access on general pathing, or if that would be a good idea as that still shows there isn't a path for the rest of your creatures to get there.
14-03-2016 04:08 AM
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm, right now it is based on storage rooms, I will also make it so that it is based on if creatures can reach it. That would make more sense Tongue
14-03-2016 10:49 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Maybe that could be an option with a check box? General pathing vs Individual pathing. I could see where it may be helpful to let you know why only a couple creatures are digging in a certain location, or why an Imp that should be able to teleport to a job is just standing around. Looks like teleport is based on whether or not they have a clear path to the destination.
14-03-2016 04:08 PM
Xaos Offline
Digger of the depths

RE: Unreachable warning
(14-03-2016 04:08 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  I've found this to be helpful, but sometimes when a digger is cut off from the dungeon path and still has a path to dig the tiles, they will still show up red. Not sure how difficult it would be to make this work in sections rather than basing access on general pathing, or if that would be a good idea as that still shows there isn't a path for the rest of your creatures to get there.

I have actually found this to be very helpful in that it lets you know you have stuck creatures. Perhaps it would be better if there was some kind of indicator on the creature itself to let you know that it is stuck, along with an associated 'one of your creatures is whining about something' quick jump message...
14-03-2016 09:05 PM