Nick:  
Pass:     
Help Register

Game How to recruit a large army?
Goblin_Priest Offline
Dungeon Lord

How to recruit a large army?
My economy seems to be fairly good, except from periodic wood shortages I've got of everything in excess, plenty of storage rooms, many unused beds, all building types, etc. I even have some statues to boost recruitment.

But how large is a large army? I have 8 fishmen, 5 impanzees, 124 imps, 10 orcs, 8 piggehs, and 9 rogues. Didn't head for the maze, yet, as I feel somewhat weak. But those incursions are getting strong, with 3 hours and a half game time.
25-03-2016 02:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Build Orc and Impanzee Statues, and don't forget to feed Knights to the DM. Most you will typically see is 14 of each (besides Imps), but feeding your enemies will allow you to amass a large army. I had 45 Knights at one point. In the current state the game is very much Atari Mario Bros. You can keep going, but at a certain point if you don;t close the portals you will be overrun.
25-03-2016 03:33 AM
Goblin_Priest Offline
Dungeon Lord

RE: How to recruit a large army?
(25-03-2016 03:33 AM)Mello Tonin Wrote:  Build Orc and Impanzee Statues, and don't forget to feed Knights to the DM. Most you will typically see is 14 of each (besides Imps), but feeding your enemies will allow you to amass a large army. I had 45 Knights at one point. In the current state the game is very much Atari Mario Bros. You can keep going, but at a certain point if you don;t close the portals you will be overrun.

How do you recruit knights...? Even if I have a bed for them, and feed them to the DM from the dungeon, none appear.

How do you close portals? You mean capture them?

On the website it says I need to feed gold to the DM to spawn more orcs. Is this still accurate? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

Edit: It's like every time I can't do something, it does it itself right after I post about it. I have a handful of knights, I guess I had to sacrifice a large number at once instead of one at a time?
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 04:42 AM by Goblin_Priest.)
25-03-2016 04:26 AM
Mello Tonin Offline
Guru O' Mello

RE:
Yeah if you only do one at a time, then the spawn timer will stall. It's typically a 2:1 ratio for spawning from feeding.

In order to close a portal, you just need to claim the central tile where the ladder is. Once you claim all of them, the timer will continue to run until it fills up, but no more troops will spawn.

Feeding resources to the DM hasn't been possible for quite some time. The site just hasn't been updated with the right info. There are a few things which will improve the time it takes to spawn more orcs: build an Orc Statue, add more tables and chairs to the Bar Room, more Orc Beds, and Training Dummies. You will notice many objects that you hover over will show a +n% <creature image> to indicate it improves recruitment like Bridges for Fishmen.
25-03-2016 08:29 PM