Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Solved & Confirmed 0.9g2 - Equipping Priorities
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

0.9g2 - Equipping Priorities
Despite having equipment available, creatures will train before they equip the gear they are supposed to have.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 11:58 PM by Sebt.)
14-03-2016 10:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Main developer of Dwelvers
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
15-03-2016 10:47 AM
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Solved with the next version!
16-03-2016 02:41 PM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello
Evil Admins

RE:
It looks like it's nearly there. I followed a new Orc around and he spent a couple minutes idly walking around the dungeon, then decided to go train, took a couple swings, went to equip steal armor then immediately swapped for bone, went to train again for a couple swings, and finally equipped a shield. I made sure the best equippable items were in storage so everything was there. Kinda weird he equipped steal armor then bone armor when I'd expect he'd just pickup what was the best available.
19-03-2016 08:45 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
I can second that, but I think the problem lies deeper. It's because prioritizing system doesn't work that efficient. For example Imps will go digging or taking wounded to bed or prisoners to prison only after they finish certain work they do like claiming tiles - they'll never interrupt their work because suddenly a new event that requires a quick response from them happens.
I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 04:36 PM by Sebt.)
11-11-2017 04:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Yeah, the thing is that if we decide to break ongoing jobs it could get messy, a imp could start reinforcing walls, then something else with a higher priority will come up making him start to do that, and then another and so on. And in the end the imp would have started 10 different jobs without completing a single one. A job usually takes between 5 - 15 seconds to complete. I think we saves a lot of time to him complete it than having to re-prioritize, especially as we usually have 20+ imps running around. They complete jobs once every second.
12-11-2017 08:29 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
I see. Than I think I have some suggestions for Imps. I will make a thread about Imps in separate thread.

If it comes to this bug I think it's solved. All creatures when their last task is done and are not idle are going to storage and wear armour or/and weapon that was set to have the highest priority for that type of creature.
12-11-2017 09:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rasmus Offline
Dwelvers Developers

RE:
Thank you Smile
12-11-2017 10:02 PM
Sebt Offline
The Evil Admin
Evil Admins

RE:
Yea, and what Mello said about that one of the Orcs were doing some swinging etc. before it finally went to equip himself might be the only Orc assigned to a certain room Mello built in which Orcs were supposed to do a job there. The same happens to main Rally Flag (and unfortunately for us it doesn't apply for Creature Rally Flag - which I elaborated HERE).
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 11:59 PM by Sebt.)
12-11-2017 11:01 PM