Solved & Confirmed 0.11.7 BT - Rally Flags Ignored While In Combat To Chase The Enemy
This is really more of an issue, but it becomes troublesome when your rally flag doesn't keep your troops rallied around it and they go charging off across the map. This is especially true for the surface world. There needs to be a limit to how far they can travel from the flag, and if they're chasing someone before the flag is placed it should interrupt their pursuit and rally them to the flag.
Yea, they're chasing enemies till chased enemies fall unconscious and don't react to new rally flag call if I place it somewhere. Creatures seems to stop chasing enemies when they're attacked in the meantime. In dungeons enemy Rogues often escapes to other Portals which can be placed far away from dungeon. It can be very dangerous if you play on high or impossible difficulty level and may be very confusing in multiplayer mode.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Added to the list of Bugs/Issues & Crashes!
I've made it so that they will attack while they go towards the rally flag, but if they have reached it once they will stay close too it.

Version 0.11.10 released, this bug is solved but need confirmation!
Hmm, creatures still chase until kill. Putting somewhere a rally flag doesn't interrupt their chase.
Spec: Win 10, ATI 7800 HD, res: 1280x1024x75. I support The Venus Project & Resource-Based Economy
Ok, I think I thought about it wrong then :/ Hmm, perhaps making it so that a new rally flag makes them stop engaging in combat where creatures are afraid, but they will still fight creatures that are attacking them.

Back to being unsolved.
Solved with the next version!
Dwelvers Alpha v0.11.11 BT released! This bug is solved but need confirmation Smile
Hmm it seems solved partially, when they're after chasing the enemy they stops for a moment and than go to RF. However once I cancelled the RF than they continue they job which was chasing enemy at this time so after cancelling RF they chased them again. The same happens when I decide to manually move creature with a mouse - it will back to it's job - as it's a good thing in general as IMO for chasing enemies creatures could get their job cancelled and chase enemy only if close enough the dungeon or attacking the creature.

What's more after cancelling RF once than letting them chase enemy again and than putting RF again somewhere and than after cancelling RF I got this error, game froze and I was unable to play (nut it's hard to reproduce, it happened only once to me):

[Image: 2z65wjl.jpg]

If not this error I got once I can say creatures are now reacting to RF during their chase and stops doing the pursuit.

EDIT: I had a game where one Rogue was not interrupting chasing enemy on the surface, but that's very probably that he was so close to enemy he didn't stop to chase it.
The same case happened once for (one again) Orc, but it's possible the enemy was in area of "helping friends in battle" range so he kept chasing the enemy. I'm not sure why though.

EDIT2: Well that happened again for 2 Piggehs, I couldn't force them to stop chasing with putting RF somewhere.

Interesting, what makes those creatures different from other - maybe those are creatures the only assigned to rooms?
Back to not solved Smile
I've added a 'ALT+T' option in the next version "Make all enemies afraid" which made it very easy to reproduce this bug Big Grin

Solved with the next version!
Version 0.11.13 BT released! This bug is solved but need confirmation Smile
Still some of creatures are chasing the enemy if spot one, I noticed 2 of my Piggehs chasing it, the rest creatures nearby I could call with rally flag. Interesting is that when I clicked on those two Piggehs and order them to go somewhere else, they stopped the chase.
Back to being unsolved Smile
Version 0.11.16 released this bug is solved but need confirmation.

I fixed this by adding two things:
* Previously the creatures would not care about the enemies for a while if the rally flag switched location. And I thought the location would be reset if a new rally flag was put down, even if in the same location. But it seems not, so now I did it properly.
* If a creature is scared and your creature that is hunting it is outside the rally flag boundaries, then your creature will ignore the scared creature. But if the scared creature is close enough to the rally flag, then he will be attacked, but not chased.