Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Solved, but need confirmation 0.9g2 - Creature Flag Ignored
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

0.9g2 - Creature Flag Ignored
Many of the creatures rallied with a creature flag ignore it completely. Only some respond to it.
(This post was last modified: Today 02:38 PM by Rasmus.)
13-03-2016 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
14-03-2016 10:33 AM
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Really good that you noticed this bug, I made a big mistake that made the squad and creature type rally flag very low prio for the creatures.

Solved with the next version!
15-03-2016 06:51 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
It's still the case, however it's again IMO a fault of prioritization mechanism - some Piggehs had still worked at Cookery Room as well as orcs in Metalworks Room - until they finished their work. I had to move them manually by selecting them with mouse and order to move near the flag.
On the other hand creatures that did training in Training Room answered to the rally flag call.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 04:41 PM by Sebt.)
11-11-2017 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
How is this one working for you now Sebt when you know that the creatures just have to finish their jobs?
12-11-2017 09:18 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
That I should know the importance of finished work first. Big Grin

OK, this one is interesting. Always 2 of 11 Orcs, 1 of 10 Piggehs, 1 of 10 Impanzees that I had ignored rally flag, the rest of creatures (Cyclotaur, Driller, Rouge, Fishman - however these I had less than 10, but that may not be the case) followed the Rally Flag - so those that are not working in any rooms with room props like Piggeh with Baker Table or Orc with Iron Smelter - will all answer the call.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 09:51 PM by Sebt.)
12-11-2017 09:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Hmm, there could be other reasons as well. If a creature is wounded, very tired or very hungry they will also ignore the rally flag. But I will look into it closer soon.
12-11-2017 10:04 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE: 0.9g2 - Creature Flag Ignored
It may be the case, wounded will be healing themselves until certain amount of HP which is actually a good thing.
In my case however all creatures have all their needs fulfilled as well as health "on green".

I've done some more tests and I figured out the problem:

The number of creatures that will ignore the flag = number of creatures assigned to rooms at the same time you placed a flag

How does it work? Check your info panel of for example - your Cookery Room - if it shows that there are for example 2/x (like 2/2 or 2/3 etc.) Piggehs assigned - if you place a Piggeh's Rally Flag at the same time the Cookery Room says 2/x, than those 2 Piggehs will certainly ignore that Rally Flag. When I spotted that Cookery room info changed to 1/1 Piggehs assigned than I placed Piggehs rally flag again and voila - only 1 Piggehs - yes that one from 1/1 assigned was ignoring the rally flag.

How than it worked for 2 Orcs I mentioned earlier? First of the Orcs were assigned to Guard Room and the second Orc to Metalworks Rooms. Destroying Metalworks Room completely, made first Orcs moving to a Rally Flag, the same happened for second Orc when I destroyed Guard Room. You cannot see in Guard Room how much of creatures are assigned to it, but certainly it is assigning at least one creature - however the only creature that were occupying this Guard Room was the second Orc.

It's interesting that it doesn't apply the main rally flag, because when I place a normal Rally Flag (number 1) still that Piggeh or Orc will be doing their jobs, but in the end they will go to the Rally Flag - which in case of their Creature Rally Flag doesn't work like that.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 10:56 PM by Sebt.)
12-11-2017 10:50 PM
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Well spotted, now I will most certainly find the issue and solve it. It was a while since I worked on that part of the code so I can't say why the creature flag behaves differently from the main rally flag. I also thought they worked the same, but I will take a look at it tomorrow.
12-11-2017 11:39 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
It was really satisfying to find the cause. Smile

I was also wondering why these assigned to room creatures do more than one thing - I mean for example Piggeh takes a flour from the Cookery Room floor than put it onto Backing Table and than make a Bread - for me when Piggeh is done with making bread it means Piggeh finished the task, however the next thing that Piggeh do is for example taking an antroot and putting it into a Brewing Vat and than again Piggeh do the next 3-4 tasks and only after finishing them Piggeh is finally going to a main Rally Flag. In case of Creature Rally Flag for some reason Piggeh is stacking next tasks endlessly.

It looks like for me that game is setting a limited amount of tasks in Piggeh's job queue to do - like 5 tasks max and whenever a player puts a Rally Flag - game stops giving new tasks to that Piggeh - which in case of Creature Rally Flag it is not stopping that.
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2017 11:05 AM by Sebt.)
13-11-2017 11:04 AM
Rasmus Online
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
New version released, this bug is solved but need confirmation!
Today 02:38 PM
Sebt Online
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Great it works! Big Grin
I mean it's solved.
Today 09:43 PM