More reports needed 0.11.5 BT - Knights Aren't Spawning With The Rogues
When the wave of enemies spawn from the portals, Knights are not being spawned.
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
I'm not seeing this issue. I know that the first waves usually don't have knights at all, what difficulty and wave were you at? You can see what enemies should spawn the next wave by hovering the evil meter.
Hmm, Rogues usually go first when the enemy wave is arriving at Portals, sometimes so fast that you are able to block Knights way to your dungeon. If you do this, the whole group of Knights will gather at the nearest Portal at stays there until a new path to your dungeon is being dug out.

Dungeon Keeper devs solved this by making parties of heroes which contains at least one digger and that these parties are coming at your dungeon in strict formation, not allowing anyone to go out from this formation till they meet their enemy, so they are coming all together and this way that idea make it hard to divide this party.

IMO idea of coming in groups is awesome idea even for player's creatures, which they can first gather and than go together at enemy. Game could calculate how much creatures is needed and available to make a group and it can organize one that have a big chance to win with incoming enemy - like the game puts it's own invisible Rally Flag.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Hmm, I agree Sebt, it would be better if they all walked in a group...

@Mello, can you confirm that it isn't the case I mentioned in my previous post?
I'm also curious to know that, because Knights are slower, however they're spawning along with Rogues from the same portal at least for my instances.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
I think Sebt's onto the cause of this likely. I think the case may be that the Knights were off walking somewhere while the Rogues were coming for my DM. I have not seen this happen in any of my other games, but the reference below is of a game that I had multiple issues come up. If you load that game and complete the bridge that is highlighted in the image, you'll be overrun with waves that couldn't path to the DM. I think this was part of the problem leading me to report the spawning problem. They were being spawned, they just couldn't make it to me. I've tried to recreate the terrain in another game to get the pathing to fail, but couldn't.

Quote:So while I was trying to confirm a couple of old bugs I discovered this is still around. I've created a save file which can be loaded, and you'll see the behavior immediately nearby my dungeon structures. This is still true in 0.11.6 BT, and you can get the save game here: Save File

The situation is similar. There is a rally flag far away, but I placed it there in anticipation of a large army that had amassed due to a pathing issue which kept enemies spawned from the nearby portal from being able to reach me. A soon as a bridge is placed where I indicate below, all hell will break loose.

[Image: 2zCus.jpg]
This might be it, because I also got once pulverized by enemy waves stacked in a place that I cut off some time before.
Hmm, so can you say that this one is solved but that we need to add a suggestion about making enemies walk in groups?
Yeah, IMO idea of parties from DK games were quite a good idea to solve possible issues with blocking enemy way to our dungeon with ease.